Author Topic: Feminist Professor Thinks "Rigor" is Evil  (Read 46526 times)

Offline Ferroto

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Feminist Professor Thinks "Rigor" is Evil
« Reply #350 on: March 21, 2018, 01:18:54 am »
Jesus Dave put a trigger warning up before posting feminist rubbish.

Offline Beamin

• Super Contributor
  • If you think my Boobs are big you should see my ba
« Reply #351 on: March 22, 2018, 06:51:20 am »

Not bragging or anything but my $70 month internet is 50mbps up 51mbps down. Or are you being sarcastic?

The water table soon in FL will be +1 sea level. Buy flood insurance if you can. I was going to move to florida but the rigors of having to evacuate when there will be monthly hurricanes will be too much for me.
Max characters: 300; characters remaining: 191
Images in your signature must be no greater than 500x25 pixels

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #352 on: March 22, 2018, 08:23:23 pm »

Not bragging or anything but my $70 month internet is 50mbps up 51mbps down. Or are you being sarcastic?

The water table soon in FL will be +1 sea level. Buy flood insurance if you can. I was going to move to florida but the rigors of having to evacuate when there will be monthly hurricanes will be too much for me.

Also not bragging or anything but my $66 a month internet is 100Mbs down, 11 up, typically at about 115Mb. AND, my company pays $60 of it.  I don't upload anything so who cares what the upload speed is.  Not bragging or anything.

I'm in Florida and the water table is 32 inches in my back yard, or garden if you prefer. 
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #353 on: March 22, 2018, 09:57:30 pm »
Armchair physicist here says they should have built a tunnel :)
Tunnels don't work so well in Florida - the water table is about 3' below the surface in a lot of places.  Sometimes, even higher.

Jon

Also, they would fill up with alligators...
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

Offline EEVblogTopic starter

• Administrator
    • EEVblog

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #355 on: May 15, 2018, 12:11:52 pm »
More:
https://www.city-journal.org/html/how-identity-politics-harming-sciences-15826.html

A piece written by someone from a right wing American think tank, the Manhattan Institute, in the journal of the same. These are the same people behind the now discredited "broken windows" policy of aggressive policing of low level crime. Now why do I think that they might not offer a balanced view?

Online Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #356 on: May 15, 2018, 12:50:24 pm »

Also not bragging or anything but my $66 a month internet is 100Mbs down, 11 up, typically at about 115Mb. AND, my company pays $60 of it.  I don't upload anything so who cares what the upload speed is.  Not bragging or anything.

I'm in Florida and the water table is 32 inches in my back yard, or garden if you prefer.

I am bragging about my $30 a month, 300Mbs symmetrical Internet connection. Fiber all the way to my home router. :P

(and I live about 3m above sea level   :-\)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 03:49:25 pm by Fungus »

Offline Nominal Animal

• Super Contributor
    • My home page and email address
« Reply #357 on: May 15, 2018, 02:18:18 pm »
That would be a perfect username for someone. Jesus Dave. What would Jesus Dave do?

Offline JohnnyMalaria

• Super Contributor
    • Enlighten Scientific LLC
« Reply #358 on: May 15, 2018, 02:50:09 pm »
The US spelling leads to confusion and also aptly describes my reaction to this video:

rig·or
[ˈriɡər]

NOUN (medicine)

a sudden feeling of cold with shivering accompanied by a rise in temperature, often with copious sweating, especially at the onset or height of a fever.

short for rigor mortis.

Online coppice

• Super Contributor
« Reply #359 on: May 15, 2018, 03:02:16 pm »
I am bragging when I say my $30 a month Internet is 300Mbs symmetrical.
$30 is a lot for something so slow. $25 for a full 1Gbps symmetrical seems more reasonable.  :)

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #360 on: May 15, 2018, 04:11:39 pm »
That would be a perfect username for someone. Jesus Dave. What would Jesus Dave do?

Actually called Jesus David, pronounced Hey-zous Daa-vid.

A nice lad, of Spanish-German extraction. Likes long siestas, followed by an evening drinking beer and people watching in a Berlin Dive bar. Not fond of religious discussions as his own name is a Catholic-Lutheran punch-up waiting to happen. Currently getting his snack product, Paella-wurst, ready to take the market by storm and replace the Curry-wurst overnight. Became interested in electronics when he started designing a robotic Paella-wurst vending machine. Has the dubious distinction of having once accidentally deep fried an Arduino during trials of his machine.

Offline Nominal Animal

• Super Contributor
« Reply #361 on: May 15, 2018, 04:13:18 pm »

A nice lad, of Spanish-German extraction. Likes long siestas, followed by an evening drinking beer and people watching in a Berlin Dive bar. Not fond of religious discussions as his own name is a Catholic-Lutheran punch-up waiting to happen. Currently getting his snack product, Paella-wurst, ready to take the market by storm and replace the Curry-wurst overnight. Became interested in electronics when he started designing a robotic Paella-wurst vending machine. Has the dubious distinction of having once accidentally deep fried an Arduino during trials of his machine.

Also spends his time on technical forums posting trigger warnings, of course.

Online Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #362 on: May 15, 2018, 04:49:32 pm »

Yep, Jesus is a very common name in large parts of the world. I know lots of people called Jesus.

Around here you say "Jesucristo" to refer to the Biblical figure.

(...and we're only scratching the surface of names in Catholic-Dictatorship Spain, around here you can easily be called "Joseph-Mary" if you're a bloke or even something like "Immaculate Conception" if you're a girl)

Offline Nominal Animal

• Super Contributor
« Reply #363 on: May 15, 2018, 07:04:25 pm »
around here you can easily be called "Joseph-Mary" if you're a bloke or even something like "Immaculate Conception" if you're a girl)
Yeah, I myself am named after an annoying bird and a frigging tree rat. People are weird, and their names funny.

But when they start categorizing terms based on how some sheltered city kids might feel after hearing or thinking about them, I cannot take them seriously, prof or pope or whoever they are.

(I am, however, aware that ridiculous people can become very, very dangerous. Just look at that one failed Austrian painter, or that Georgian son of a cobbler. Their ideas should be exposed for the idiocy they are, before people start believing in their mind-bending drivel.)

Offline JohnnyMalaria

• Super Contributor
    • Enlighten Scientific LLC
« Reply #364 on: May 15, 2018, 07:18:29 pm »
Yeah, I myself am named after an annoying bird and a frigging tree rat. People are weird, and their names funny.

Have you just started a new competition to guess your name? Okay, I'll start.

Woodpigeon Squirrel

:)

Offline Beamin

• Super Contributor
  • If you think my Boobs are big you should see my ba
« Reply #365 on: July 21, 2018, 04:01:55 am »

80$ a month for 55 up and 50 down.  :( . Our water table in my town is nice and low except for a mile from here they are having 1000 year floods every other year. That's normal right? My family started calling me from out of state seeing the end of my street getting washed away on national news. Less caring family sent a text. Why is tis happening? Because we wanted to drive a 6500lbs ford excursion to buy a 3oz pack of cigarettes and were too lazy to walk.
Max characters: 300; characters remaining: 191
Images in your signature must be no greater than 500x25 pixels

Offline Tepe

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #366 on: July 24, 2018, 01:39:45 pm »

Have you just started a new competition to guess your name? Okay, I'll start.

Woodpigeon Squirrel

:)

So the last name is probably Orava.
As for an annoying bird in Finland , hmm

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf