Author Topic: Forum reply issue  (Read 3421 times)

Offline orbiterTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • -0 Resistance is Futile
Forum reply issue
« on: April 21, 2010, 04:10:02 pm »
Having a  bit of a problem with the forums which I hope someone can fix please. The problem is... When I reply to a topic and the text starts to fill the reply windows and scroll up, instead what I'm typing staying in view, the text will just start to disspapear from so I don't know what I'm typing without having to continuosly scroll down to see what I've typed. It's very frustrating when your trying to type and your text keeps jumping out of view all the time :(

Please could this be fixed please?

Many thanks

orb

Offline armandas

• Frequent Contributor
    • My projects
Re: Forum reply issue
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 04:56:40 pm »
What browser do you use, does this happen with other browsers? Can you write steps that should be taken to reproduce the bug?

My Firefox 3.6.3 doesn't seem to have this problem.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 09:51:20 am »
What browser do you use, does this happen with other browsers? Can you write steps that should be taken to reproduce the bug?

My Firefox 3.6.3 doesn't seem to have this problem.

It's whilst using IE8.

To reproduce the bug all that has to be done is to reply with a quote. Then once your text fills the reply window and progresses a further couple of lines downwards the text will try to start scrolling up, but will immidiately flick back down out of sight and continue to do so meaning that you can't see what your typing :(

Offline migsantiago

• Frequent Contributor
    • MigSantiago's Web Site
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 02:48:09 pm »
Try two things...

- If you are on a laptop, disable the touchpad. Most people touch the touchpad while writing and click things they are not supposed to click.
- Press the INSERT key on your keyboard. You may have activated the overwrite function.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 04:15:26 pm »
Try two things...

- If you are on a laptop, disable the touchpad. Most people touch the touchpad while writing and click things they are not supposed to click.
- Press the INSERT key on your keyboard. You may have activated the overwrite function.

Thanks for the suggestions my friend however it's neither of those things. I don't use the pad at all on my laptop so it's already disabled.

I'm expecting it to start happening soon during this reply..

Once I get around 3 lines below the available typing space then press 'Return'.. The type will try to scroll up a it should but then just jump back down hiding my typed text.

Perhaps you guys could try it?.. Just quote this whole message and start typing underneath it as if to reply. You should see what I mean every time you press enter?
??

Regards

orb

Offline armandas

• Frequent Contributor
    • My projects
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 07:10:50 pm »
I thought you may be using IE. I suppose there are reasons why you don't use an "alternative" browser. Probably the best thing you can do is to report the bug here: http://dev.simplemachines.org/mantis/my_view_page.php

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 09:42:46 am »
Thanks for the link mate ;) I'll let them know

Cheers

orb

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf