Author Topic: Free Unlimited Version of AutoTRAX PCB Design Software  (Read 171174 times)

Offline IliyaTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
Re: Free Unlimited Version of AutoTRAX PCB Design Software
« Reply #225 on: August 07, 2015, 06:26:09 pm »
I actually don't care so much about you or your tool.

Well that’s not a surprise.   I think you have made your position clear.

P.S. I detest Trojan Horse software. It’s dishonest.

I worked for the leading solid modeling software company in Cambridge, England. They sent all the top developers to Bermuda for a week to have bonding/think tank sessions. I loved it except for the large part of the time spend on how to develop Trojan Horses to trap users like you into using their software.  Not happy about that. :( Perhaps you are...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 06:34:46 pm by Iliya »

Offline Wilksey

• Super Contributor
« Reply #226 on: August 07, 2015, 08:52:23 pm »
This is why you should use open source as much as possible!

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #227 on: August 07, 2015, 11:38:36 pm »
@Iliya
Honestly, instead of repeating the same babble about Cancun, Trojan Horses and how free/unlimited one (watermark crippled) version of your software was (for a few weeks) over and over again, you should really think about what kind of impression this makes on potential customers. Maybe you should think about hiring someone to do your public relations and focus on development instead.
Just try to convince people with a faster, more stable & professional and overall better software instead of arguing with people in forums. This thread will most probably end like your last attempts to persuade people that they are stupid not to use your tool: you'll get furious, delete your posts and/or your account and this whole thing starts again in a few weeks/months with a new version number or name.

I'm only replying to comments posted in order to correct them. Look back at them. Is this a crime?
Some of them are in response to your erroneous postings.
You don't have to read them or perhaps you do...

No, it is not a crime. But neither is it helping you or your interests. I find it more than a little off putting and it does not make me more willing to try your software. I'll just look elsewhere, and that is what the expression "the customer is always right" means.  It means if the customer takes their business elsewhere then nothing else matters.

If one person posts here you can be reasonably confident they are not alone. This forum is diverse in many ways but not in every way.

So you find it a little off putting that I reply to comments to correct them and this does not make you more willing to try my software.  Let’s be honest here; you have not tried the software and will not try it because I respond to erroneous comments posted on this forum. Your argument details that if one person posts a comment then there are many more who would do so. How about contrary opinions? Did you ever do statistics at university? So if you go on Amazon, you seek out the one star reviews and base your purchase on them.  If so, I suggest Amazon does not see must trade from you. You have a prejudiced view. Guilty verdict before seeing the evidence. I just hope you never get called for jury service. Oh dear  :palm:

Offline c4757p

• Super Contributor
  • adieu
« Reply #228 on: August 07, 2015, 11:55:44 pm »
Christ, you're a dick. How do you have customers?
No longer active here - try the IRC channel if you just can't be without me :)

Offline Wilksey

• Super Contributor
« Reply #229 on: August 08, 2015, 12:39:58 am »
@Iliya
Honestly, instead of repeating the same babble about Cancun, Trojan Horses and how free/unlimited one (watermark crippled) version of your software was (for a few weeks) over and over again, you should really think about what kind of impression this makes on potential customers. Maybe you should think about hiring someone to do your public relations and focus on development instead.
Just try to convince people with a faster, more stable & professional and overall better software instead of arguing with people in forums. This thread will most probably end like your last attempts to persuade people that they are stupid not to use your tool: you'll get furious, delete your posts and/or your account and this whole thing starts again in a few weeks/months with a new version number or name.

I'm only replying to comments posted in order to correct them. Look back at them. Is this a crime?
Some of them are in response to your erroneous postings.
You don't have to read them or perhaps you do...

No, it is not a crime. But neither is it helping you or your interests. I find it more than a little off putting and it does not make me more willing to try your software. I'll just look elsewhere, and that is what the expression "the customer is always right" means.  It means if the customer takes their business elsewhere then nothing else matters.

If one person posts here you can be reasonably confident they are not alone. This forum is diverse in many ways but not in every way.

So you find it a little off putting that I reply to comments to correct them and this does not make you more willing to try my software.  Let’s be honest here; you have not tried the software and will not try it because I respond to erroneous comments posted on this forum. Your argument details that if one person posts a comment then there are many more who would do so. How about contrary opinions? Did you ever do statistics at university? So if you go on Amazon, you seek out the one star reviews and base your purchase on them.  If so, I suggest Amazon does not see must trade from you. You have a prejudiced view. Guilty verdict before seeing the evidence. I just hope you never get called for jury service. Oh dear  :palm:

QED.
Indeed. Point and case!

Offline Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #230 on: August 08, 2015, 01:07:45 am »
Iliya

I paid for your software to support your effort to provide it for free for hobbyists. I understand your need to eat, and your offense at people criticizing your work. It is all your personal work and it is hard to be objective about faults pointed out by others. Your attitude has been a bit puzzling to me. You offered this for free and then pulled it very quickly. Why? Do you really think that arguing with people with suggestions to help you and then making the software pay only in such a short time is good for your business?

Those who want free software will either go somewhere else, or crack your protection, which is a joke.

I tried to support you, but I don't think I can anymore.  I have a license, but I now think my efforts to support you have been wasted. I know you will take offense to a paying customer complaining about this, but maybe you will understand what you have done to the support that has been given to you. Hopefully!

Offline timofonic

• Frequent Contributor
  • Eternal Wannabe Geek
« Reply #231 on: August 08, 2015, 01:59:36 am »
Despite KiCad current faults, this is one of the reasons I prefer GPL "Free" Software.

I think you must reconsider yourself and stop your stubbornness, recognize your faults and analyze yourself. Nothing wrong about it, I have been and I still have some jerky attitudes that I try to fix in all possible ways while avoid to hurt myself. It's very hard to do, we the humans are very arrogant creatures.

I understand a one man project like an EDA software is a titanic task, very stressful and extremely difficult to manage.

Are you able to get incomes to work full time on the project?

Are you considering to form a small team? Would that make it a viable business model?

There are other alternatives such as crowdfunding to make it Open Source and prepare the code to be used by other developers and make it multiplatform, plus make a survey to what improvements people might want. Maybe a bounty model could be feasible and more attractive to users.

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #232 on: August 08, 2015, 02:01:14 pm »

Those who want free software will either go somewhere else, or crack your protection, which is a joke.

Why is theft a joke? If someone steals from you do you burst out laughing. :--

Offline ElektroQuark

• Supporter
    • ElektroQuark
« Reply #233 on: August 08, 2015, 02:26:47 pm »
Lightages didn't say theft is a joke.

Offline c4757p

• Super Contributor
  • adieu
« Reply #234 on: August 08, 2015, 02:30:42 pm »
How about trying some reading comprehension before lashing out at your own customers?

Offline Neganur

• Supporter
« Reply #235 on: August 08, 2015, 02:57:03 pm »
Since we are playing the word game, cracking is not theft. it is Copyright infringement.

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #236 on: August 08, 2015, 03:23:10 pm »

Well, that's well formed argument.

Offline firewalker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #237 on: August 08, 2015, 03:33:01 pm »
Everyone who wants the free version of AutoTrax send me pm.

Alexander.
Become a realist, stay a dreamer.

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #238 on: August 08, 2015, 03:34:27 pm »
Since we are playing the word game, cracking is not theft. It is Copyright infringement.

Cracking software  to use it without paying is theft. It seems some people have no sense of right or wrong.

Anyway, this lack of morality is why I stopped the not for profit software. Seems some people on this forum do not respect copyright and license agreements.

There is no longer any discount for users of this forum; it ran out at Easter.

If any of you wish to actually try out the software and possibly purchase a legal copy please download from:
http://www.kov.com
If you don't want to even try it out, then please refrain from making uneducated comments.

It's only $99. All in, no crippled version or restrictions.

P.S. I will cancel the accounts of users who make illegal copies and take all legal remedies to pursue software pirates including reporting them to the police in their respective countries. This is not a joke.

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #239 on: August 08, 2015, 03:36:57 pm »
Everyone who wants the free version of AutoTrax send me pm.

Alexander.

What is your full name and address?

Offline firewalker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #240 on: August 08, 2015, 03:53:53 pm »
Guys! you flooded my inbox.

Download KiCad ->Here<-

Alexander.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 11:58:47 am by firewalker »

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #241 on: August 08, 2015, 04:02:11 pm »

Download ->Here<-

Alexander.

Its a link to KiCAD. He is using this forum to con you into downloading KiCAD - if it is KiCAD!. Check for viruses.

Offline firewalker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #242 on: August 08, 2015, 04:12:47 pm »

If I remember correctly, the free version had no protection. It was printing "For non commercial use only" (or something) to every layer of the board. Someone could attack it by changing the generated berger files. Another solution would be to search the binary for the string and change it to "" (I don;t know if it is possible and don't belive it would be implemented like that).

Aside the educational aspect of bypassing limitations, the software is so cheap though that doesn't worth the time spend.

If I remember correctly from older test made by other forum users the biggest problem was the company selling the product and not the product it self.

Alexander.

Offline 0xdeadbeef

• Super Contributor
« Reply #243 on: August 08, 2015, 04:38:01 pm »
If I remember correctly from older test made by other forum users the biggest problem was the company selling the product and not the product it self.
There are problems on both sides. If the tool was only nearly as good as the developer thinks it is, we'd all gladly pay the $99. There would be no need for him trying to trick people into using a crippleware version that prints "non commercial" strings over pads and holes. Then again, unfortunately, the tool is not that great at all and the developer is neither willing to listen to customer suggestions not is he able to accept that someone could willingly decide to use another opion instead. Actually he is either not willing or able to understand that his whole behavior is the worst he could possibly do to advertise his product. As he is not willing/able to understand that his own broken free/unlimited version promises (and things like suddenly appearing new versions with dramatic price increases etc.) are much worse than that of any of the "Trojan Horse" tools he accuses of tricking customers.
Besides, it should be clear to him and any potential customer that investing time and money in a one person show is a big risk. And it's not so much about the money in this case. Porting libraries and projects to a new tool because the old one is no longer supported is not really fun to do.
Trying is the first step towards failure - Homer J. Simpson

Offline c4757p

• Super Contributor
  • adieu
« Reply #244 on: August 08, 2015, 04:42:45 pm »

Download ->Here<-

Alexander.

:-DD

Its a link to KiCAD. He is using this forum to con you into downloading KiCAD - if it is KiCAD!. Check for viruses.

It is indeed a link to the (semi-)official Windows developer/preview build of KiCad. No viruses.

Offline c4757p

• Super Contributor
  • adieu
« Reply #245 on: August 08, 2015, 04:44:23 pm »

Well, that's well formed argument.

You made all my arguments for me, I didn't have to say anything >:D

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #246 on: August 08, 2015, 04:55:08 pm »

Download ->Here<-

Alexander.

:-DD

It is indeed a link to the (semi-)official Windows developer/preview build of KiCad. No viruses.

So, is it OK to give links to download software when it's something else?

Offline Neganur

• Supporter
« Reply #247 on: August 08, 2015, 05:24:48 pm »
Since we are playing the word game, cracking is not theft. It is Copyright infringement.

Cracking software  to use it without paying is theft. It seems some people have no sense of right or wrong.

I'm not interested in discussing morality (or ethics) (sense of "right" and "wrong"). What you are referring to is not theft.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 05:34:03 pm by Neganur »

Offline firewalker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #248 on: August 08, 2015, 05:31:41 pm »
I am going to sue

DEX 2020 Ltd
10 Meadowsweet Way
Cannock
Staffordshire WS12 2GS
England

for disclosing private communications (governed by the laws of mailing).

He should have though twice before posting.

Your data are not safe with this user!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 12:02:16 pm by firewalker »

Offline TheAmmoniacal

• Supporter
« Reply #249 on: August 08, 2015, 05:33:56 pm »
One vote from me to ban Iliya from the forums, permanently.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf