Author Topic: Epson WP-4530 yellow ink leak  (Read 29351 times)

Online amyk

• Super Contributor
Re: Epson WP-4530 yellow ink leak
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2014, 09:27:09 am »
Because a real diaphragm (or piston with gasket seal) and retainer would be too expensive...

There are conversions around to replace the waste ink pad with an external bottle; you can't get around the waste however as the cleaning process involves sucking ink through the nozzles to unclog them.

Offline GKTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2014, 09:35:07 am »
I think the existing scheme could have been made a lot more durable, and not much more expensive, if there was more plastic for the membrane to be glued down to. The rim of each reservoir is very thin.

I put quite a lot of Araldite around the circumferences of the other membranes, so that should help seal them up.
Bzzzzt. No longer care, over this forum shit.........ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Offline G7PSK

• Super Contributor
  • It is hot until proved not.
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2014, 09:36:54 am »
I read that the Epson printers count characters and after a fixed number tell you the ink is empty,This applies to all characters so if you print nothing but full stops when you achieve the magic number of x thousands the machine stops due to no ink despite the cartridges beefing virtually full still. Reset the chip and you can start printing again, I have never tried printing all full stops but have reset a cartridge and been able to print another 50 plus pages.

Offline GKTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2014, 09:52:17 am »
I don't know what the specifics of this model printer are, but from now on whenever I print I will just make sure that the color option is set to either B&W or grey scale. Hopefully then it will not decrement any counters for the color inks. I'll just have to see how it goes.
Bzzzzt. No longer care, over this forum shit.........ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2014, 11:41:56 am »
Yellow will still be used as it is the colour used for the secret stenographic serial number printed on each page. At least now you have a stealth printer.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf