Author Topic: Make your own Arduino Shield  (Read 2151 times)

Offline oyvdahlTopic starter

• Build Electronic Circuits
Make your own Arduino Shield
« on: February 08, 2013, 09:57:08 am »
Hey!

I am putting together a free webinar where I'll teach how to create your own Arduino shield. Focusing on the practical stuff of designing the board and making a prototype.

I'm interested in what you think it should cover. What is the top two questions you would like to have answered in such a webinar?

Not sure if I'm allowed to post link here, so if you would like some more info you can send me a message.

Oyvind

Offline Mr Smiley

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Make your own Arduino Shield
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 04:44:51 pm »
Hi,

How to put the bootloader onto a blank atmeg, what's needed and how to do it.

How to program after the bootloader is on the atmeg, what's needed and how to do it.

I know its about the shield, but people want to go from the shield to a board, using the shield as a prototyping board for the software, and then want to take that software onto a dedicated project board, and that's where a lot of people give up because there not sure of what or how to do it with or without a bootloader. And how to continue icsp after it's there.

How to take the program from the shield after development and put it onto a prototype pcb, what's needed, how to program on board and whats needed.

Something up there you might want to include.

Mr Smiley  :)
There is enough on this planet to sustain mans needs. There will never be enough on this planet to sustain mans greed.

Offline Thor-Arne

• Supporter
  • tinker - tinker, little noob.....
Re: Make your own Arduino Shield
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 06:33:26 pm »
Thumbs up for the webinar of course.

Main general issue with the Arduino is the strange pin-spacing, countless times I've seen newbies try to fit a standard strip board on the headers.

Otherwise, there is the issue with clearance to the parts on the stacked boards.

Some words about pin loads and power supply might be on its place.

@Mr Smiley:
I think that if someone is at the point where they want to make their own board they should be familiar enough with the Arduino forums, and/or try to google for "DIY ARDUINO".
And it is possible to buy Atmel chips preprogrammed with the bootloader so one can "program" with the Arduino board.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf