Author Topic: 3sixt is really good company  (Read 3268 times)

Offline sony mavicaTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
3sixt is really good company
« on: December 05, 2016, 09:36:24 am »
there was a shop here in nz having a 1 day sale selling there 720p model camera for $30 original price $70

i knew the camera would not be that great for the price but i love to play around with cameras and other gadgets and i also have a gift card i got from doing surveys i tried out the camera and video and audio where not too bad for what i paid but photos where just  a still image out of the video no matter what mp i choose

so i sent the 3sixtgear an email and got this reply back

We have just learned that a small number of cameras shipped without a Firmware update that has now caused this issue, unfortunately it has affected your camera. There is a new Firmware update in development right now and should be available any day that will fix all the problems you are having, we will place the update on our website with instructions on how to install it when it becomes available and send you a link.

And to answer your other question yes the camera does use a real 5.1mp

then i messaged them back saying thanks for the reply i look forward to new firmware thanks for the help

and just about an hour ago i got this email from them

Hi,

The firmware update is taking longer than we had hoped so as a goodwill gesture we'll be happy to send you a replacement camera. It's our new model, https://www.3sixtgear.com/product/video/full-hd-sports-action-camera-with-wifi/ we know you will be happy with. It is a Full HD 1080p camera, basically the same as the one you have but in a higher resolution and wifi and will shoot in all still image resolutions you're looking for.

You can keep the 720p model too 😊

Please send me your address and we'll get one out to you quick smart.

:)

i am so happy
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 09:48:16 am by sony mavica »
MORE POWER!

The following users thanked this post: action man

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
Re: 3sixt is really good company
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 11:56:14 am »
Nice to see a company that stands so completely behind and believes in their product enough to provide this kind of customer service without being asked.  Enjoy the new camera when you get it.
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

The following users thanked this post: sony mavica, action man

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 01:33:42 am »
Nice to see a company that stands so completely behind and believes in their product enough to provide this kind of customer service without being asked.  Enjoy the new camera when you get it.

it really surprised me that they are going to send out another camera
MORE POWER!

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 08:40:12 pm »
i got that camera today did a quick test recording in doors and outside and it seem to do a good job video looks to me as good as a GoPro HD Hero Naked  camera might be a little better but i have not played around with any of the setting yet
MORE POWER!

Offline Maggie81

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 12:55:52 pm »
I wish there was more companies like that, man! I even find it hard to believe that they care so much about their customer. Good for you. :)

Offline sainter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 01:57:10 pm »
There is. I had to talk to Aftershokz few times. There sales person forwarded my to there engineering department and had a nice chat with them about possible features. After I had problems with one of there products, they sent me a replacement hassle free. 

The following users thanked this post: sony mavica, action man

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf