What those of us who are a bit older fail to realise,is that a generation has arisen to whom incandescent bulbs are unfamiliar.
For many of us,our first experience with electric circuits was the electric "torch",or flashlight.
They were often quite grotty,& somewhere along the line,would fail,& kids would try to "fix" them.
We would usually find that we could make the "torch globe" illuminate,& that bit of information was squirreled away in the back of our minds.
Modern LED flashlights just keep on working,so you don't get to play with them.
Another thing we learnt about was candles---they were regarded as dangerous things,& our Mothers warned us about the fire risk.
Kerosene lamps were commonly available or emergency use,so candles were a lamp of last resort.
Modern Electricity supplies are very reliable,so most modern young people have never seen a kero" lamp,& their only associations with candles are pleasant ones.
When there is a power failure,out come the candles,which because of the lack of knowledge of their dangers,are left unattended near curtains,drapes.etc.
The result:- another of the spate of house fires which often follow power outages.