Author Topic: Data sheets for card reader controllers  (Read 1371 times)

Offline albert9191Topic starter

Data sheets for card reader controllers
« on: January 14, 2019, 07:40:11 pm »
Hey, I inserted a SD card into HP Pavilion 15 card reader, and my laptop shut down. I turned it back on and everything works fine, but the SD card and the card reader aren’t showing up in the Device Manager panel.
I was in a rush and I needed the info on the memory card so I inserted the card into my friends’ laptop (HP Probook 450), and the same exact thing happened, the laptop automatically shut down and now the other computer also isn’t recognizing the memory card and the card reader.
I think the SD card might be causing a short in the laptops, and I want to test out a few things to see if the problem is in the motherboard, the card reader or the card reader controller.

If anyone has the datasheets of the card reader controllers that would be really helpful! Does anyone know where can I find them?

The Pavilion 15 card reader controller is Alcor’s AK6485RB63-GLF-GR, the card reader controller on the second computer is Realtek RT5237S.
Thanks in advance :)

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
Re: Data sheets for card reader controllers
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 04:15:13 am »
That does sound like a short --- have you checked across the pins of the SD card with a multimeter?

It might be better to find the schematics for the laptops.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf