Author Topic: Free energy!  (Read 13270 times)

Offline FrankBussTopic starter

• Supporter
    • Frank Buss
Free energy!
« on: April 25, 2017, 07:20:47 pm »
It is really working, in the video you can see later how he disassembles the things, no hidden battery:

Of course it is faked :) But I wonder how he did it? I guess just some clever video editing and then removing the battery before disassembling? While powering the bulb, it could be hidden in the lower part with the coil wires where you can't see inside.

I'm sad about the comments, looks like many people believe it.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Electronics, hiking, retro-computing, electronic music etc.: https://www.youtube.com/c/FrankBussProgrammer

Offline LabSpokane

• Super Contributor
Re: Free energy!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 07:27:12 pm »
Gee, do you think there are one or two coin / hearing aid-cells hidden in the base?  But I have to admit that it's incredibly convenient to have a "free energy resonator" generate exactly 3VDC. 

Offline rob77

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 07:32:21 pm »
His youtube channel says location US.. but considering his accent i would bet it's Czech republic ;)

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 07:32:54 pm »
A couple of lithium coin cells could easily light an LED bright enough to light up the bulb while being concealed in the base. Especially when you consider that light sources tend to appear much brighter to a camera than they are in reality.

I know a guy from the Czech Republic who lives in the US, so this guy may well be located in the US.

Offline GeorgeOfTheJungle

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 08:02:01 pm »
I know a guy from the Czech Republic who lives in the US [..]

I know him too !
The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.

Offline frozenfrogz

• Frequent Contributor
  • Having fun with Arduino and Raspberry Pi
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 08:31:33 pm »
I call lacquer on the outside of the spring and the "insulator pad" being a thin-film lithium battery. And another article. And another one.

Continuity on the Voltcraft VC130 has a threshold of 10 ohms, so the thin-film battery just needs to have more than 10 ohms of internal resistance to "show" as non-conductive, hence »isolator«.
He’s like a trained ape. Without the training.

Offline Ampera

• Super Contributor
    • Ampera's Forums
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 09:36:13 pm »
I think it's a fish oil candle and not a bulb at all!

Anybody will believe in something if they want it to be true. Case in point, religion.

So before I am any more controversial I am going to stop talking.

I forget who I am sometimes, but then I remember that it's probably not worth remembering.
EEVBlog IRC Admin - Join us on irc.austnet.org #eevblog

Offline kony

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2017, 09:46:52 pm »
I'm sad about the comments, looks like many people believe it.

Those who based their businesses around stripping fools with wishfull thinking from their money never went bankrupt. Hallelujah brothers and sisters.  >:D

The following users thanked this post: Kilrah

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2017, 10:30:01 pm »
There will always be people who believe in this free energy bunk, IMO it's rather pointless to try to convince them otherwise. It's the same people who believe all sorts of conspiracy theories and they will go through some bizarre mental gymnastics to connect the dots of "evidence" starting with the premise that the official explanation is always a lie. They love to believe that "the man" is squashing all these revolutionary ideas such as free energy and 100 mpg carburetors in the name of corporate greed. There's a sucker born every minute and people want to believe.

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2017, 01:03:01 am »
Someone once said that rather than try and work out how they did it, you should try and work out how you would do it....

Offline RoGeorge

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2017, 01:21:27 am »
Of course it is faked :) But I wonder how he did it? I guess just some clever video editing and then removing the battery before disassembling?

I guess the video is not fake, and there are no special video effects.
Most probably, there is an RF (Radio Frequency) source nearby, and that RF source is inducing enough voltage in the spring(s). The springs are acting like coils.

Offline GeorgeOfTheJungle

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2017, 09:03:08 am »
Most probably, there is an RF (Radio Frequency) source nearby, and that RF source is inducing enough voltage in the spring(s). The springs are acting like coils.

Inducing a DC?
The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.

Offline sleemanj

• Super Contributor
  • Professional tightwad.
    • The electronics hobby components I sell.
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2017, 09:17:23 am »
Someone once said that rather than try and work out how they did it, you should try and work out how you would do it....

Clear spray lacquer the spring, rub off on the contact points for each end, put a battery cell in the bottom section of the spring. 

I didn't watch the whole nonsense, but that would do for that first test he showed with the meter.
~~~
EEVBlog Members - get yourself 10% discount off all my electronic components for sale just use the Buy Direct links and use Coupon Code "eevblog" during checkout.  Shipping from New Zealand, international orders welcome :-)

• Supporter
    • Frank Buss
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2017, 10:33:27 am »
I call lacquer on the outside of the spring and the "insulator pad" being a thin-film lithium battery. And another article. And another one.

Interesting batteries, didn't know them. The ST product is 25 mm wide, but maybe he built his own small battery from a normal LiPo battery. He didn't measure the sticky foil he removed in the video. Inside such a battery are thin foils:

But video editing might be easier, and no reason to have a spring which hides the lower part, if you don't want to put a coin cell in it, unless this is required for the free energy construction to work ;D
Electronics, hiking, retro-computing, electronic music etc.: https://www.youtube.com/c/FrankBussProgrammer

Offline RoGeorge

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2017, 10:35:09 am »

Inducing a DC?

You made me watch the video (last time I posted I was just browse it for 10-20 seconds, then post about RF).

The sheet between the magnet and the spring might act as a diode that rectifies the RF.
Or maybe it's just some video editing. There might be a million other tricks involved, I don't know and I don't care about debunking it.

What I know for sure is the law of energy's conservation, so I won't buy that trick, and I won't waste more time on it.

Offline alanb

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2017, 12:23:36 pm »
He probably uses special crystals like Shahriar ( The Signal Path) uses.

https://youtu.be/VOAaFyv_shY

Offline LabSpokane

• Super Contributor
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2017, 06:48:59 pm »
What I know for sure is the law of energy's conservation, so I won't buy that trick, and I won't waste more time on it.

:-+

Offline frozenfrogz

• Frequent Contributor
  • Having fun with Arduino and Raspberry Pi
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2017, 07:06:25 pm »
Interesting batteries, didn't know them. The ST product is 25 mm wide, but maybe he built his own small battery from a normal LiPo battery. He didn't measure the sticky foil he removed in the video. Inside such a battery are thin foils:

The articles / example battery I linked were more as source of reference. I was to lazy to actually try and find a suitable part >:D
Nonetheless, I should get a hold of one of these to do some testing in combination with a tiny BLE module. Smells like private investigator gear straight from a movie :)
He’s like a trained ape. Without the training.

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2017, 07:18:51 pm »
RF is certainly a possibility, he's got a coil there, another coil on the underside of the table driven by high frequency could easily induce enough current to light an LED. CFL would be even easier, I've lit CFLs from feet away with my little Tesla coils.

Offline Vtile

• Super Contributor
  • Ingineer
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2017, 09:16:47 pm »
You are all wrong that is a legit Atmostpheric Phollitron, it creates a funnel to the upper Van Allens belts where it gets the energy. :-DD

Interesting enough, that spring and neodium magnet combo could actually be build to poor electric generator, obviously the energy wouldn't be free, but kinetic energy transferred to electric. ...As you shake the coil it bends and the magnetic field will change (a bit) inside the coil. I wonder if there is any voltnuts that have sensitive enough equipment to measure it.
Had to test it, got atleast 40 microvolts of free^tm energy according to my 100 meg meter.  :-DD
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 10:07:38 pm by Vtile »

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2017, 12:54:38 am »

Gosh, how po-faced you are! Why did you even bother commenting at all?

No-one is trying to convince anyone else that it is real. The ask is 'How does he fake it', and to me that's as interesting (because he is good at it) as it might be if it were real. I guess you're not a Penn & Teller fan.

Offline Nusa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2017, 01:57:31 am »
Note that the only time the bulb has its base raised in the air is when he's "proving" that connecting the wires don't light the bulb. So a battery and tilt switch inside the LED bulb would take care of the hardest part of the trick.

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2017, 02:50:09 am »
The bulb doesn't move when he uses the grabbers, though, does it?

And... I thought that type of bulb, with e24 fitting, was mains voltage.

And, whilst I'm here, he tests resistance across the 'generators' and comes up with an open (shown by '1'). But if they were really putting out ~2V the meter would give some reading.

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2017, 04:05:08 am »
He didn't measure the sticky foil he removed in the video.

He did seem to measure while still stuck to the magnet - but I suspect the surface exposed to the spring was insulated, except for a carefully prepared spot where the end of the spring was positioned to make contact with the film battery.  All he had to do for his 'test' to show no voltage was to make sure his meter clip didn't touch that spot.

In support of this, notice the 'resonators' were already assembled at the start of the video - and when they were disassembled, you never saw them put back together and shown to still work.

As well, there is the curious action of removing the so-called 'insulators' and placing them right out of frame.  If there was nothing to see, then why do this when everything else stayed visible?

Then there is the question as to what could be in the LED globe.  That is a HUGE space.

• Supporter
    • Frank Buss
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2017, 04:52:55 am »
As well, there is the curious action of removing the so-called 'insulators' and placing them right out of frame.  If there was nothing to see, then why do this when everything else stayed visible?

He has another video where he shows the insulator very detailed and re-assembles the resonator, too:

Interesting: At 1:47 he shows that the voltage changes when he moves it. This might be an indication for some RF trick. The insulator looks like just some rubber.

Then there is the question as to what could be in the LED globe.  That is a HUGE space.

Right. And it looks like mains powered LED globe, and curiously in the end he doesn't show it powered from mains, only the other lamp?

So how it could be done: inside the bulb is a circuit and a battery, which measures the capacitance. It turns on the bulb, if it can measure a capacitance greater some value, and brighter if there is more capacitance, when more of the resonators are connected in parallel. And the multimeter is rigged to show the right values volt and milliamps in DC mode.

But if the multimeter is not rigged, how could he do it?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf