Poll

Should Dave enter this & produce a web series?

Yes
56 (77.8%)
No
3 (4.2%)
Meh
13 (18.1%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Author Topic: Engineering Web Series?  (Read 20559 times)

Offline colotron

• Contributor
Re: Engineering Web Series?
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2015, 06:33:59 pm »
What about some bullshit hunting?, I mean, techno bullshit. Solar roadways = 1st program, perpetual motion machines, dodgy crowd funding projects.
I don't think it could be the only topic of the series by itself, but a segment maybe?.
That plus some educational stuff....
Well, I'm not very original :-// , do something like Bill Nye + DeGrasse Tyson (from the electronics-tech side)+ Myth Busters + James Randi....
Oh, another shit idea, you could be the Gordon Ramsay of electronic startups!!!.
I'm so predictable  :palm:

Offline ivan747

• Super Contributor
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2015, 11:29:22 pm »
This can't be my regular technical type videos that appeal to just my regular audience.

Given that then an exposé on the oh so common renewable energy and free energy scams would be brilliant, I just wouldn't limit it to solar roads. You could look into the whole culture of the believers and the scam artists themselves as well as the technical and straight up physics failings.

I also think that you're an outdoorsy type and a fan of renewables done right could help it carry more weight than it "just" been the opinion of engineers etc...

I like this one.......has a BIG audience and does not need overly detailed engineering analysis to present some critical thinking skills needed to debunk eco-energy-scams.

I agree on this one too. And you're good at this. You would benefit from not having to use a whiteboard. The content is already great, but with hood presentation it would be worthy of being even a TV show.

Offline ivan747

• Super Contributor
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2015, 11:32:04 pm »
What about some bullshit hunting?, I mean, techno bullshit. Solar roadways = 1st program, perpetual motion machines, dodgy crowd funding projects.
I don't think it could be the only topic of the series by itself, but a segment maybe?.
That plus some educational stuff....
Well, I'm not very original :-// , do something like Bill Nye + DeGrasse Tyson (from the electronics-tech side)+ Myth Busters + James Randi....
Oh, another shit idea, you could be the Gordon Ramsay of electronic startups!!!.
I'm so predictable  :palm:

tonight on startup nightmares...
'WHYYYYYY! THEY PROBABLY WENT BACK TO THEIR CUBICLES BASHING THEIR HEAD AGAINST THE DESK!'
...dave does a reality check on this new 3D printing company

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf