Author Topic: US-Anyone who could reship my parcel via USPS?  (Read 2858 times)

Offline MadTuxTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
US-Anyone who could reship my parcel via USPS?
« on: March 22, 2017, 05:47:58 am »
Scored some cheap Keithley stuff and would be happy if someone could reship it for me to Switzerland using USPS.
Shipping cost (by weight) via USPS should be around $80-120,(+$25 for UPS) unfortunately seller insists on using UPS, which sucks,because it costs at least $280+taxes :'(

So I need someone who is willing to receive my parcel, put new address on it and ship it via USPS? I can trade parts (like  a bag of LM399s) or pay a small fee by Paypal. You can also have a look inside the instrument, if you like (and put it back together again and don't break it any more than it already is  ;) )

PM if you are interested, thanks
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 05:54:50 am by MadTux »

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
Re: US-Anyone who could reship my parcel via USPS?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 06:03:45 am »
I get a pretty good deal on UPS shipping so it would likely be cheaper then USPS but am not located in the US(I'm right next door). What goodies did you get?
VE7FM

The following users thanked this post: MadTux

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 06:09:32 am »
Broken Keithley 237 for $220  ;D

Thanks for the offers,blueskull and Steve.
Can you PM me you address and the estimated shipping price, Steve?
No taxes if shipping between US and Canada?

If so, I'll give the seller your address, hope he doesn't bitch. Can I send you the shipping money by Paypal?

Thank you very much

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 09:48:12 am »

I think you will find it will be treated as any other international shipment.  The US and Canada are two distinct countries that share a land border.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 11:37:34 am »
I think you will find it will be treated as any other international shipment.  The US and Canada are two distinct countries that share a land border.

I don't know, but I assumed that there might be free trade agreements between Canada and US, like here in Europe.

But if I have to pay for taxes 2 times, it soon will get equally expensive  >:(

Offline Nightmare4u2c

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 12:34:30 pm »
I'm in Washington state and available to reship. I send primarily through usps for my eBay stuff.

Online Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 01:28:00 pm »
Do not know what deal TheSteve got but UPS charges arm and leg for stuff from US into Canada.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline switch998

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2017, 12:55:14 am »

Not necessarily. NAFTA enables import/export of a number items between Canada, USA and Mexico without duties. I import/export equipment all of the time without getting hit with duties.

Offline edavid

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2017, 01:24:45 am »
Do not know what deal TheSteve got but UPS charges arm and leg for stuff from US into Canada.

That's because of the notorious brokerage fee.

MadTux, do you know if UPS will charge this in Switzerland?  If you are not sure, definitely avoid UPS.

There is also a new service that seems cheaper than USPS for US->Europe: http://www.parcelmonkey.com
They claim not to charge brokerage fees, but I have not tried them yet.

Offline Falcon69

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2017, 08:18:24 am »
I'm in Oregon. I don't mind doing this for you, as long as ya pay the shipping for it up front. I can do it DHL, USPS, whatever you want. The post office is pretty close to me.  I'd have to go see what they charge, if I had a weight, dimensions of the package, declared value (have to put that on international shipments) and address of where it's going, shoulsn't be a problem.  But, I've done this before. USPS doesn't have any information once it leaves the US, they can't tell me if you'd impose any duties or custom charges. So You're on your own there.

As far as shipping from US to Canada....you'll have to pay duty/custom fees that Canada imposes. I've shipped product up there a few times and even stuck a MADE in the USA sticker on the box. Made no difference. My Customers still got charged. Supposedly if the product is truely made in the USA, then Canada doesn't charge, but that's BS. My product is, and the customers still get charged. I had the damn stickers all over the box, and even wrote on the shipping label where it asks if it is made in he USA.

I don't need to get paid. But if you'd like to donate them to a needed electronics student closer to you, I wouldn't mind. :)

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2017, 10:37:23 am »
Thanks to everyone for the offers, I appreciate it a lot. :)

I took blueskull's offer and paid less than $20 for UPS to ship that K237 to his lab.
Crazy differences in shipping costs  between US and everywhere else in world >:(

Let everyone know how this turns out.

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2017, 12:05:47 pm »
Next time look at a forwarding service like shipito.com
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline Bryan

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2017, 08:27:37 pm »
If you are in Canada and ship to the US the buyer in the US has a $800.00US limit before duty and taxes kicks in. Shipping from US to Canada and the limit is $20.00 CDN. It's not so much the duty and taxes as the brokerage fees the carriers charge.
-=Bryan=-

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2017, 07:47:56 pm »
Keithley 237 just arrived here in Switzerland.
As far as I can tell, it's complete and in beautiful condition, but has blown fuse and a slight magic smell in the inside.
Will certainly be an interesting repair.

Big thanks to blueskull for the quick and straightforward reshipping service!! :).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf