Author Topic: Raspberry Pi / CE marking in europe  (Read 12222 times)

Offline westfw

• Super Contributor
Re: Raspberry Pi / CE marking in europe
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2012, 07:02:42 am »
Ah.  I don't remember hearing that there ever WAS to be a cased version (but I wasn't paying too much attention, either.)  (the blog is a bit ambiguous on the matter.  It's clear that there is now supposed to be a case for the "educational" version, that "doesn't add much to the end user price", but it's not clear when that was decided.  There's a lot of earlier talk on user-designed cases.)

Offline Bored@Work

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2012, 08:23:02 am »
(the blog is a bit ambiguous on the matter.  It's clear that there is now supposed to be a case for the "educational" version, that "doesn't add much to the end user price", but it's not clear when that was decided.  There's a lot of earlier talk on user-designed cases.)

The blog is not clear on many things. When I heard about the board a year or so back it was just that, a board. To go into the hands of kids, so they can learn programming like it used to be "in the good old days". Yeah, well.

Omitting the case or just putting a board between two pieces of acrylic sheet has become kind of standard for pathetic manufacturers, and strangely enough is a "feature" the maker crowd loves. Even more when the pathetic manufacturer forgot to place mounting holes. That gives extra high-fives all around in the maker crowd.
I delete PMs unread. If you have something to say, say it in public.
For all else: Profile->[Modify Profile]Buddies/Ignore List->Edit Ignore List

Offline slateraptor

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2012, 08:31:34 am »
Even more when the pathetic manufacturer forgot to place mounting holes. That gives extra high-fives all around in the maker crowd.

LMFAO!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf