Author Topic: Datasheet Pirates. Is there any way to stop these fools?  (Read 33170 times)

Offline Time

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Datasheet Pirates. Is there any way to stop these fools?
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2011, 11:39:30 pm »
well I no longer care about this thread if its not about trying to push his buttons while staying polite :)
-Time

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2011, 12:18:42 am »
Do me a favour please - ban me

Wish granted.

Dave.

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2011, 06:49:46 am »

Wish granted.

Dave.

And may we all rest in peace !

Offline philbx1Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2011, 10:30:53 am »
Wish granted.
Dave.

Thanks much Dave.

Seems I started a topic with a title I thought was a fair comment on the state of
search engine Datasheet 'pirating'.
Unfortunately I didn't hire a team of consultants to check the ramifications of
possibly wrong wording :)

Thanks also to most of you fine people also who have replied, and I really appreciate and take note
of your excellent input.

I just hope it's all water (or trolls) under the bridge for now...

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2011, 12:35:44 pm »
well I no longer care about this thread if its not about trying to push his buttons while staying polite :)

Well it was going to happen sooner or later but I don't beleive in proking people for fun

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2011, 06:38:30 pm »
glossywhite can't help being the way he is. He has Asperger's syndrome which basically he means he has poor social and organisational skills and but otherwise average or above mental abilities. Simon and I know someone like this in real life.

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2011, 06:49:04 pm »
I didn't know he had aspergers although we still have to draw the line somewhere. Regardless of what "problems" he may have he also brought nastiness with him which had it's last manifestation in the form of posting spam. We can't have that, many asperges sufurers learn to deal with everyday life although it is a much harder struggle than a normal person would have. I'm afraid life is hard, nothing we can do about it.

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2011, 07:02:07 pm »
I agree.

He's also from Northamptonshire, maybe we could do some match making lol.

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2011, 07:08:49 pm »
hm might not end well. At the moment she has "boyfriends" from school who don't seem to last long. More of a "lets be on facebook every moment we are not at school"  ;)

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2011, 10:33:09 pm »
glossywhite can't help being the way he is. He has Asperger's syndrome which basically he means he has poor social and organisational skills and but otherwise average or above mental abilities. Simon and I know someone like this in real life.

Wow, way to go pigeonholing this guy!!  :o

I take it that you know him personally? I mean, well enough to make such brave judgements on his character? His social skills don't necessarily have to match the pre-defined stereotype - that's just ludicrous! I know a guy with Aspergers (he has it VERY mildly - you don't even know to what level glossywhite has it; people call it a disability... but I'd rather say it was more of an enhanced ABility++ in most cases). The guy I know can just walk up to a girl, talk to her as an equal, without any fear, and put her at immediate ease without flinching. He also doesn't see the malice or competitive nature usually dominant within us blokes, and seems to make friends without a second thought; I can't say I know many people who are as charming and relaxing to be around.

Sorry to butt in, but to see a bunch of guys who it is very unlikely actually know one another well enough to make such rash judgements makes me pretty irritated!

To be fair you have not been around to "suffer" his "attitude". As far as I'm concerned asperges or not he was just out for trouble. I'm not prejudiced against anyone. As it happens the perason I know with asperges i go out of my way to ensure she takes part like anyone else in the social club we are both members in so don't tell me what I'm doing right or wrong mate !

Offline PeterG

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2011, 11:16:21 pm »
Regardless of glossy having an mental illness or not, he still did what he did and something had to be done.
I find myself asking 'does glossy actually have aspergers or is he saying this to excuse his actions on this forum. I have not met glossy in person so i cant say either way for sure. I have met enough false people hiding behind keyboard in chatrooms to know not to believe everything you read in such room/forums.

Regards
Testing one two three...

Offline PeterG

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2011, 11:57:08 pm »
OK, i will drop this rather tired topic.

Regards
Testing one two three...

Offline the_raptor

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #87 on: March 16, 2011, 04:17:56 am »
You cannot possibly judge someone as a person, by how they behave online. Look at how people behave on Facebook and the suchlike - often the person would never ever behave like that in person! Just because gw was a pain in the arse, doesn't mean he is "X, Y and therefore Z" - personalities aren't that simple to describe in the real, physical presence of a person, let alone from text-based comments on a web forum - preposterous stereotyping!

You certainly can judge someone as a person from how they behave online. How people behave online shows how they would behave with little to no social regulation, and what they actually think. That they don't act like that openly face-to-face is of no consequence. Plenty of assholes and psychopaths are nice as can be face-to-face, their real personality comes out when no one is watching. If you make friends with such people you will eventually get burned by their real personalities.

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #88 on: March 16, 2011, 06:57:04 am »

Wow, way to go pigeonholing this guy!!  :o

I take it that you know him personally? I mean, well enough to make such brave judgements on his character? His social skills don't necessarily have to match the pre-defined stereotype - that's just ludicrous! I know a guy with Aspergers (he has it VERY mildly - you don't even know to what level glossywhite has it; people call it a disability... but I'd rather say it was more of an enhanced ABility++ in most cases). The guy I know can just walk up to a girl, talk to her as an equal, without any fear, and put her at immediate ease without flinching. He also doesn't see the malice or competitive nature usually dominant within us blokes, and seems to make friends without a second thought; I can't say I know many people who are as charming and relaxing to be around.

Sorry to butt in, but to see a bunch of guys who it is very unlikely actually know one another well enough to make such rash judgements makes me pretty irritated!

To be fair you have not been around to "suffer" his "attitude". As far as I'm concerned asperges or not he was just out for trouble. I'm not prejudiced against anyone. As it happens the perason I know with asperges i go out of my way to ensure she takes part like anyone else in the social club we are both members in so don't tell me what I'm doing right or wrong mate !

You cannot possibly judge someone as a person, by how they behave online. Look at how people behave on Facebook and the suchlike - often the person would never ever behave like that in person! Just because gw was a pain in the arse, doesn't mean he is "X, Y and therefore Z" - personalities aren't that simple to describe in the real, physical presence of a person, let alone from text-based comments on a web forum - preposterous stereotyping!

Who are ANY of us to say that, because he has asperger's, he therefore fits the convenient "template" for that condition? Regardless of remarks and his stupid (and rude) comments, you don't know the guy, and you can argue against this until you are blue in the face, but you'll still never know anything about how he behaves in person. You may well know someone with aspergers - need I remind you that ALL human beings are different? There is not an "aspergers type", any more than there is a "Northamptonshire type". I happen to know a few people from the Kettering and Wellingborough area (Well, more like 15 people) and they are generally pleasant enough, but then lack the common courtesies and social etiquette that any sane, balanced human being would be expected to exhibit. The point I am getting at here is that I can see that you are from Northants, but how dare I judge you personally, according to this same category of "Northants type" that I have stored mentally, as tempting as it may be, as you are likely a lovely guy and totally individual.

It is easy to form stereotypes - small town mentality is what I put it down to, but it is just laughable to form concrete opinions on someone from your extremely limited exposure to them... online. I hope you don't take offence to my "small town mentality" comment, but that is how I have found the people I know in Northants to behave, and it is actually pretty childlike, whether based on their limited exposure to life outside their community or county, or just undeveloped personalities which still retain aspects of them as children, which, due to aforementioned limited exposure to the quote "real world at large", have been stifled, ergo they have had no chance to properly develop.

I notice my previous paragraph may have formed a few strains of ignorance and selective aspect stereotyping... it was actually unintentional, BUT convenient for the purpose of demonstrating to you just HOW ridiculous and borderline bigoted it can be to pre-judge, especially when you have never spent even half an hour face to face.

Thank you for listening - I think you're a great guy, maybe a little jaded by gw's outbursts, and that is why you're still sore from his impact on the people here.

This is an online community and therefore we can only take what is presented online and for the purrpose of keeping this a nice place to use that's what matters here. Regardless of his attitude in real life he has no right to unsettle the forum like he was and if he brings a different attitude here that is how he will be judged. As i said he was banned for posting spam and before that had always been over touchy and rowed with people just because they held a view he did not.

You say I have a small town mentality ? well matee your operating the same prejudice you acuse me and others of. I've spent half my life in the UK and half living abroad so I've had the chance to see two societies with an outside perspective and have had to handle a lot of different people, infact since understanding about apserges I had a half suspicion I am/was borderline myself and may have never been diagnosed although recognise in myself some of the aspectrs of my friends behaviour although on a much lesser scale. I am also very opinionated sometimes but then I've learnt to respect others views and debate things withhout letting my own feelings get in the way. Why do you just pop up out of nowhere and intervene into something that is not your business but of course - let me guess, you are Glossywhite
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 07:49:45 am by Simon »

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #89 on: March 16, 2011, 07:45:18 am »
from my limited experience. how people behave online, is partly of what they are in real life. how stubborn you hold your opinion in the net, thats the same thing how stubborn you are in the real life. the only difference is that, in internet, we can argue as we like no matter how punny we are and not being afraid being beaten by a big guy, or at least we are not in any way got relation with the guy in real life. but it will different in real life, this type argument may sometime end up in blood on the floor, or blue and sweell mark on the face, or at least lost an already good relationship. hence in real life, we tend to be silent more compared to in the forum, just to hold the good relationship. i was thinking if its possible to make an eevblog gathering, (but i guess thats far from possibilty) which we can see how sweet everybody's smile. i only can put it up on the smiley. Cheers ;)

as for glossy is concerned, i think there is workaround for him, thats why i keep provoking him in different way to see how he react, and to understand him much more how to trigger or not his button, and at least somehow try to teach him... in this very limited space of internet forum. but its too late i think, as he crossed the line already (spam).
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 07:50:04 am by Mechatrommer »
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #90 on: March 16, 2011, 07:54:07 am »
well for that reason forums have to have moderators, people are a little less controlled on the net, they can walk away from it and pretend it never happeded any day. No I don't think a forum gathering would quite work as we are all over the world.

As Hero mentioned and I have alluded to in other threads we know each other personally and there may well be others on here who know each other in real life. on "that other forum" there is a guy that I met in real life who lives closer to me than Hero, don't know if he is on here.

Offline Time

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #91 on: March 16, 2011, 03:29:18 pm »
social disability and empathy problems are a symptom of asperger's not a stereotype.
-Time

Offline the_raptor

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #92 on: March 16, 2011, 04:25:54 pm »
Drop it and move on

Say's the mysterious newbie whose every post has been on this subject.

I wonder if you were smart enough to post behind a proxy on this account.

P.S. Step up your game. You can't just pull a 0 post sock puppet out and expect it to be taken seriously.

Offline Time

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #93 on: March 16, 2011, 04:28:02 pm »

I think the conversation was over up until this point.

Why would a random person have such strong convictions towards this situation? Unless of course you are....
-Time

Offline the_raptor

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #94 on: March 16, 2011, 04:53:32 pm »
Egotistical busybodies. Get over your temptaion to judge others, and get on with your lives.

The ironicals is deliciousness.

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #95 on: March 16, 2011, 05:26:29 pm »
Well maybe it is time to bring this to a close. I will lock this thread now as i think we have evaluated all angles neccesary.

Gossywhite / Wintendo. Your welcome to stay under your current username providing of course you stick to the rules and don't insult people.

It also goes without saying that provocatrions of any member by any member will not be tollerated (I've already removed one in another thread), the rules apply to all.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 05:29:00 pm by Simon »

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2011, 09:29:39 pm »
Wintendo IS Glossywhite
Glossywhite ASKED to be banned and then spammed the board to get that action taken upon him, and now he's created another account Wintendo pretending to be someone else, this simply will not be tolerated.
His IP address is now blocked.

Dave.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf