Author Topic: Hilarious design job - anyone want it...!  (Read 25101 times)

Offline tszaboo

• Super Contributor
  • Current job: ATEX product design
Re: Hilarious design job - anyone want it...!
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2016, 11:55:15 am »
Some idiots must be buying this crap.

I've decided I'm going to sell 6VA transformers as anti EM pessaries.
I'm gonna make a toroidal transformer phone charger, with a visible Faraday cage enclosure. So they can charge their phones, without all the EMC radiation. Then put the phone in their pocket, EMC worry free.

Offline setq

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2016, 12:01:46 pm »
In this video, he shows off his electronic gadget machine thingie. Maybe this is an earlier version of what he wants Mike to design for him ?
I can see a reasonably large box of electronics which would make a REALLY interesting tear down video for Dave.

That's a waste of a perfectly good instrument case that is!

Online MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2016, 12:31:14 pm »
That's a waste of a perfectly good instrument case that is!

I understand  exactly what you mean. Does he really believe in his stuff ?
Or is he conning people ?

Apparently his research website, is here:
http://wds-infinite-dipole.com/

This might be related to the device:

Offline setq

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2016, 12:32:49 pm »
He's a fucking nutbag if he does.

The following users thanked this post: MK14

Offline daqq

• Super Contributor
    • My site
« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2016, 12:34:51 pm »
No. If he just did a limited amount of things (bullshit healing) then I'd believe he could really believe it. However, since they've got pretty much the equivalent of a "computer exorcism" and a very wide spread I shall assume that no, he is conning.
Believe it or not, pointy haired people do exist!
+++Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Offline razberik

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2016, 12:39:27 pm »
This is my proposal for them.
WHAT did I just read ? :o
Hopefully it was obvious I was joking...
Yes it was, but firstly I thought you spent your valuable time for writing good looking article. :o
But anyway, how did you created it ? Random text generator or assembly of random paragraphs with modified words ?  :-DD

Online MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2016, 12:45:55 pm »
This is my proposal for them.
WHAT did I just read ? :o
Hopefully it was obvious I was joking...
Yes it was, but firstly I thought you spent your valuable time for writing good looking article. :o
But anyway, how did you created it ? Random text generator or assembly of random paragraphs with modified words ?  :-DD

It took me about 3 very long weeks days hours minutes seconds to create it, so I hope everyone appreciates the lack of hard work here.

I used one of the internets scientific nonsense generators. Specifically this one:
https://pdos.csail.mit.edu/archive/scigen/

Online MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2016, 12:52:52 pm »
He's a f**king nutbag if he does.

No. If he just did a limited amount of things (bullshit healing) then I'd believe he could really believe it. However, since they've got pretty much the equivalent of a "computer exorcism" and a very wide spread I shall assume that no, he is conning.

Thanks, both of you.

I tend to agree with you, but I still have some elements of lingering doubt. E.g. The youtube video, where he talks about nonsensical beings (Aliens) etc, both makes me think he may really believe that stuff, or that it is part of a wider con like plot on his part.

Later on his research website, he even talks about "free energy ...". Dave is going to go BALLISTIC, and make an EEVblog ##9?? (I vaguely think he already made one about it), throwing all free energy theories into a giant Blackhole, forever.

Apparently that will mean a new type of batteriser can be used to harvest free energy from that same Blackhole and light up, lot's of roads for free, while people drive on them ....

http://wds-infinite-dipole.com/
Example extract (from research website, in my earlier post):
I believe the fact that magnets have these properties accounts for much of the phenomenon of over-unity or free energy observed so far. The belt and braces approach to collecting free energy should include a generous application of permanent magnets around the focus/collection point.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 12:58:33 pm by MK14 »

Offline setq

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2016, 02:27:21 pm »
I've been sitting here thinking about this for a bit.

I'm not got the physical energy to watch the video without puking but we can't disprove aliens or other energy sources (note I'm not saying free energy here). However none of these phenomenon have been observed under scrutiny or are independently reproducible. Doesn't mean we don't need an army of infinite monkeys plugging away on the matter, disproving themselves over and over again. I think we should just leave them to it. After all, negative feedback went in the bullshit bucket for a few years. One of these monkeys might indirectly discover something useful by accident, like the dude who discovered that the grid in Edison's light bulb could control electron flow and invented the triode.

Really though I'm convinced that the people who do this sort of stuff are either mentally ill to some degree I.e. have no rationality, are addicted to the following they have and are pressured to deliver more bullshit or are doing it consciously to obtain cash from wallies.

The only one of those outcomes I have any problem with is the latter or directly doing harm. Taking them to task should be a matter of referring them to trading and advertising standards over bogus claims. They jump on that stuff like a seagull on chips.

This guy is doing harm. Random youtubers, who cares.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 02:29:26 pm by setq »

Online MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #84 on: September 28, 2016, 02:55:43 pm »
I've been sitting here thinking about this for a bit.

I'm not got the physical energy to watch the video without puking but we can't disprove aliens or other energy sources (note I'm not saying free energy here). However none of these phenomenon have been observed under scrutiny or are independently reproducible. Doesn't mean we don't need an army of infinite monkeys plugging away on the matter, disproving themselves over and over again. I think we should just leave them to it. After all, negative feedback went in the bullshit bucket for a few years. One of these monkeys might indirectly discover something useful by accident, like the dude who discovered that the grid in Edison's light bulb could control electron flow and invented the triode.

Really though I'm convinced that the people who do this sort of stuff are either mentally ill to some degree I.e. have no rationality, are addicted to the following they have and are pressured to deliver more bullshit or are doing it consciously to obtain cash from wallies.

The only one of those outcomes I have any problem with is the latter or directly doing harm. Taking them to task should be a matter of referring them to trading and advertising standards over bogus claims. They jump on that stuff like a seagull on chips.

This guy is doing harm. Random youtubers, who cares.

I would argue that this guy is definitely DOING HARM to others, potentially. Because in the longer video which shows one of his products, and later shows some of his other products, like the "crazy" "RPG lookalike" pipe tube, electronic house cleanser (NOT his description) device, which gets rid of bad energies or messes with stuff, or something. Then later he shows his magic stones that he makes and sells.

Because he seems to imply or even say that if the person (and it could be a vulnerable person) uses it, it can even cure/cope with disease (or words to that effect). I.e. A genuinely and dangerously ill individual, could believe his stuff works and buy/use it. Instead of getting life saving treatments from real/proper doctors.
The end result is that people could die, from easily treatable diseases etc.

tl;dr
If this guy gets more active the authorities may need to step in.

This guy reminds me of David IIcke.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Icke

« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 02:57:19 pm by MK14 »

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2016, 03:39:00 pm »
The Computer Clear software program for Microsoft Windows sits unobtrusively on your desktop and emits bio-resonance patterns which help your body to increase its natural protection to EMF radiation

Ok so to increase your body's protection to EMF radiation you need to ...create more radiation around it  :-+
Not a good buy though, since the more you use the device the less effect it has on you, as your "natural protection to EMF radiation" increases with each use
 >:D
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline setq

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2016, 04:10:14 pm »

tl;dr
If this guy gets more active the authorities may need to step in.

Fire the ASA + Trading Standards gun at him. Tempted to pull the trigger myself.

Offline mikeselectricstuffTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2016, 04:13:33 pm »
I don't think I've ever seen a report of one of these scammers getting busted, apart from the fake bomb detector guy.
The problem is they often make claims so vague that it's hard to prove fraud. Unless they  are actively making clear medical claims I suspect they're way down the list of priorities.
If it was that easy, every homeopath, astrologer, psychic, crystal-healing nut  & other similar charlatan would be at risk...

Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline setq

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2016, 04:48:44 pm »
Dog shit isn't on Royal Mail's no transit list. That's the old fashioned solution :)

Online Ian.M

• Super Contributor
« Reply #89 on: September 28, 2016, 05:02:43 pm »
Dog shit isn't on Royal Mail's no transit list. That's the old fashioned solution :)
Unfortunately, its restricted:
"Human or animal samples   
May only be sent by, or at the specific request of, a qualified medical practitioner, registered dental practitioner, veterinary surgeon, registered nurse or a recognised laboratory or institution.

The total sample volume/mass in any parcel must not exceed 1 kg. Solids only can be sent 5.7.34.3 All human or animal samples must be posted in packaging that complies with Packaging Instruction 650, such as our Safebox product.
 The sender’s name and return address must be clearly visible on the outer packaging."
https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/94/~/restricted-goods---personal-customers

Maybe pretend to be the recipient and pay a local farmer to deliver a tonne of loose pig manure as fertilizer.  Arrange delivery for 4PM Friday and leave a note on the garage door for the farmer "Sorry, I was called away to a personal emergency, please tip the fertiliser on the driveway"

Offline System Error Message

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2016, 05:09:32 pm »
From what i understand is that the company wants to repeat the process of sending electrical pulses to the brain to "activate" some parts of it to trigger things. However at 60Mhz. 8KV, the pulses will fry the brain (it wont explode like a microwave as it is pulses), like an electroshock therapy without the shocking but what will really happen is that it will cause flashes, brain degradation, tumours and literally spoil your brain but wont cause instant death. It will mean going to the hospital sometime in the near future.

So this project is literally unsafe for its intended use and no matter how much money is offered (even $20M for example), it should not be done.

Essentially the air/head between the 2 electrodes act as a resistor and with 8KV it will penetrate the skin so it will be discharging a lot of energy. The resistance of skin is high but with enough volts, anything that passes the skin is lethal. There is a charge somewhere explaining how many amps will pass through the skin with what voltage and how lethal it is (including how many amps is tolerated and how many amps are unsafe). People say its the amps that kill but the amps is determined by the fundamental equation of V=IR. So if you increase the voltage you increase the amps that pass through the body and at 8KV the amps will be lethal.

Offline setq

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2016, 05:47:28 pm »
Unfortunately, its restricted:
"Human or animal samples   
May only be sent by, or at the specific request of, a qualified medical practitioner, registered dental practitioner, veterinary surgeon, registered nurse or a recognised laboratory or institution.

The total sample volume/mass in any parcel must not exceed 1 kg. Solids only can be sent 5.7.34.3 All human or animal samples must be posted in packaging that complies with Packaging Instruction 650, such as our Safebox product.
 The sender’s name and return address must be clearly visible on the outer packaging."
https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/94/~/restricted-goods---personal-customers

Maybe pretend to be the recipient and pay a local farmer to deliver a tonne of loose pig manure as fertilizer.  Arrange delivery for 4PM Friday and leave a note on the garage door for the farmer "Sorry, I was called away to a personal emergency, please tip the fertiliser on the driveway"

I was thinking more of when they ask you at the desk 'what does it contain?' you answer 'gifts, non perishable or electrical'.

Online Ian.M

• Super Contributor
« Reply #92 on: September 28, 2016, 06:00:42 pm »
Yes, but you need it to be well enough sealed the counter clerk doesn't refuse it, packaged to survive postie abuse and yet sufficiently volatile that opening it will cause the contents to redistribute themselves round the vicinity without the use of illegal pyrotechnics. Its also got to be presented in a way that the recipient is likely to try to open the inner container. Unless you know someone who's about to decommission a canning plant and can run a case full of slugs of pig slurry frozen with dry ice through the line just before its all scrapped, that's going to be difficult.

However it would be well worth it to see the recipients reaction to opening a pressurised can of pig slurry labelled 'Finest Beluga Caviar'!

Online MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #93 on: September 28, 2016, 06:55:53 pm »
I'm now leaning towards, the con merchant side of things, overall, (but don't want to rule out him being genuine, yet).

The following website, has a 1.5 minute video (which annoys me, and gives the impression it may well be a con), with the guy explaining about his wonder con cure machine thingie. It has lots of other details about the device as well.
The technical details, sound like nonsense to me.
http://wds-bio-resonance.com/default.aspx

There is even a wikipedia page about the device:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-Lybra

Which mentions that it has been detected (or thought to be) as a FAKE/FALSE/FRAUDULENT medical device by Quackwatch.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quackwatch

As others have said, using 8,000 volts at very high frequencies, may actually be harmful or worse. In a sense it would be a kind of "open"/portable/unprotected microwave oven wand, although it would be 40 to 60 MHz, an unknown to us at the moment output power level, and potentially applied to various body parts.
tl;dr
It could be really dangerous, as (I don't have huge medical knowledge) I have been led to believe that internally heating/overheating/burning the internal organs is VERY bad. I read about it (if I remember correctly) as regards Electric shocks, which can do the same/similar thing (cause internal burn damage).

I'm not sure (offhand), if it would cause internal heating or not, in humans. I'm not hugely into RF stuff.

Quack "Electrodiagnostic" Devices
http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/electro.html
The devices described in this article are used to diagnose nonexistent health problems, select inappropriate treatment, and defraud insurance companies. The practitioners who use them are either delusional, dishonest, or both. These devices should be confiscated and the practitioners who use them should be prosecuted. If you encounter any such device, please report it to the state attorney general, any relevant licensing board, the FDA, the FTC, the FBI, the Better Business Bureau, and any insurance company to which the practitioner submits claims that involve use of the device.

Online Ian.M

• Super Contributor
« Reply #94 on: September 28, 2016, 07:09:04 pm »
Google: Diathermy.   It will cause deep tissue heating and significant cranial exposure is likely to result in brain damage, possibly fatal.

The best course of action would be to tell the quack customer to go boil his own head!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 07:11:45 pm by Ian.M »

Online MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #95 on: September 28, 2016, 07:32:45 pm »
Google: Diathermy.   It will cause deep tissue heating and significant cranial exposure is likely to result in brain damage, possibly fatal.

The best course of action would be to tell the quack customer to go boil his own head!

Thanks for the information. From your recommended google search, I found:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diathermy

Short wave[edit]
Short wave diathermy machines use two condenser plates that are placed on either side of the body part to be treated. Another mode of application is by induction coils that are pliable and can be molded to fit the part of the body under treatment. As the high-frequency waves travel through the body tissues between the condensers or the coils, they are converted into heat. The degree of heat and depth of penetration depend in part on the absorptive and resistance properties of the tissues that the waves encounter.
Short wave diathermy operations use the ISM band frequencies of 13.56, 27.12, and 40.68 megahertz. Most commercial machines operate at a frequency of 27.12 MHz, a wavelength of approximately 11 meters.
Short wave diathermy usually is prescribed for treatment of deep muscles and joints that are covered with a heavy soft-tissue mass, for example, the hip. In some instances short wave diathermy may be applied to localize deep inflammatory processes, as in pelvic inflammatory disease.

Which makes me wonder if the 40.68 MHz in bold above, is why Mike's Email says 40 MHz to 60 MHz. Maybe that is where some of the figures come from.

So we have maybe explained the 40 MHz, and what they might be doing with it. Also the two plates are mentioned. Interesting connections...

But what about the 8,000 volts. Maybe he found the 8,000 volts spec by looking up electric chairs ? Joke, hopefully ?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 07:35:33 pm by MK14 »

Offline setq

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #96 on: September 28, 2016, 08:13:11 pm »
Yes, but you need it to be well enough sealed the counter clerk doesn't refuse it, packaged to survive postie abuse and yet sufficiently volatile that opening it will cause the contents to redistribute themselves round the vicinity without the use of illegal pyrotechnics. Its also got to be presented in a way that the recipient is likely to try to open the inner container. Unless you know someone who's about to decommission a canning plant and can run a case full of slugs of pig slurry frozen with dry ice through the line just before its all scrapped, that's going to be difficult.

However it would be well worth it to see the recipients reaction to opening a pressurised can of pig slurry labelled 'Finest Beluga Caviar'!

The last sentence is inspirational :)

I watched someone post a baseball bat unwrapped a couple of years ago. The clerk was concerned only that it was longer than 450mm so they couldn't send it 2nd class medium parcels. This annoyed the customer who was waving it around frantically. No one was injured other than his debit card.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf