Author Topic: Logic signal display from audio file  (Read 697 times)

Offline dweeb99Topic starter

• Contributor
Logic signal display from audio file
« on: February 21, 2018, 04:16:44 pm »
This might be a stupid question or there may be a simple answer but I haven't found one.
I'm looking for some utility or software that can read an audio file (Wav or DSD - no FLAC or M3 or other codec) & display the data contents as they would appear on a logic analyser in various output formats (I2S, SPDIF, DSD, etc)

I know there are protocol analysers which are part of logic analyser software which interpret & display these formats but that is based on the signals they are receiving - I want to simulate this feed by giving a data file as the input to these analysers, rather than an actual signal feed. Perhaps even just being able to cut & paste hex codes from the data portion of audio files into a protocol analyser would do?

It can be done manually but I'm lazy & it requires looking at file contents & converting little endian hex codes into the correct stream of binary data that would be the signal being picked up by logic analysers after playing the audio file through audio device(s)

Why I want to do this is so that I can check my digital manipulation of the audio stream is working as it should be. So if I use an audio test file I want to be able to check that the digital signal emerging from various digital chip processing is what it should be. So, for instance how should a 1KHz sine wave appear in an I2S digital stream or in a DSD digital stream?

I can edit the data contents of an audio file with a digital pattern that I want to see on the LA output but it means converting the digital pattern into little endian hex codes & editing this into the data area - often getting it wrong - a way of using a binary input into a protocol analyser to check if my digital pattern will output the logic stream I expect in the format chosen - I2S, right justified, left justified, DSD(dsf)

Any thought?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf