Author Topic: The parts trading thread, pay it forward!  (Read 14851 times)

Offline LightagesTopic starter

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
The parts trading thread, pay it forward!
« on: February 26, 2015, 08:17:31 pm »
So I was thinking. I know, no jokes please.....

I am sure that many people have needed a single part, or some strange part you can only find on broker sites that aren't available anymore except from these parts brokers. I have run into this myself a couple of times. Ebay is an option sometimes if you have confidence in the seller but sometimes it just is not cost effective nor necessarily a trustworthy seller.

So the idea is that I think we should have a trade thread. If you need something one off, hard to find, then post here to get someone to donate the part if they have it or maybe trade for it. If you have some random part or a pile of them, offer them up here for grabs. Please no sales and purchases here, just trades or free offers for requests. Please also make sure to post your request for postage costs if you want them.

So pay it forward! Lets trade some parts or just outright give them to those who need them. If you receive something, remember this and make sure you give back to the community.

As suggested by Dave (the member not the admin) and Tautech, this thread could get messy. In light of this please maintain your posts. Update (modify) your posts to reflect what is available or not, and what is needed or not. Please search the thread for the relevant parts needed or offered before posting a new one for the same part. Thank you.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 09:54:23 pm by Lightages »

Offline Dave

• Super Contributor
  • I like to measure things.
Re: The parts trading thread, pay it forward!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 08:34:52 pm »
I like the idea, but I think you'd need a large spreadsheet of what is being offered and by whom, as well as quantities and it might be a good idea to add another box that gives a short description of the component. The forum thread alone would get cluttered in a heartbeat, it would be impossible to keep track of offered components.
Might not be a bad idea to have several spreadsheets for different types of components.
<fellbuendel> it's arduino, you're not supposed to know anything about what you're doing
<fellbuendel> if you knew, you wouldn't be using it

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 08:35:04 pm »
Good idea - and I wish to thank Lightages for some test leads he's sending me (from Chile!). I will also send a part to anyone who needs it if I have one.  8)
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 08:56:30 pm »
I like the idea, but I think you'd need a large spreadsheet of what is being offered and by whom, as well as quantities and it might be a good idea to add another box that gives a short description of the component. The forum thread alone would get cluttered in a heartbeat, it would be impossible to keep track of offered components.
Might not be a bad idea to have several spreadsheets for different types of components.

As much as I understand your concern, I don't have the time to work that hard for free. If this gets out of hand, so be it!  >:D

I don't think it too hard for  people to search first for a post and then ask again if necessary. If it is too much work to search for themselves for something that is free, "No parts for you!"
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 09:28:13 pm by Lightages »

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 09:25:25 pm »
 :-+
We call it horse trading.

Got 300  :wtf: spare 17mm dia 4mm nylon shaft PCB mount 4K7A pots.
Will post pic and parts # later

Packed in slide out foam trays in a cardboard sleeve 100 ea WITH nuts.
Will break to lots of 10 min.

<<<< Contact details on website
Postage payment via PayPal

What can you offer?

Edit
We can each keep this thread "clean & tidy" by editing your own posts to reflect other items we may offer and announcing when items we offer are exhausted.

Don't forget you can also remove your post if you have nothing left to offer.

Looking forward to more shelf space.........
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 09:46:32 am by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline ElektroQuark

• Supporter
    • ElektroQuark
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 06:38:32 am »
Very good idea.

Ok. Lets start asking for one  :-[

I need a Motorola MC68306FC16A.
I'm trying to fix a Keithley 2000. See HERE

A used unit it's OK. Even if it still soldered to PCB.

Thank you.

Offline Psi

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 06:50:11 am »
I think there's already be a google docs spreadsheet for this.
But i could be remembering a different forum.

In any case, im in Auckland New Zealand and have far too many 1-5mW laser diode modules. around 800 i think.

You in auckland tautech ?
Greek letter 'Psi' (not Pounds per Square Inch)

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2015, 06:14:11 pm »
Well, if you want some rather elderly ITT 24V 400mW zeners I do have a few. Paypal for postage from South Africa, so it will be slow to arrive by you.

Offline Cloud

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2015, 04:39:42 pm »
I am looking for a few pcs of 390uH coils in 1210 or similar footprint. And for 39nF capacitors in 1206 or smaller footprint.

Offline macbreak

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2015, 01:16:21 am »
I need a 1/4W, 1K resistor please. I need it shipped via UPS, if anyone can fulfill?

:-+ O0

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2015, 01:26:53 am »
macbreak, one? one 1/4W 1K resistor? really? I am sorry but really?

If you have any junk equipment lying around, anything, it probably has something close if not a 1k resistor that you can salvage. These also can be had a many electronics ships for less than postage from almost anywhere. This is not what I would call a hard to find part nor even cost effective to mail.

Really?

Offline macbreak

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2015, 01:28:26 am »

If you have any junk equipment lying around, anything, it probably has something close if not a 1k resistor that you can salvage. These also can be had a many electronics ships for less than postage from almost anywhere. This is not what I would call a hard to find part nor even cost effective to mail.

Really?

Has your humour switch ceased in the off position? >_> Even a blind man could see I was joking...  :palm:

Offline idpromnut

• Supporter
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2015, 01:30:01 am »
I need a 1/4W, 1K resistor please. I need it shipped via UPS, if anyone can fulfill?

PM sent, I got your resistor packaged all ready to go!

Offline macbreak

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2015, 01:31:37 am »

PM sent, I got your resistor packaged all ready to go!

Brill, thanks. If you could possibly include the tracking number, and a few rubber bands and possible a paper clip too, I'd appreciate it.  O0

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2015, 01:35:38 am »

Really?

Has your humour switch ceased in the off position? >_> Even a blind man could see I was joking...  :palm:

DOH!

Sorry, my brain was switched off tonight. I am very tired and doing many other things. |O

P.S. And in my defense, there has been some pretty stupid posts on the frums too.  :-[
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 01:37:52 am by Lightages »

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2015, 03:58:42 am »
If you don't protect it it will get spammed I think.

Offline EEVmarty

• Contributor
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2015, 12:36:08 pm »
Clearly a joke, everyone knows he meant "1/2 watt"    lol

Really?

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2015, 05:12:27 pm »
OK OK , let's not pollute the thread with useless posts please.

Offline apelly

• Supporter
  • Probe
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2015, 11:26:11 pm »
In any case, im in Auckland New Zealand and have far too many 1-5mW laser diode modules. around 800 i think.
Have you got a part number for these handy, Psi? I'd like to fool around with a couple, but I'd rather read up a bit before I waste your time.

Offline MoighonFweeman

• Contributor
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2015, 12:14:56 am »
I too would be interested in some information about those laser diodes. I'd like to fool around with those. Thinking about making a laser tripwire of some sort.

Offline zerorisers

• Regular Contributor
  • young noobie, my apologies for low knowledge base.
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2015, 07:11:46 pm »
I too would be interested in some information about those laser diodes. I'd like to fool around with those. Thinking about making a laser tripwire of some sort.
Everybody please stop the pointless back and forth arguing on MacBreaker. Report the posts and don't feed his mass ego.
TIA, zerorisers

Offline MoighonFweeman

• Contributor
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2015, 06:20:26 pm »
So is anyone still interested in this?

Offline macbreak

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2015, 01:36:55 am »
Everybody please stop the pointless back and forth arguing on MacBreaker. Report the posts and don't feed his mass ego.
TIA, zerorisers

^ I find it amusing that someone who refers to complete strangers as having a "mass ego", without knowing one jot about them, would put that across in the manner of someone who appears to have more of an ego, by posting such arrogant, prejudgemental guff.

In other news: don't take things so seriously; I was having a giggle and laboured it too much, and then stopped.

Relax, no stress my man :)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 01:39:30 am by macbreak »

Offline Cloud

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2015, 08:29:58 am »
I don't know if its meant to talk about this here, but for my project I need 1500-2000 5mm green leds. I am thinking about superbright since they need less current for same brightnes as normal ones. But anywhere I looked the price is 0.04€+. Can you recomend me where can I get them for cheap.

Thank you

Offline neslekkim

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2015, 12:31:19 pm »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf