Author Topic: WTD: AmScope 7X-45X Trinocular Stereo Zoom Microscope on Single Arm Boom Stand  (Read 1969 times)

Offline dave_birdiTopic starter

• Contributor
I've spotted the above microscope on Amazon I was just wondering if anyone here on EEVBlog had any experience of buying these from the US via Amazon, I'm based in the United Kingdom.

Offline ian.rees

• Contributor
I'm fairly certain these are the same microscopes available on aliexpress under a few different names (and prices for some reason).  Very happy with mine, was pleasantly surprised by the quality given the price.  If you go that route, you'll almost certainly have to wait a ~month for Chinese New Year to wrap up.

Mine has a few shims and such that seem a bit hacky inside the head, but can't tell without taking it apart ;).  Got the articulated arm as it's used over a small coil winding machine in addition to the normal PCBs, a friend has one with boom stand and likes his too.  Would definitely recommend the 0.5x Barlow as it doubles the working distance and provides plenty magnification for electronics work.   -Ian-

Offline grouchobyte

• Regular Contributor
I have two of these microscopes in my lab. One of them on a boom stand the other with a simpler stand, same head. Had em for close to 10 years. The quality is outstanding for the price and the image quality is comparable with Olympus and Nikon scopes. I know this because we used various top tier microscopes at Tektronix in the hybrid circuits fab ( 18 years ago)and I used them quite often.

Sure, Amscope is  a chinese company based in L.A and in the beginning Frank and his wife had to struggle with the western client and our expectations for such things. But after a decade, his company has grown and the products he sells direct and through Amazon are the real deal. I highly recommend Amscope.

@grouchobyte

The following users thanked this post: rachaelp

Offline rachaelp

• Supporter
I have two of these microscopes in my lab. One of them on a boom stand the other with a simpler stand, same head. Had em for close to 10 years. The quality is outstanding for the price and the image quality is comparable with Olympus and Nikon scopes. I know this because we used various top tier microscopes at Tektronix in the hybrid circuits fab ( 18 years ago)and I used them quite often.

Sure, Amscope is  a chinese company based in L.A and in the beginning Frank and his wife had to struggle with the western client and our expectations for such things. But after a decade, his company has grown and the products he sells direct and through Amazon are the real deal. I highly recommend Amscope.

@grouchobyte

That's good to know. I've been looking at one of these on Amazon in the UK too. They look really good from what I have seen and the price is a fraction of the cost of some of the big brands. Here is a pretty good review that I found: http://technitoys.com/review-amscope-trinocular-boom-stereo-microscope/

Best Regards,

Rachael
I have a weakness for Test Equipment so can often be found having a TEA break (https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/test-equipment-anonymous-(tea)-group-therapy-thread/)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf