Author Topic: driver for camera  (Read 2855 times)

Offline sony mavicaTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
driver for camera
« on: July 25, 2016, 02:07:20 am »
hi my mate gave me this camera today http://winaittechnologies.sell.everychina.com/p-96319842-winait-s-mini-pen-type-100k-pixels-digital-cameras-24-bit-jpeg-file-format.html but im having trouble finding the driver for it can anybody help?

i think the camera is too old for windows 7 drivers but i do have an xp laptop if there are drivers for xp
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 02:49:54 am by sony mavica »
MORE POWER!

Offline bktemp

• Super Contributor
Re: driver for camera
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 06:45:06 am »
I had a similar looking camera many years ago. It used an STV0680 chipset.
You also need the software for downloading the images.

The following users thanked this post: sony mavica

Offline XOIIO

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 07:22:29 am »
Damn, it's been a long time since I've seen something that wasn't rated in megapixels, even if it;s .2 or .3 lol

The following users thanked this post: sony mavica, Kilrah

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 08:51:18 am »
Have you tried searching for the Device Vendor and Device ID values (you should be able to view these in device manager). It's not uncommon for these cheap Chinese devices to be called all sorts of things.

The following users thanked this post: sony mavica

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 02:18:13 am »
Have you tried searching for the Device Vendor and Device ID values (you should be able to view these in device manager). It's not uncommon for these cheap Chinese devices to be called all sorts of things.

thanks i was able to find it once i looked up the Device ID values thx
MORE POWER!

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 02:24:25 am »
took a test photo with it yesterday rez is low but photos look ok at such a low rez 352x288 HQ but would never use LQ as its only 176x144

so i will probably just use this camera to take random photos or if im just mucking around
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 02:26:16 am by sony mavica »
MORE POWER!

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 09:32:45 am »
I'm glad you were able to get that working. Although I'm not sure what you would use it for? The image quality is pretty awful. Even the camera in my old Nokia 6230 had a resolution of 1280x1024 and that phone is now 12+ years old. This camera you're using also seems to suffer from "cheap image sensor" issues (probably not surprisingly) like the Apple iPhone did, where you'd get a green or purple blob in the middle of the image in high brightness scenes.

Offline Kilrah

• Supporter
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2016, 11:06:45 am »
That was about the standard "early cheapo digital camera platform" in early 2000s. My first digital camera was similar albeit in 640x480 and with a color LCD (playback only) back in 2002 (Konica eMini D, http://www.imaging-resource.com/EVENTS/PMAS01/982704202.html, received for birthday)

Used it probably for one year, by then people were already getting rid and giving away much better stuff so it was completely obsolete, got a 2MP HP for free from someone (which was also pretty shitty, but still a lot less so).
Bought my first own digital camera in 2004, a nice 4MP Minolta Dimage G400 that was pretty cheap but trumped many of the others that were fully engaged in the stupid MP race that was all the rage back then.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 11:08:28 am by Kilrah »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf