Author Topic: Bad service endemic in the whole world now? Anyone deal with tme.eu?  (Read 30002 times)

Offline LightagesTopic starter

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
Re: Bad service endemic in the whole world now? Anyone deal with tme.eu?
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2013, 01:46:48 am »
Wtf? After waiting all this time with no response from them, my order history dissappearing from their site, and tme ignoring the paypal dispute, my meter arrived! So I guess I will be sending a new payment, but I will still not recommend them.

Offline iloveelectronics

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2013, 02:14:24 am »
Wtf? After waiting all this time with no response from them, my order history dissappearing from their site, and tme ignoring the paypal dispute, my meter arrived! So I guess I will be sending a new payment, but I will still not recommend them.

I guess some congratulations are in order :) Price wise you have got a much better deal than going through Brymen Taiwan (sorry, I forgot to reply to your inquiry).
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 03:05:23 am by iloveelectronics »
My email address: franky @ 99centHobbies . com
My eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/99centhobbies

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2013, 02:40:29 am »
Legally I don't have any obligation to pay them now, at least where I was raised, but I am not going to keep something I didn't pay for. So I will send them another email and if they respond with a paypal link to pay them they will get their money. Does anyone want to bet on whether I get a response?

Offline Bored@Work

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2013, 06:23:00 am »
First check if the thing works. And have a peek inside if it is well built.

And once you have paid (or again didn't get an answer) you could write TMEs CEO an old school letter (the stuff made from wood), telling your story in polite words, listing all your emails that were not answered. With a bit of luck a CEO's minion will take some action.
I delete PMs unread. If you have something to say, say it in public.
For all else: Profile->[Modify Profile]Buddies/Ignore List->Edit Ignore List

Offline ttp

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2013, 10:52:35 am »
Legally I don't have any obligation to pay them now, at least where I was raised, but I am not going to keep something I didn't pay for. So I will send them another email and if they respond with a paypal link to pay them they will get their money. Does anyone want to bet on whether I get a response?

I'd say they respond but still would like to know what will happen. I'm glad you got your meter in the end, I've dealt with TME before and while communications is not their strong point I can't complain about their service or prices.

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2013, 05:10:59 pm »
I bet nobody will be surprised the hear that the day after I send an email saying I will send money that TME responded with an apology for dropping the ball and information on how to pay them. I really don't under stand how they could drop the ball so many times on one order.

I might, maybe, possibly, if there is no other choice, try buying from TME again, maybe......

In the mean time I can say that they still are not confidence instilling. It is really bad when DealExtreme has better service and delivery than someone in Europe.

Offline chickenHeadKnob

• Super Contributor
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2013, 03:59:25 am »

I promised in the other thread I would reply when my meters arrived and they came today. Well actually the TME shipment and an LCR (mastech  MS5308) FROM franky-iloveelectronics both came last friday but I was out and missed the delivery guys. Then we had a long weekend holiday so I had to wait for Christmas today.

I had a few problems with TME's website. One problem was self-inflicted in that I was using safari and forgot I had the view zoom text  bumped up a few notches and it screwed up the rendering of some forms. The other problem was the general lack of feedback from them. I filled out the pro-forma invoice and then nothing happened for a week. My fear that I would be charged E.U. VAT (mentioned upthread) was also realized. Now I am a new customer so maybe it takes them awhile to process and I don't mind waiting but they could improve by just responding to email's. I sent two one through the front page contact us the other to export@tme.eu with no answer. A day later get an invoice with the VAT removed, payed and then 3 more days later and boom the delivery shows up in my little town of outer buttfudle Canada. So the elves in Polska country work silently and in mysterious ways.

I was charged $27 by TME for shipping, $10 for customs brokerage by DHL (not too bad, this is where UPS and FEDEX rape Canadians) and $46 on $390 for Canadian duty and taxes. I think I would order from TME again if they had something I want.

On the other hand the mastech from Hong Kong with correctly declared value from Franky: no taxes,duty or brokerage, no nothing, go figure. God I love Canada Post :-+

Offline rvmeush

• Contributor
Has anyone in the U.S. ordered from TME.eu?
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2013, 11:05:29 pm »
I'd be interested if anyone in the U.S. has had any experience ordering from TME?   If so, how did the process go?  Thanks.

Offline butcherjw

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2014, 08:40:34 am »
I've order a Brymen BM869 from tme.eu on Sunday 17 August and it was delivered on Thursday the 21st.  That's 4 days although I placed the order on a Sunday.  I live in Melbourne, Australia.  They've replied to every single e-mail I sent them, the day after I sent them.  These were to notify them that I forgot to specify my suburb and postal code when I registered.  This was after I placed the order and paid for it using PayPal.  They corrected the address before shipment and even updated my details on their system.  So my experience has been very positive.

Offline bookaboo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2014, 09:24:10 am »
Just ordered some Brymen from TME on Monday, arrived yesterday so can't complain. Their website is absolute rubbish though, very hard to use.

Offline Yago

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2014, 12:15:52 pm »
Just ordered some Brymen from TME on Monday, arrived yesterday so can't complain. Their website is absolute rubbish though, very hard to use.
That website does far from instil confidence IMHO.

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2014, 11:44:30 am »
A few months ago I purchased an accessory from TME (here) and their shipping speed and cost was very reasonable. They were also very responsive to my inquiries before purchasing.

Perhaps they changed their services department since Lightages reported this two years ago...
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline jay

• Regular Contributor
  • Coder
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2014, 12:07:35 pm »
TME has poor customer service and their packaging is a joke. Otherwise it's OK shop in my experience. I recently learned that ordering heavy items at the same time with sensitive components is a bad idea. 450g solder wire caused a lot of damage to components. Mostly bent pins but couple of components had too much mechanical stress.
SW engineer trying to design HW because it's more fun.

Offline unbiased

• Contributor
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2014, 11:46:15 pm »
Hello, I just placed an order with tme.eu for a Brymen BM869 today. I agree that their website ordering process is kind of complicated and confusing forcing you to wonder as you fill in the fields and whether you are filling the fields in correctly or not.  It did not instill confidence when I was trying to place my order on their website. However I took the chance and hit the button to finish the order and chose to pay with Paypal.  I had registered an account online with them before I placed the order, so they had all my contact and shipping info plus email address.  However after paying for and concluding my order, I did not receive any indication or acknowledgement of success or payment received notification.  It just popped me out to their website online ordering page and that was it.  I did not receive an email receipt or anything.  I was able to login to my account with them to see my order online under the "Sales History" button though.  During the order process, right before submitting your payment, they do flash up the Invoice of your order and offer you to save it as a .pdf document or to print it out.  I saved it (luckily).  I also am in the habit of taking screen-captures of all the ordering screens and details just in case things go bad.  So I agree their service seems to be a bit lax in this regard.
On the other hand, Paypal was prompt in emailing me confirmations that my Paypal account was charged and paid TME already.  So I know TME got my payment.
So far, I cannot rate tme.eu yet.  I am feeling a bit worried that they do not reply at all to any emails or online messages that I send to them.  But I see my order status is in progress "pulling from the warehouse".   
I now will wait to see how this order progresses and how long it will take before I receive my new Brymen BM869.  I am in the USA, so I don't know how long it will take to arrive and be delivered from Poland or the EU warehouse wherever they ship from. 
At this point I am giving them the benefit of the doubt that all will go smoothly.  They did have the lowest price for the item that I could find, even with the $20 shipping charge to the USA.  So I am pleased with that at this point.  My search for the Brymen BM869 and all of its other brand name equivilents was fruitless.  All the GreenLee DM860A dealers here in the USA over charge for it and the ones I looked into seem to not even have it readily in stock.  So I gave up and just took a chance to order it from Europe, namely from TME.  I am hoping it goes smoothly after finding this thread about tme order experiences.  I will update once I get my BM869 from them.

UPDATE: 09/10/2014 - DHL delivered my package this afternoon! The package was a bit crunched and banged up but the meter seems to be working okay.  I am happy. TME.eu shipped very fast and DHL Air got it here from Poland to the USA, NY area in just a couple of days! Wow! So even though they don't acknowledge you after ordering, they did deliver!  All clear.  Good transaction. Oh, and the meter they sent me was the latest revision model BM869S.  Nice. Price is lowest around I could find too.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 11:02:29 pm by unbiased »
You don't know what you don't know until you know it.

Offline wyphy

• Contributor
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2014, 06:43:58 pm »
About a month ago I order a Brymen meter through TME, and while the site design is definitely not the best, they did ship quickly and my order arrived in just a few days.

Didn't have to deal with customer service for anything, so no comment there, but overall, it was a pretty painless order.

Offline KD0RC

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2014, 05:17:02 pm »
I ordered a BM 869s from TME while they were closed for the holidays and got an e-mail confirmation of the order right away.  This morning I got a confirmation of shipment via e-mail which included a link to the DHL tracking site.  So far I am happy with the service and price (USD 224) which includes shipping!

Len

Offline electr_peter

• Supporter
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2014, 05:57:17 pm »
I had used TME. I haven't had any problems - quick shipping, understandable ordering system.

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2014, 07:14:51 pm »
It always disappear from "Undelivered products" tab which you see by default. You must select "Sales invoices" and search by time period. They made it stupidly, and looks like that invoice disappeared at first glance but actually it is there.

Offline andrija

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2014, 11:46:39 pm »
I purchased Brymen 869 from TME in October or was it November and I'm also from Canada. It arrived pretty fast, with no issues at all.

Offline KD0RC

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2014, 06:56:12 pm »
Well, this is impressive - I ordered my BM 869s from TME on Friday 12/26 (holiday for them) and received it Wednesday, 12/31.  This is faster than I often receive things shipped from the US!  :-+

Offline coldfire

« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2015, 01:55:00 pm »
This is exactly what happened to me and I can tell that it is very confusing!

It always disappear from "Undelivered products" tab which you see by default. You must select "Sales invoices" and search by time period. They made it stupidly, and looks like that invoice disappeared at first glance but actually it is there.

Offline coldfire

« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2015, 04:19:50 pm »
I placed an order on Thursday night (BM 867s), got the shipping notice Friday morning (DHL air), and the estimated delivery (to USA) is the coming Monday, with an international shipping fee of $9.99! I have to say that I will be very very impressed if that happens. All other international merchants I have been dealing with (most from HK or China) have a delivery time between 2 weeks to 2 months. Some do offer free shipping while others charge a shipping fee comparable to TME.

Offline tmav123

« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2015, 08:18:24 pm »
Their service is the worst ever!!!

I had several orders that run without any problem.

But one of them was an oscilloscope that was not working!
I sent several emails without to get any response!
I sent a claim to paypal and they didn't respond to that also.
I got my money back from paypal and after one week they responded!!

STAY AWAY!!   :--

Offline kony

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2015, 08:52:04 pm »
Our first goto supplier for comodity components. Using them for years now, never had issue that could not by fixed by a phone call /e-mail.

The following users thanked this post: Yansi

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2015, 09:06:43 pm »
Their service is the worst ever!!!

I had several orders that run without any problem.

But one of them was an oscilloscope that was not working!
I sent several emails without to get any response!
I sent a claim to paypal and they didn't respond to that also.
I got my money back from paypal and after one week they responded!!

STAY AWAY!!   :--

Thia was very similar to my experience. It did get solved in the end. They are very good at sales and prices, very bad at follow up on problems.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf