Author Topic: Coordinating industrial equipment shipping after won on ebay......  (Read 1347 times)

Online SmokeyTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Not An Expert
While this instance isn't electronics exactly, the topic is relevant for anyone who may be looking to buy large things and have them shipped when the seller doesn't want to do it. 

Here is my present situation.  There is a piece of industrial kitchen equipment up on ebay for local pickup only.  It's in Greensboro, North Carolina and I am in Los Angeles.  The thing is about 70lb and 30in x 22in x 15in total.  The seller doesn't want to do any sort of shipping.  The price is really good so I'm looking into alternate freight shipping methods.

What are my options?  Would I have to find some local to him company to crate and ship it or can national shippers like UPS or DHL do both the crating and the shipping?

Offline Tony_G

• Frequent Contributor
  • Checkout my old test gear channel (link in sig)
    • TGSoapbox
Re: Coordinating industrial equipment shipping after won on ebay......
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 01:16:13 am »
I've used Fast Track Logistics many times and would recommend them. One downside is that they don't have picking services everywhere.

Might be worth giving them a shot https://www.fasttracklogistics.net/

TonyG

Online Stray Electron

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 01:51:01 am »
  IF the seller is willing to drop it off at a UPS store, they'll pack it and ship it but be warned that those stores are privately owned and they can anything that they want and in my experience, they charge double the normal UPS rate for shipping and they also charge big dollars for packing so it won't be cheap.  They charged me just over $100 to pack and ship an HP 9825 and that was over 25 years ago! For anyone that cares, I bought Steve Leibson's personal 9825.

• Super Contributor
  • Not An Expert
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 11:34:02 pm »
Cool.  That's good feedback.  I have a RFQ for fast track logistics and I'm seeing if the guy is willing to drop the thing off at a UPS store.  I'll keep you posted on what the costs of those things are when I know.

• Super Contributor
  • Not An Expert
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 08:27:00 pm »
Update.

Fast track logistics no bid me. 
UPS store charges 200usd (for both pack and ship) if I can somehow get it to the store.  Talking with seller to see if he will at least drop it off.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 06:55:28 am by Smokey »

Offline Tony_G

• Frequent Contributor
  • Checkout my old test gear channel (link in sig)
    • TGSoapbox
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 01:44:15 am »
Update.

Fast track logistics no bid me. 
UPS store charges 200usd if I can somehow get it to the store.  Talking with seller to see if he will at least drop it off.

My apologies on that, I should have pointed out that Fast Track are a freight broker. They'll handle getting the stuff shipped (e.g. Ohio to Washington State) but packing outside of a few locations is up to you or the seller. I've used them many times to get stuff from place to place but sometimes I have to arrange my own packing. I've always gotten great rates though.

TonyG

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf