Author Topic: Crisis analyst.  (Read 23163 times)

Offline kalel

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Crisis analyst.
« Reply #125 on: August 10, 2017, 05:44:56 pm »
Is a prank call an evidence? Do you want me to tell you about it?
This one was recent.
The purpose of it was to insult.

I should have recorded it, it wouldn't be much but at least something.
BTW in my country it is illegal to record your calls , and almost never usable as evidence in court.

I don't know about your country but in some countries it is legal if you say that you are recording first. Obviously then the person may behave differently.

Offline vlad777Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #126 on: August 10, 2017, 06:18:47 pm »
Yeah how did your phone call play out?

Well I don't believe in nationality , but people here do , and I'm sort of a minority.

Some woman was asking for my aunt but with totally twisted last name and similar first name.
When I corrected her she persisted.
I was not paranoid at the time , I thought it was honest mistake , so I said nobody like that here , bye.

But little things like that happen and add up over time, until I start to suspect.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 06:22:08 pm by vlad777 »
Mind over matter. Pain over mind. Boss over pain.
-------------------------

Offline Pseudobyte

• Frequent Contributor
  • Embedded Systems Engineer / PCB Designer
« Reply #127 on: August 10, 2017, 06:22:34 pm »
Someone mispronounced your name? How is that a prank? You should try being African American in white America.
“They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do”

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #128 on: August 10, 2017, 06:41:58 pm »
Because it happened before on purpose.
At least in white America racism is not a good thing,
here it is unspoken truth that nationalism is a good thing.

For the worst part , since I don't believe in nationality I don't belong to any group.
I just want to be left alone, but you know what they say:
Just because you don't think about politics , it doesn't mean politics does not think about you.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 06:50:53 pm by vlad777 »

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #129 on: August 11, 2017, 01:55:13 am »
My trouble is real, paranoia is just a consequence.
I'm sorry you all think you are doctors.
Gotta find a better forum.

Online schmitt trigger

• Super Contributor
« Reply #130 on: August 11, 2017, 10:11:39 pm »
"Gotta find a better forum"

For an electronics related question, come to an electronics forum.

For a mental health related question, it is best to go to a mental health forum.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #131 on: August 12, 2017, 04:49:25 pm »
Someone mispronounced your name?
In my case it is rare people pronounce and/or write my last name correctly. And there are also people who can't say specific names after repeating many times even if the names are really simple.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #132 on: August 12, 2017, 07:44:47 pm »
My trouble is real, paranoia is just a consequence.
I'm sorry you all think you are doctors.
Gotta find a better forum.
No, we are not doctors. That is why we want you to go to a real doctor. We are not health care professionals, so it is important to go see someone who actually is.

That is the point. Random people on the internet are no doctors. You need a real doctor. An actual doctor can help you and make things better.

The following users thanked this post: MK14

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #133 on: August 12, 2017, 08:29:42 pm »
That is the point. Random people on the internet are no doctors. You need a real doctor. An actual doctor can help you and make things better.
Like doctors are good at analysing problems. Most just follow standard flowcharts. OTOH engineers make their living analysing and solving problems.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Online MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #134 on: August 12, 2017, 08:39:32 pm »
Like doctors are good at analysing problems. Most just follow standard flowcharts. OTOH engineers make their living analysing and solving problems.

That's why whenever I need tricky open heart surgery, or brain surgery. I always go for an Electronics Engineer.

Yet if my TV breaks or I need a 6 layer, very high frequency, PCB board designed in a hurry. I normally always use a Doctor, as they always seem to get the design right in one go.

The following users thanked this post: Pseudobyte

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #135 on: August 12, 2017, 08:41:33 pm »
I'm afraid I must disagree. Biology is a fickle mistress. Without sharp wits and a well calibrated 'wait a minute' organ, a doctor will falter. No two bodies are the same and symptoms tend to overlap and distort each other. Poking around requires a bit more care, too. Meat bags have the disappointing tendency to complain if you poke a bit too hard and to stop complaining, and breathing, if you poke a lot too hard. Very annoying.

We are not even talking about medical researchers.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #136 on: August 12, 2017, 08:46:33 pm »
That's why whenever I need tricky open heart surgery, or brain surgery. I always go for an Electronics Engineer.
Appearantly you have no hands-on experience trying to get a rare problem diagnosed by a doctor otherwise you'd be wiser and not reply with such a stupid remark. I have and after months of fruitless prodding I took matters into my own hand. Got an MRI and told the surgeon: here is the MRI scan, there is the problem so cut there and I'll be OK again.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 08:50:31 pm by nctnico »

Online MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #137 on: August 12, 2017, 08:55:30 pm »
Appearantly you have no hands-on experience trying to get a rare problem diagnosed by a doctor otherwise you'd be wiser and not reply with such a stupid remark. I have and after months of fruitless prodding I took matters into my own hand. Got an MRI and told the surgeon: here is the MRI scan, there is the problem so cut there and I'll be OK again.

Let me try and re-phrase it, with a question.

Someone suddenly becomes extremely seriously ill, and doesn't know why.

Which of the following are your best options (more than one can apply):

(1)...Get them to see Donald Trump, who claims they can cure everything

(2)...Get them to see en Engineer

(3)...See an appropriate Doctor (or medical professional)

I suggest the answer would seem to be (3).
(2) might be able to help you (e.g. they could search out the symptoms on the internet). But the thing is that their (likely) inexperience with medical matters, might lead to the wrong diagnosis. Which could seriously harm the patient.

EDIT:
As regards the MRI part of your reply.
Yes there are (probably) rare exceptions. But, nevertheless, seeing Doctors, is still the best initial (and usually later) thing to do. When someone becomes ill.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 09:01:58 pm by MK14 »

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #138 on: August 12, 2017, 09:01:58 pm »
I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but you have to admit that this is not the way things generally are. If anything, it confirms how hard the medical profession can sometimes be. And yes, mistakes are made. Stupid mistakes too, though luckily those are exceedingly rare. That happens in engineering quite a lot, but in that case, there is no patient to complain about it. No one will claim health care is perfect, but even in only moderately developed countries, seeing one is better than not, if something is awry.

Of course, getting an MRI scan also involves various health care professionals, so it seems those were able to help you.

Online MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #139 on: August 13, 2017, 02:45:19 am »

Sorry, if my initial, generally sarcastic response(s), might have been upsetting to you.

Often/usually, seeing Doctors and/or other medical professionals, is the best/wisest thing to do. But there can be the odd, rare exception now and then. Which is what you seem to have experienced.

As with other professions, Doctors aren't really megagods, who always get things right first time. Some illnesses are extremely complicated.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #140 on: August 13, 2017, 08:10:09 am »

Sorry, if my initial, generally sarcastic response(s), might have been upsetting to you.

Often/usually, seeing Doctors and/or other medical professionals, is the best/wisest thing to do. But there can be the odd, rare exception now and then. Which is what you seem to have experienced.

As with other professions, Doctors aren't really megagods, who always get things right first time. Some illnesses are extremely complicated.
You start to get my point. Doctors know an awfull lot about the human body and know how it is constructed -don't get me wrong here-. The problem however is that that doesn't mean they are per definition good at fault finding. As long as your problem is common most (any) doctor will be able to diagnose your problem properly just like a car mechanic can change a flat tire or a battery based on well known symptoms.

Back on topic: what I'm saying is that Vlad777 could use some advice from other people in order to find someone who can drill down to his actual problem.

The following users thanked this post: MK14

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #141 on: August 21, 2017, 04:27:27 am »

1:10

HIT

(funny this guy among other things IS a clinical psychologist)

-----------
from another video, same guy :

... maybe yes maybe no , but it is another tool in your analytical armament...

This refers to examples I was asking for, thank you.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 04:34:45 am by vlad777 »

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #142 on: August 21, 2017, 04:12:16 pm »

1:10

HIT

(funny this guy among other things IS a clinical psychologist)

-----------
from another video, same guy :

... maybe yes maybe no , but it is another tool in your analytical armament...

This refers to examples I was asking for, thank you.
Do note that regardless of the cause, this man also says that a doctor can help you put things back together.

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #143 on: August 21, 2017, 05:05:09 pm »
A while ago I got extremely sick and I became convinced something was making me ill in my apartment. I wrote long lists of things that had changed. Its a long story but it turned out to be really toxic mold, around the 60th most toxic thing known to mankind.

Without the test results from the labs we hired, I would not have had any proof of what happened to me or why.

And it wasn't easy or cheap figuring it out. It wasn't immediately obvious because it didn't smell until the end. (and then I lost my sense of smell.- one of the things that happened to me.)

Trust what your eyes, ears and body tells you, was the lesson I took away from that experience.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 05:37:37 pm by cdev »
"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #144 on: August 21, 2017, 06:21:19 pm »
A while ago I got extremely sick and I became convinced something was making me ill in my apartment. I wrote long lists of things that had changed. Its a long story but it turned out to be really toxic mold, around the 60th most toxic thing known to mankind.

Without the test results from the labs we hired, I would not have had any proof of what happened to me or why.

And it wasn't easy or cheap figuring it out. It wasn't immediately obvious because it didn't smell until the end. (and then I lost my sense of smell.- one of the things that happened to me.)

Trust what your eyes, ears and body tells you, was the lesson I took away from that experience.
I have to respectfully disagree with that. Our bodies, and especially brains, are highly adept at deceiving us. Our brains are incredibly powerful and flexible organs, but unfortunately that means it can be a formidably enemy as much as it can be our friend. When it does turn on you, your best tool to save yourself is compromised.

In your case it turns out your perception was accurate, but in many other cases people firmly believe in what turns out to be fully untrue.

The following users thanked this post: kony, Pseudobyte

Offline TerraHertz

• Super Contributor
  • Why shouldn't we question everything?
    • It's not really a Blog
« Reply #145 on: August 21, 2017, 06:54:12 pm »
On the other hand, I've had the experience of  series of medical professionals looking at CT and MRI scans and writing in the reports that everything is normal. Then I look at the images myself, and see that it doesn't look normal. (Thanks to some things supposed to be duplicated left and right, but not so in these images.) So had to actually go overseas to find an honest radiologist who would admit (in writing) that it was in fact not normal. Long story short, turns out the first lot were actually flat out lying to protect a colleague, who is soon to be in deep legal shit.

So yeah, at least trust your own senses enough to get an independent expert opinion. And also be prepared for circumstances where a bunch of supposedly neutral experts really are colluding and lying. It may be rare, but it does happen.
Collecting old scopes, logic analyzers, and unfinished projects. http://everist.org

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #146 on: August 21, 2017, 11:32:25 pm »
On the other hand, I've had the experience of  series of medical professionals looking at CT and MRI scans and writing in the reports that everything is normal. Then I look at the images myself, and see that it doesn't look normal. (Thanks to some things supposed to be duplicated left and right, but not so in these images.) So had to actually go overseas to find an honest radiologist who would admit (in writing) that it was in fact not normal. Long story short, turns out the first lot were actually flat out lying to protect a colleague, who is soon to be in deep legal shit.

So yeah, at least trust your own senses enough to get an independent expert opinion. And also be prepared for circumstances where a bunch of supposedly neutral experts really are colluding and lying. It may be rare, but it does happen.

Yes , they cover for each other , and have code of conduct that disregards patients.

Some time ago a doctor has been giving me a med that is suppose to be addictive (I didn't even feel anything).
Then he says he is going to vacation and also wants to cut me off the med.
He asks , should it stop abruptly or should he reduce the dose in small steps.
Well is it up to me? Logical for me was to go for small steps.

He says no he can't do that because he would have to write to replacement doctor portion of the med timetable document.
It is not wrong, he would just be interfering with "his territory" or something like that.

So patient welfare is secondary to their internal ass kissing each other.

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #147 on: August 21, 2017, 11:48:41 pm »
You're right in that if I hadn't already had experience researching health issues I probably never would have figured it out.

Also our local lab (the best lab in the Bay Area) and the university lab we were working with, (pretty much the best lab in the world for that particular issue) had really amazing people who really went out of their way to help us out.

They did a lot of work, work we never could have afforded to ask them to do, because it adds up very quickly, for free.

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #148 on: August 22, 2017, 12:00:39 am »
TerraHertz,

The situation you describe is extremely common and the phenomenon of wildly different quality levels for healthcare is getting worse and worse rapidly all around the world.

The day when people can do what you did and step outside your usual hierarchy of health care providers and bureaucracy may be ending because all sorts of international deals are being made that propose to bring the international providers into the system as the default healthcare for lower income people, but in such a way that they don't get rich people's health care, which, as you point out, causes problems for them.

There is one huge provider in the US that really delivers absolutely horrible care in some cases, and they are pushing that model hoping to export it to other countries.

It involves doctors in a criminal care denial racket. "Risk sharing" they call it.

Don't get me started.

Quote from: TerraHertz on Today at 12:54:12

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #149 on: August 22, 2017, 12:12:32 am »
Many radiologists contract out their work to overseas radiologists who look at the imaging - Their daytime is our nighttime so the diagnoses can be ready the next day.

Whether the quality is worse or better or the same probably has nothing to do with the country as much as the tier of care the patient is at. Issues that are flagged as issues of concern for some patients are not for other patients because of "bad insurance itis".

This is why we really have only one choice to stop a race to the bottom on healthcare for most people, instituting a healthcare system that tries to give everybody top quality healthcare and standardizes on that. That way the care rich people receive is the same as the care everybody else receives. Thats essential because they pull the rest of the system up. Also, they cant "disinvest' in society so they can then claim that only thing keeping the economy going is health care. (as is happening now) That's a recipe for disaster.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf