Author Topic: For $20 I couldn't resist. No clue what I will use this for.  (Read 18921 times)

Offline XOIIOTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Re: For $20 I couldn't resist. No clue what I will use this for.
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2017, 12:11:58 am »
I just find it odd and stupid that people are upset over this. It reminds me of friends with dial-up, I can't send them anything better than text or it will never load.

Being able to see a problem from someone else's perspective is a mark of intelligence - a mark you seem to lack.

Posting about 1MB of information in 43MB of files for hundreds of people to download because one person is too ignorant or lazy to resize photos is very rude and something people should be upset over.
:-+
Might I add arrogant too.

When I clicked on this thread for the first time I immediately saw the image size was SO large, thanked the first reply and moved to somewhere else where time would be better spent.
Having read all of the replies and visiting the OP a # of times the OP's images have still not fully loaded into my browser's cache.
So, yes I have slow internet.....does that affect the contribution I can make ? Certainly not.

If the OP still hasn't got it through his thick head that imagery size and the way he's presented them is just unacceptable.
The OP need listen to the very experienced members that are trying to give guidance.
I have made many thousands of posts with many hundreds of attachments, never has one been more than 1Mb and the vast majority are well under 200Kb.

Wake up to this or be shunned by the membership.  :P

An attitude like that is exactly why I haven't bothered to change anything, your shitty attitude is frankly pathetic, the only arrogant thick headed person here is you, especially when you come in after it's been widely discussed and start it up yet again, and then expect someone to go out of their way to change something after being spoken to like that.

Yeah, that's one thing, I don't know if it's 3000v at only 5 amps or something like that.

5... amps? I really doubt that very much. Low hundreds of milliamps at the absolute most, more likely tens..

yeah, one person on reddit who saw this is a sonar tech so I'm going to ask him, maybe he will know more.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2017, 12:42:32 am »
I just find it odd and stupid that people are upset over this. It reminds me of friends with dial-up, I can't send them anything better than text or it will never load.

Being able to see a problem from someone else's perspective is a mark of intelligence - a mark you seem to lack.

Posting about 1MB of information in 43MB of files for hundreds of people to download because one person is too ignorant or lazy to resize photos is very rude and something people should be upset over.
:-+
Might I add arrogant too.

When I clicked on this thread for the first time I immediately saw the image size was SO large, thanked the first reply and moved to somewhere else where time would be better spent.
Having read all of the replies and visiting the OP a # of times the OP's images have still not fully loaded into my browser's cache.
So, yes I have slow internet.....does that affect the contribution I can make ? Certainly not.

If the OP still hasn't got it through his thick head that imagery size and the way he's presented them is just unacceptable.
The OP need listen to the very experienced members that are trying to give guidance.
I have made many thousands of posts with many hundreds of attachments, never has one been more than 1Mb and the vast majority are well under 200Kb.

Wake up to this or be shunned by the membership.  :P

An attitude like that is exactly why I haven't bothered to change anything, your shitty attitude is frankly pathetic, the only arrogant thick headed person here is you, especially when you come in after it's been widely discussed and start it up yet again, and then expect someone to go out of their way to change something after being spoken to like that.
Great, it might seem you got the message then, even if you seem reluctant to admit it.

We look forward to your further reasoned , prepared and thoughtful posts.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

• Super Contributor
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2017, 01:17:08 am »
I got the message the first time I opened this thread, I never said that I didn't.

I'd say I'd look forward to your further reasoned, thoughtful, and prepared comments, but I have yet to see any evidence of that capability based on your previous comment, especially considering the lack of ability to understand that after four pages with 90% of the content being people bitching about the side of images, especially on the first page, that the point has been made blatantly obvious and the shitty attitude some people have clearly has not helped.

If one of the mods would like to lock off this thread go for it, because clearly the majority of people aren't able to just ignore something slightly inconvenient, or leave a discussion at rest after it's been beaten to death repeatedly, all I can see coming from this thread from now on is more people bitching and being pricks throwing around insults, which yes I am doing now because I'm sick and fucking tired of it.

The following users thanked this post: Ampera

Offline NiHaoMike

• Super Contributor
  • "Don't turn it on - Take it apart!"
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2017, 01:41:36 am »
As futureproof as high resolution goes, more resolution than a 5K display is clearly overkill for what we're trying to do here. 1080p is good enough for this and can be well under 1MB per image with acceptable quality. There are, however, cases where 1080p is going to be insufficient, such as a high detail scan of a large PCB.

I do have to say that the previews (for attached images) are too low of a resolution. Those should be upsized to at least 480p or maybe even 720p. Then the preview would be more useful in determining whether or not it's worth opening the full resolution image.
Cryptocurrency has taught me to love math and at the same time be baffled by it.

Cryptocurrency lesson 0: Altcoins and Bitcoin are not the same thing.

Offline joeqsmith

• Super Contributor
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2017, 02:04:14 am »
As long as you don't switch it live, it may handle a fair amount.  I wonder about the 3KV too.  looks like it could handle higher voltages.   

Online edpalmer42

• Super Contributor
« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2017, 02:16:59 am »
As long as you don't switch it live, it may handle a fair amount.  I wonder about the 3KV too.  looks like it could handle higher voltages.

I agree.  After all, this thing is mil spec.  I would expect a commercial voltage rating to be far higher than a military rating.

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2017, 03:24:08 am »
Yeah, that's one thing, I don't know if it's 3000v at only 5 amps or something like that.

5... amps? I really doubt that very much. Low hundreds of milliamps at the absolute most, more likely tens..

yeah, one person on reddit who saw this is a sonar tech so I'm going to ask him, maybe he will know more.

Cool. Looking forward to hearing what you learn.
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2017, 03:36:53 am »

Unfortunately it's a younger guy so he has no clue, I wonder if there's technical documentation out there or if it would still be classified.

I agree.  After all, this thing is mil spec.  I would expect a commercial voltage rating to be far higher than a military rating.

yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if it was over engineered, I'm just curious what the actual current rating would be, if I knew what specific part of the sonar system this controlled it might help.

considering it's 3kv, maybe it would be one of the crt displays? That would be high voltage, and fairly low current, and would explain the discharge resistors, although crt's are generally in he 9-11kv range right?

maybe it goes to the transponder that actually makes the pulse.

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2017, 07:54:53 am »

Unfortunately it's a younger guy so he has no clue, I wonder if there's technical documentation out there or if it would still be classified.

I'm not familiar with Canadian demilitarization practices. If you have a relevant museum nearby, maybe take photos with you and see if anyone recognizes it. Volunteers at a Canadian aviation museum I went to once were a veritable library on the equipment they flew or maintained during their time in the military.
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf