Author Topic: Dave Needs Help To Stay On WIKI - A General Call For Help  (Read 40441 times)

Offline jancumps

• Supporter
  • New Low
Re: Dave Needs Help To Stay On WIKI - A General Call For Help
« Reply #100 on: November 20, 2015, 11:40:17 am »
Have you checked the dispute page I've linked above?
He isn't disclosing there that he's banned from the forum and that he's tried to take it down multiple times. He's trying to sound like he's unbiased.

Online EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #101 on: November 20, 2015, 11:59:52 am »
The question is : Are you an enough brave and strong enough fighter for this war?

There is no war, just another pathetic loser who can't let something go. The internet is filled with them.

Online EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #102 on: November 20, 2015, 12:08:24 pm »
They've even accused one editor of being YOU.

Idiots. I couldn't care less about editing my own page.
And I suck at Wiki-speak, so bad that most of my Wiki contributions are photos.

Online EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #103 on: November 20, 2015, 12:24:07 pm »
He isn't disclosing there that he's banned from the forum and that he's tried to take it down multiple times. He's trying to sound like he's unbiased.

That's his trick, and why he avoided being banned on this forum for so long.
He's also attacking another channel who mentioned me. Go have a look at Karl's State of Electronics videos, he's spammed that channel and trying to force Karl to edit his videos to remove me. A truly sad individual.
A simple google search reveals who he is.

Offline John Coloccia

• Super Contributor
« Reply #104 on: November 20, 2015, 12:32:17 pm »
I wonder if one of our resident editors should out him. That would certainly blow things up, wouldn't it?  :-DD

Offline jancumps

• Supporter
  • New Low
« Reply #105 on: November 20, 2015, 01:38:37 pm »
I wonder if one of our resident editors should out him. That would certainly blow things up, wouldn't it?  :-DD
Per WikiPedia policy, you are not allowed to reveal any details on editors.

Offline John Coloccia

• Super Contributor
« Reply #106 on: November 20, 2015, 01:50:10 pm »
Per WikiPedia policy, you are not allowed to reveal any details on editors.

Well, he IS accusing one of the editors of being Dave. That would seem to violate the policy then, wouldn't it? It seems pretty relevant to me that he's a banned member that continues to vandalize EEVBlog. Anyhow, I wouldn't dare say anything because I don't know the rules and don't participate in Wikipedia, but it does seem relevant.

Online EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #107 on: November 20, 2015, 01:56:52 pm »
Well, he IS accusing one of the editors of being Dave.

Where does he claim this?

Offline timofonic

• Frequent Contributor
  • Eternal Wannabe Geek
« Reply #108 on: November 20, 2015, 02:01:05 pm »
The question is : Are you an enough brave and strong enough fighter for this war?

There is no war, just another pathetic loser who can't let something go. The internet is filled with them.
I believe he has an agenda, but maybe this is a paranoid idea [emoji1]

Offline jancumps

• Supporter
  • New Low
« Reply #109 on: November 20, 2015, 02:06:35 pm »

The rules about editing your own biographical entry, or encouraging others to do it for you, are quite clear

Offline John Coloccia

• Super Contributor
« Reply #110 on: November 20, 2015, 02:18:49 pm »

On the talk page for the article. I just happened to notice it this morning browsing through the latest nonsense.

As usual, this new section is just an advert for Jones, promoting him without justification. I'll tag it in the morning. Tsavage, are you actually Jones? Your writing style is somewhat similar, and you seem hell bent on promoting him/yourself

I tend to agree with you that a Wiki page at this point is pretty irrelevant. What's the value of one stupid page when you have a big website, lots of You Tube followers, and a popular forum? I just kind of feel like if there's going to be one, though, it should at least be done right, not by Ronz and that other clown.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 02:22:45 pm by John Coloccia »

Online EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #111 on: November 20, 2015, 02:27:20 pm »
As usual, this new section is just an advert for Jones, promoting him without justification. I'll tag it in the morning. Tsavage, are you actually Jones? Your writing style is somewhat similar, and you seem hell bent on promoting him/yourself
[/quote]

He's the one who does the impersonating. I just caught him with yet another sock puppet account on the forum, trying to weasel his way back in so he can slowly and methodically attack from the inside. Pathetic. He really needs to seek professional help.

I have never edited my Wiki page and have no desire to. I don't even look at it, except out of morbid curiosity about what's happening with all these attacks on it.

Online EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #112 on: November 20, 2015, 02:32:17 pm »
I tend to agree with you that a Wiki page at this point is pretty irrelevant. What's the value of one stupid page when you have a big website, lots of You Tube followers, and a popular forum? I just kind of feel like if there's going to be one, though, it should at least be done right, not by Ronz and that other clown.

Yes, I don't care either way, the page is irrelevant to me and my blog. But if there is a Wiki page (and it's survived two deletion requests (one buy our resident nutter)) then it should have as much detail as people see fit to add, subject to the referencing guidelines etc.

Offline daqq

• Super Contributor
    • My site
« Reply #113 on: November 20, 2015, 03:01:18 pm »
Believe it or not, pointy haired people do exist!
+++Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Offline Towger

• Super Contributor
« Reply #114 on: November 20, 2015, 03:41:40 pm »
Todays and yesterdays dilbert seem really apt:

Scott Ddams must be following our Dick Head problems  :popcorn:

Offline RickBrant

• Supporter
« Reply #115 on: November 21, 2015, 12:16:55 am »
Both Tsavage and jeh have been "accused" of being Dave at the article talk page. Tsavage  here by User:???, and jeh here by an IP from Panama with no prior edit history at WP.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 12:22:43 am by RickBrant »
"banging meter needles into stop pins since 1965"

Online EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #116 on: November 21, 2015, 02:19:48 am »
Both Tsavage and jeh have been "accused" of being Dave at the article talk page.

:-DD
Just look at the extensive Wiki history of the two, yeah, obviously me!  ::)
 :palm:

Offline tekbasse

• Contributor
    • linkedin profile
« Reply #117 on: November 21, 2015, 04:35:07 am »
Whoever edits DLJ's wikipedia entry should consider modeling after another internet personality, such as: "Gary Vee", a strong internet promoter. He hasn't been flagged and uses his personality as part of his promotion. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Vaynerchuk

This thread is testimony that wikipedia is important for some EEVblog/forum members; Anyone actively improving the overall wikipedia knowledge base will have more clout with issues.

By generating value for wikipedia, EEVBlog can't lose even if the page is temporarily lost. Help link external references in general electronics entries, especially for cases where electronics entries are flagged for inadequate references etc. There's a bunch of them.  This forum is a good source for finding appropriate references. References don't have to point to EEVblog. Just point to EEVblog resources when most relevant or other credible resources are lacking.

Offline John Coloccia

• Super Contributor
« Reply #118 on: November 22, 2015, 03:14:43 am »
If it were me, I might consider making an account for myself and DEMAND they delete the page immediately. It's win-win. If they delete it, you can claim that you forced them to delete it because you think their process is arbitrary and crappy. Stick it to the man! If they refuse, you can claim that you asked them to delete it, but they thought you were so important and influential that they simply outright refused.

Offline Howardlong

• Super Contributor
« Reply #119 on: November 22, 2015, 06:02:42 pm »
Both Tsavage and jeh have been "accused" of being Dave at the article talk page. Tsavage  here by User:???, and jeh here by an IP from Panama with no prior edit history at WP.

Wow, creepy to say the least. Kinda worrying I ever engaged with the guy, you never know what he might do, he clearly has way too much time on his hands.

If nothing else, surely your page becomes notable just from the sheer volume in the wiki pissing competition on the wiki Dispute Resolution Noticeboard and the page itself? Irrespective, his modus operandi has always been to provoke endless circular discussions with no end in sight. Maybe he'll get banned from Wikipedia too. It'll be interesting to see how they deal with a gazillion DMCA notices from him when he finally pisses everyone off there too.

I see that he's now pointing those that are bothered in Wikipedia to this very thread.

It made me laugh, when he says "I'm not entirely sure who they are talking about", but for the avoidance of doubt, for when anyone pops over from Wikipedia, it's the writer of the statement, but then he knew that all along.

He's what I call a millennium victim: the one in a thousand who requires a thousand times more effort and attention than all the other 999 other individuals put together. To describe him as tiresomely vexatious would be an understatement, and I do fear for his health in this respect. He seriously needs to move on and find something creative to do that adds value rather than being so net negative.

Offline Richard Crowley

• Super Contributor
  • KJ7YLK
« Reply #120 on: November 22, 2015, 06:22:31 pm »
Additional: Now I'm very concerned about any kind of RfC because of this: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/dave-needs-help-to-stay-on-wiki-a-general-call-for-help

This is EXACTLY why I said previously:
The very existence of this thread is enough to kill the page.  The best thing Dave could do is delete this entire thread and discourage any subsequent discussion of WP.

This has turned into a stupid pissing contest. It is unfortunate that Dave and EEVblog is an innocent victim (IMHO) in the juvenile schoolyard skirmish.

Offline John Coloccia

• Super Contributor
« Reply #121 on: November 22, 2015, 08:59:52 pm »
If this thread affects anything over there, then Wikipedia has truly outlived its usefullness.

Offline timofonic

• Frequent Contributor
  • Eternal Wannabe Geek
« Reply #122 on: November 23, 2015, 09:22:47 pm »
Wikipedia goes Brazil...
(Yes, I linked to Wipedia!)

Online EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #123 on: December 26, 2015, 11:16:50 am »
It was just pointed out to me that me Talk Page has over 50,000 words.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_L._Jones
Almost 5 times more than Donald Trumps, one of the most talked about and divisive persons on the planet!  :o
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Donald_Trump

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #124 on: December 26, 2015, 11:39:31 am »
Noone said MJHC can't type drivel at 100WPM, 24 hours of the day.

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf