Author Topic: Ebay seller review - Is yours on this list? And how long to wait for an order  (Read 6309 times)

Offline ez24Topic starter

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
From another post

http://www.sciencetronics.com/greenphotons/?page_id=855

And is 30 days too long to wait or should I wait longer?

thanks

Edit - credit :

FWIW: Ebay buying experience and ratings list by GreenPhotons keeps getting better:
http://www.sciencetronics.com/greenphotons/?page_id=855
It's a linked list of sellers. Think of it as "the good, the bad, and the ugly" list  :-+
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 04:55:28 am by ez24 »
YouTube and Website Electronic Resources ------>  https://www.eevblog.com/forum/other-blog-specific/a/msg1341166/#msg1341166

Offline retiredcaps

• Super Contributor
30 days is nothing coming from China.  On ebay, I usually wait 40 days before thinking about opening a case and/or contacting the seller.

On Aliexpress, after an initial good experience last year, the current shipping wait is around 60 days for all my orders in 2016.

In both cases, the seller ships within 24 to 48 hours of my payment, but it just takes a long long time for things to arrive.

PS. In Canada, it looks like Canada Post will go on strike.  I don't think I will notice anything different.

Offline retiredcaps

• Super Contributor
One tip.

When selecting a seller, try to find a seller who is actually based in Hong Kong.  As we all know, Franky, ships his stuff out of Hong Kong and stuff arrives fast.

I try to do the same, but obviously, I'm relying on the seller to accurately and honestly list their location on ebay.

For example, I have ordered stuff from a seller who listed that they were in Hong Kong and when the package finally arrived 60 days later, it was postmarked from Switzerland.

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
On Aliexpress, after an initial good experience last year, the current shipping wait is around 60 days for all my orders in 2016.

I noticed the same thing
YouTube and Website Electronic Resources ------>  https://www.eevblog.com/forum/other-blog-specific/a/msg1341166/#msg1341166

Offline GEuser

• Frequent Contributor
  • Is Leaving
I ordered a thing from the Netherlands (it said in the listing) , it turned up and on the box came from Italy , inside the box was another box which was from turkey , inside that box was from the Netherlands , i liked looking at all those stickers ...
Soon

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
I ordered a thing from the Netherlands (it said in the listing) , it turned up and on the box came from Italy , inside the box was another box which was from turkey , inside that box was from the Netherlands , i liked looking at all those stickers ...
Hope you took pictures, they would be fun to see.

Offline GEuser

• Frequent Contributor
  • Is Leaving

No i did not unfortunately , but all those stickers were good to read especially the shipping line one in Turkey (like real ship as in a boat , a big common one over there , forget name) , anyway that was probably 3 months ago now .
Soon

Offline edy

• Super Contributor
    • DevHackMod Channel
I ordered from China many times and received it within the expected "Shipping Date" range which was always about 15-30 days.

However, I've noticed in the last 2-3 months that things are arriving MUCH SLOWER. I didn't know, so I opened cases for 3 of my orders after they had not arrived 40 days later, and received full refunds....

...ONLY TO RECEIVE THE ITEMS A FEW DAYS LATER!  :palm:

Anyways, not wanting to be a jerk, I paid the sellers again for the items. They are all only a few dollars each.

Now I will be more patient because I know that things are going to be 40-50 days coming from China, not 30 like before.
YouTube: www.devhackmod.com LBRY: https://lbry.tv/@winegaming:b Bandcamp Music Link
"Ye cannae change the laws of physics, captain" - Scotty

Online wraper

• Supporter
For example, I have ordered stuff from a seller who listed that they were in Hong Kong and when the package finally arrived 60 days later, it was postmarked from Switzerland.
It was in Hong Kong or mainland China. The fact it was shipped by Swiss post does not mean it's ever been in Switzerland. Do you really think that anyone would ship from Switzerland while listing it as from Hong Kong :palm:. For example I receive PCBs from Elecrow marked with Douche Post, so do you think they are German made or dispatched from there? :-DD. BTW if declared value will exceed 22 EUR I still will need to pay the taxes. Or I had items sent from China sent by Estonian Post to Latvia, and tracking shows their way to me started from China.

Offline retiredcaps

• Super Contributor
Do you really think that anyone would ship from Switzerland while listing it as from Hong Kong :palm:.
Obviously, I don't have the original packaging envelope now, but that was the only postmark and the date was right after I paid.  So if I paid June 1, the postmark date from Swiss post was June 2.

How people run their dropship business around the world is nothing I care about.

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
Indeed and I'd be very interested which service was used initially.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Online wraper

• Supporter
Do you really think that anyone would ship from Switzerland while listing it as from Hong Kong :palm:.
Obviously, I don't have the original packaging envelope now, but that was the only postmark and the date was right after I paid.  So if I paid June 1, the postmark date from Swiss post was June 2.

How people run their dropship business around the world is nothing I care about.
Obviously you do care as you wrote that with assumption that seller has lied to you about item location. For sure it wasn't Switzerland as it would be insane to do that considering their labor and postage costs.
Example: https://www.fasttech.com/
Registered Airmail
- Shipped via either HK post, SG post, CN (China) post, or CH (Swiss) post. Decided and routed by FastTech

Registered Airmail via China Post
- Shipped only via China Post, unless your order contains batteries (all forms, internal and external) and/or e-liquids, in which case FastTech re-routes your package to HK/SG/CH post.

Registered Airmail via Swiss Post
- Shipped only via Swiss Post.

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
The fact it was shipped by Swiss post does not mean it's ever been in Switzerland.

I also ordered something from China and it was posted in Switzerland.  I do not think they are counterfeiting postal marks.  If I remember right it had a lithium battery in it and that is why I thought they did that.  It was a surprise when I got it.  There might be some sort of assembly going on there to get around postal regulations.

Online wraper

• Supporter
The fact it was shipped by Swiss post does not mean it's ever been in Switzerland.

I also ordered something from China and it was posted in Switzerland.  I do not think they are counterfeiting postal marks.  If I remember right it had a lithium battery in it and that is why I thought they did that.  It was a surprise when I got it.  There might be some sort of assembly going on there to get around postal regulations.
Why would they. The fact is, Swiss post and all other kinds of "name the country" post operate not only within that particular country.
https://www.swisspostsolutions.com/global/locations/en
Office Locations

Present in all important economic regions

Headquartered in Switzerland, SPS has a strong presence across the globe.

We have an active presence or work with partners in the most important economic regions to support our clients locally and enable their international expansion. For more detailed information on our local offices visit our country websites, or contact our local subsidiaries directly using the following information.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 05:20:41 pm by wraper »

Online wraper

• Supporter

Offline chickenHeadKnob

• Super Contributor

I noticed the same thing

I have an aliexpress order coming, my first dealing with them. They claim it was shipped  May 19. The purchase protection payment escrow expires July 18 and I am in Canada. The strike on July 2 appears to be "for reals" so what do you recommend I do? Ask for an extension? Addressed to RetiredCaps or anybody with experience with them.

Thanks

Offline retiredcaps

• Super Contributor
I have an aliexpress order coming, my first dealing with them. They claim it was shipped  May 19. The purchase protection payment escrow expires July 18 and I am in Canada. The strike on July 2 appears to be "for reals" so what do you recommend I do? Ask for an extension? Addressed to RetiredCaps or anybody with experience with them.
It is likely seller shipped as claimed.  I would contact seller and tell them when Canada Post goes on strike that you would like an extension of the protection.

Almost all the sellers I have dealt with in China via ebay/aliexpress are very quick to respond and help.  Just keep your message simple and use common words so there is less chance of miscommunication.  Some may use google translate so use simple common words.

The following users thanked this post: chickenHeadKnob

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
Just keep your message simple and use common words so there is less chance of miscommunication.  Some may use google translate so use simple common words.

And short sentences.  You can translate both ways to check.  You have to use very very simple English for the translator.

Offline batteksystem

• Regular Contributor
    • My ebay store
My aftership show nicely how fast I ship to guys worldwide:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf