Author Topic: Analog circuits are fast: But how fast?  (Read 7321 times)

Offline Circlotron

• Super Contributor
Re: Analog circuits are fast: But how fast?
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2018, 02:14:19 am »
Designing simple analog circuits with opamps is like writing code in BASIC.
Designing simple analog circuits with discrete transistors is like writing code in assembly language.

Offline MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2018, 02:28:41 am »
Designing simple analog circuits with opamps is like writing code in BASIC.
Designing simple analog circuits with discrete transistors is like writing code in assembly language.
Designing simple analog circuits with discrete valves/tubes is like writing code in raw binary (0110101110)
Designing simple analog circuits with discrete passives is like writing code in DOS
Designing simple analog circuits with discrete gunn diodes is like writing code in microwave machine code

Offline BeaminTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • If you think my Boobs are big you should see my ba
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2018, 12:07:40 am »
Shortest distance between two points is a straight line, so I think analog might win this one with quantum tunneling... 

Some physicists have claimed that it is possible for spin-zero particles to travel faster than the speed of light when tunnelling.

I think that's because they are not traveling but rather going out of and back into existence at a different part of their probability wave. I think the double slit works because the instant a particle is created its probability wave fills the whole universe instantly. When a proton is formed it doesn't grow from a point and spread out to its diameter or quark for that matter so why should its probability wave have to grow at the speed of light? When you make something, anything appear you have a chance that it is not going to be somewhere else. So at some level its probability of existing or not existing is everywhere.
Max characters: 300; characters remaining: 191
Images in your signature must be no greater than 500x25 pixels

Offline tpowell1830

• Frequent Contributor
  • Peacefully retired from industry, active in life
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2018, 04:53:25 am »
Hmmm, when I was a young man, I was a cowboy. I had a pickup truck in which I would haul hay out to the cows in the winter time. My pickup truck had 325 horsepower. The problem was, when I hauled hay to the cows, it was wintertime and the cows were in the pasture deepest in the ranch. In order to get to this pasture I would drive down dirt trails and every so often I would have to stop at the next pasture and get out and open a gate, drive through, then get out and go close the gate behind me. There were 4 or 5 pastures between me and the cows. It only took a minute or so to get through the pastures, but at least a minute to open the gate and drive through and close each gate.

When I emptied all the hay from my truck for the cows, I got back on the open highway, I could go as fast as I wanted because there were no gates.
PEACE===>T

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf