Author Topic: 121GW multimeter is being Returned to shipper ( Russia )  (Read 3655 times)

Offline DxTopic starter

121GW multimeter is being Returned to shipper ( Russia )
« on: June 20, 2018, 08:21:32 pm »
My 121GW multimeter is being Returned to shipper
http://www.dhl.com/cgi-bin/tracking.pl?AWB=8459587824

I am from Russia...
So I like to know how widespread "Returned to shipper" issue is.
Is it only mother Russia? Is it DHL?
At least two 121GW shipments ( mine and my friend's ) are returned.

Offline jmelson

• Super Contributor
Re: 121GW multimeter is being Returned to shipper ( Russia )
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 08:31:47 pm »
I've had this happen a few times with USPS shipments when I didn't follow the EXACT procedures required by some country.  Some want the invoice INSIDE to box, some what it outside with the customs documents, some want triplicate, or duplicate, some do not want anything other than the documents generated by the USPS.  I've never had this happen with FedEx, they will call or email and get me to produce whatever document customs needed.

Jon

Offline Canis Dirus Leidy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 11:37:30 pm »
I am from Russia...
So I like to know how widespread "Returned to shipper" issue is.
Is it only mother Russia? Is it DHL?
At least two 121GW shipments ( mine and my friend's ) are returned.
Most likely it is because of the customs legislation. According to which measuring instruments are not goods of personal use and can not be imported by an individual.

Online Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 05:54:41 am »
So you can't have a hobby?

Or are they concerned you might out think the establishment or design some sort of subversive device?

Offline AVL007

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 06:21:59 am »
Hi!
I'm from Russia too and I have same issue!  :-[

Offline AVL007

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 06:28:41 am »
But why I've successfully received multimeters and current meter from Aliexpress? F*king DHL? Wrong invoice?... It's so sed...

Offline DxTopic starter

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2018, 07:45:35 am »
http://www.dhl.ru/en/country_profile/import_guidelines_express.html
The import of DHL EXPRESS WORLDWIDE Non-document (e.g. dutiable) shipments addressed to private individuals has been temporarily restricted to all destinations in Russia. This is due to changes in customs clearance procedures for all express carriers implemented in 2010.
So basically DHL being idiots.

Offline Canis Dirus Leidy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 08:06:47 am »
So you can't have a hobby?
You can. You just can't buy some types of goods (like oscilloscopes, printed circuits or milking machines) directly from foreign seller.  :-\

Or are they concerned you might out think the establishment or design some sort of subversive device?
I can't say for sure, but most of all it seems that authors of this list just don't gave a f*uck about gar(b)age tinkerers and their weird hobbies. For example: you can't (as individual) import multimeter but you can import signal generator.

But why I've successfully received multimeters and current meter from Aliexpress? F*king DHL?
Because the usual parcel (especially from China) with a fairly high probability does not attract the attention of customs, in contrast to courier services, like DHL.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2018, 10:06:05 am »
http://www.dhl.ru/en/country_profile/import_guidelines_express.html
The import of DHL EXPRESS WORLDWIDE Non-document (e.g. dutiable) shipments addressed to private individuals has been temporarily restricted to all destinations in Russia. This is due to changes in customs clearance procedures for all express carriers implemented in 2010.
So basically DHL being idiots.

Sorry, yes, DHL have returned all Russians imports due to customs not allowing them to deliver anything to personal addresses.
They are being returned and will have to be re-shipped by DHL eCommerce.

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2018, 01:24:30 pm »
So this seems to have nothing to do with hobbyists, just tightening up customs clearance procedures for Express type of delivery service. Guess Dave will/can reship using a different service option.
And by the way, you guys are lucky to have E 200 duties threshold on imported goods, ours here in Canada is 15 times worse (CAD $20, E 13). Cant see a reason for you to be unhappy.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline DxTopic starter

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2018, 08:49:49 pm »
... re-shipped by DHL eCommerce.
Is DHL a good choice here?

Offline r3bers

• Contributor
    • solovjov.net
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2018, 01:40:44 am »
Same thing. In Russia

Offline r3bers

• Contributor
    • solovjov.net
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2018, 01:50:31 am »
But why I've successfully received multimeters and current meter from Aliexpress? F*king DHL? Wrong invoice?... It's so sed...
I Called to DHL and they said what have contracts with big stores like Ali and can accept Express packages even for individuals.
It's about customs. Ali had consult in customs services and they can track your INN when import, and be in rules of max cost in month to one person.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2018, 10:11:24 am »
... re-shipped by DHL eCommerce.
Is DHL a good choice here?

For less than a dozen packages I don't really have a choice. eCommerce has worked before for Russia, as it's handled over to the local postage service, it's just direct courier that is the problem.

Offline r3bers

• Contributor
    • solovjov.net
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2018, 04:08:09 pm »
it's just direct courier that is the problem.
When eCommerce package go to Russia DHL transfer package to Russian Post service before border, and Russian post easily handle it with customs services. Russian Post have automated systems to control limitations to tax free import 1K€ to one citizen per month.
When Express, DHL must handle It by himself. But it too complicated to store personal data, and connect with gov services. Big shops like Ali stores personal data by russians rules and works with gov services direclty.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 04:51:40 pm by r3bers »

Offline Howardlong

• Super Contributor
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2018, 04:49:59 pm »

Sorry, yes, DHL have returned all Russians imports due to customs not allowing them to deliver anything to personal addresses.
They are being returned and will have to be re-shipped by DHL eCommerce.

This has been going on with my FedEx deliveries for a few years, since new sanctions began being imposed in 2014. As a result, Russia joined Brazil as the only countries I ship to using the standard postal service rather than an expedited time definite fully tracked service.

Brazil is on my list because too many customers refused to pay the horrendous customs charges levied, and the total cost to me of return shipping and dealing with claiming back the the local tax exceeds the total value of the goods, and I still give the customer a full refund.

By using the postal service, the customs seems to be rather more lax, the automatic returns don't happen.

Offline Decoman

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2018, 11:31:33 am »
I have had two instances of packages being returned without me knowing about it:

1) There was this scale model kit returned to Germany, after supposedly lying at the post office for 14 days. I was never notified about there being a package to be picked up. I normally get an SMS message and snail mail when I get this type of package. All money lost on this order.

2) Blu ray disc ordered on Amazon, was mysteriously seen returned to Amazon in the tracking info available. I was never contacted with an SMS message about the upcoming delivery (which is common), nor did I ever receive a phone call about a delivery. I vaguely remember the cost was refunded, but i had to make a new order.

Sometimes, the door lock into my building at the entrance door at ground level is a little fiddly, and the mailman is known to put up a message from time to time about not delivering mail to the group of apartments for a week or two, if the lock seems hard to work with. The mail is then not delivered, and who knows when the land lord will find out about this and fixe the lock.

Offline DxTopic starter

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2018, 11:26:13 am »
It looks like my 121GW stuck in transit.
According to tracking number it is back in Australia?
http://webtrack.dhlglobalmail.com/?trackingnumber=AUBCN001729693

Also, my friend got his (we live in the same city)
https://webtrack.dhlglobalmail.com/?trackingnumber=AUBCN001734245

No answer from <eevblog.official@gmail.com>.

So? What to do?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf