Author Topic: Anyone trading bitcoins?  (Read 1359 times)

Offline BeaminTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • If you think my Boobs are big you should see my ba
Anyone trading bitcoins?
« on: August 14, 2017, 09:06:28 pm »
I have a wallet on my phone and out of curiosity I checked it today. What was 10's of $ turned into a few hundred. I bought it last time 2013 when it was 1200 then mtgox exploded and didn't pay much attention to them. I have another account but sadly I can't find where my 2 factor ID is as the one of the copies I made was in my real wallet which was stolen. I still have the print copy some where that has 0.5 in it or about $2000 today. Teach me to loose things.
Max characters: 300; characters remaining: 191
Images in your signature must be no greater than 500x25 pixels

The following users thanked this post: KL27x

Offline daybyter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Anyone trading bitcoins?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 09:33:03 pm »
Kinda. I used to write code for tradebots many moons ago. Moved on to other currencies at the moment.

Offline ebclr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 01:43:12 pm »
I would prefer to trade Holand Tulipes instead

The following users thanked this post: KL27x, blueskull, sixtimesseven

Offline KL27x

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2020, 10:21:46 pm »
I still have the print copy some where that has 0.5 in it or about $2000 today. Teach me to loose things.
I remember hearing about an NFL player who bought bitcoins early on. The value got to over 200 million US.

His financial advisor "lost" the key. Everyone assumes he is on an island with 200 million dollars. But maybe he actually lost the key?

If you want to store value in something that doesn't undergo inflation, what's wrong with gold bars? I don't get bitcoin the "mining" part. Let's use megawatts of electricity and racks of servers to make more of this imaginary crap?

The question: no. If I did short term trading, I am positive I could lose everything I own in a matter of weeks. It just takes a few days of insanity to do that, and I go through those days.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 10:30:16 pm by KL27x »

Offline RoGeorge

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2020, 10:29:06 pm »
Give me $100 million and in one year I'll break any encryption, no keys asked.

Offline BorisSutherland

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2020, 11:26:26 pm »
Ohh no! I am ready to invest in any company and engage in trading in any areas, even the most risky, but I will never work with cryptocurrency. This is not a principle, but a precaution. Many of my friends tried to make money on cryptocurrency, but in the end they lost all my money and this was a great lesson to me. Besides the instability of the cryptocurrency rate, there is also a lot of fraud here. So it’s better not to risk it. I prefer trading at nfp. Many are against it, but I discovered this niche for myself when I read the news on the https://fbs.com/tags/nfp-75. I decided to experiment and it turned out to be very profitable. So if you have experience trading on nfp then I am ready to listen to your stories.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 11:42:06 am by BorisSutherland »

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2020, 02:51:50 am »
You're not alone... there's probably hundreds if not thousands of others who, when it first started, were very curious what it was about, mined a bit, and then either thought it would amount to nothing and deleted them, or forgot about and eventually lost them.

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2020, 04:34:10 am »
It's just gambling. For everything like bitcoin that takes off and gets valuable there are a hundred other creations that flop. I never thought much about crypto currencies because it's completely irrational, but people are irrational in general.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf