Author Topic: WTB (US Denver!) Looking for a multimeter!  (Read 1456 times)

Offline NoFilterTopic starter

• Contributor
WTB (US Denver!) Looking for a multimeter!
« on: November 21, 2018, 12:11:09 am »
Hi all,

Currently going through school and I am starting to have the desire to build/play with circuits at home. Looking for a decently priced multimeter for an electronics course! Anyone have one to sell?

Thank you,
Tyler

• Contributor
Re: WTB (US Denver!) Looking for a multimeter!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 12:48:02 am »
I have a Sanwa PM3 in very good condition lying around. Pocket meter, minimum feature set, very well built and reliable with a real certified CATII rating for indoor applications.

Good only as beginner's meter or as a pocket second meter. Not for intermediate or advanced level users as the only meter.

Asking for $20 w/ shipping. Location: Raleigh, NC.

Hi there! One of the functions I need is the ability to measure the microampere range (at least that's what we're doing right now with BJTs and the course next semester might need it as well). Is this something this meter can do?

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 01:16:49 am »
Hi there! One of the functions I need is the ability to measure the microampere range (at least that's what we're doing right now with BJTs and the course next semester might need it as well). Is this something this meter can do?

No. It doesn't have current range. Either you get a uCurrent or a shunt or a different meter.

I do have Dave's GW121. I backed it during the campaign to support Dave, but I never had a need for it. It comes with uCurrent built-in.

It's now listed at AU$300 ($216 plus shipping) on Dave's website, but not in stock.

I'm willing to pass it on to the one who needs it for the same price, immediately available.

I may do this if I can't find a cheaper used meter (Thanks!). That meter looks pretty wild! I'm going to look around a bit, but I will likely PM you within the next few days!

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 03:45:59 am »
Tyler, I have a Triplett 9005 (similar to Uni-T UT51) that you can have for the price of postage.

Despite it is manual range, 2000 counts and not as "sexy" as more modern meters, this meter has a pretty wide range of measurements for electronics that are quite nice for electronics: 20uA DC and 200uA AC, up to 200M\$\Omega\$, instantaneous continuity buzzer and 2V diode measurement. It also has the transistor checker.

Specs: http://www.uni-trend.com/productsdetail.aspx?ProductsID=622&ProductsCateId=747&CateId=747

This meter is not recommended to be used in high power systems.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 03:56:38 am by rsjsouza »
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 12:56:29 pm »
Tyler, I have a Triplett 9005 (similar to Uni-T UT51) that you can have for the price of postage.

Despite it is manual range, 2000 counts and not as "sexy" as more modern meters, this meter has a pretty wide range of measurements for electronics that are quite nice for electronics: 20uA DC and 200uA AC, up to 200M\$\Omega\$, instantaneous continuity buzzer and 2V diode measurement. It also has the transistor checker.

Specs: http://www.uni-trend.com/productsdetail.aspx?ProductsID=622&ProductsCateId=747&CateId=747

This meter is not recommended to be used in high power systems.

Wow! This would be awesome! Sent PM!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf