Author Topic: How can I delete my account here?  (Read 23120 times)

Offline bloguetronicaTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
How can I delete my account here?
« on: August 19, 2018, 05:30:17 pm »
Hi,

Does anyone know how I can delete my account here, posts and all? I want to "bugger off" from here too. Already "buggered off" from EEVBlog subs on YouTube and Twitter too.

Any mods that want to ban me for good are appreciated. That is one way to do it.

Kind regards, Samuel Lourenço

P.S.: Post and all would be to childish. But delete my account please. I won't contribute to EEVBlog, in any shape or form, in order to fulfill Dave's request, attached to this message.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 05:38:18 pm by bloguetronica »

Offline Beamin

• Super Contributor
  • If you think my Boobs are big you should see my ba
Re: How can I delete my account here?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 06:58:28 pm »
That's childish. Why doesn't he just not post on the site? The internet doesn't make you visit web pages. Also if he was trying to make dave look bad it back fired.
Max characters: 300; characters remaining: 191
Images in your signature must be no greater than 500x25 pixels

The following users thanked this post: daqq, thm_w, james_s

Online Gyro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 07:07:27 pm »
Looking back through your post history, it would be a shame to see someone who consistently contributes intelligent and polite posts leave.

Personally I come here to contribute to the eevblog forum community and very rarely look at any of the blogs. Maybe you should just stop viewing and commenting on them and stick to the forum.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 07:09:06 pm by Gyro »
Best Regards, Chris

The following users thanked this post: Beamin

Offline Beamin

• Super Contributor
  • If you think my Boobs are big you should see my ba
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 07:28:32 pm »
Dave may have opinions that's what makes him fun to watch but you have to admit the content is above all others. Getting along is more fun.
Max characters: 300; characters remaining: 191
Images in your signature must be no greater than 500x25 pixels

Online langwadt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 07:46:59 pm »
That's childish. Why doesn't he just not post on the site?

then no one would notice ...

Offline Ampera

• Super Contributor
    • Ampera's Forums
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2018, 08:01:35 pm »
That's childish. Why doesn't he just not post on the site?

then no one would notice ...

Of course, he has to spread the fact that someone called him mean things over the internet in response to a comment (of which we cannot see, encouragingly enough) and told him to bugger off on his own accord, so we can all feel bad for him.

If Dave wanted you gone, you wouldn't be here whining about it, and I've never known him to ban someone from here for any reason besides being an actual disturbance to the forums, not just for saying a few mean things to him.

I forget who I am sometimes, but then I remember that it's probably not worth remembering.
EEVBlog IRC Admin - Join us on irc.austnet.org #eevblog

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2018, 08:28:52 pm »
Hi,

Well, lets say if I wanted to do bad publicity, I would post the whole comments here. in fact, Dave made all the bad publicity for himself, IMHO. I only tried to be reasonable, although I admit that I just got fed up by all that sensationalism. I mean, I think it is not hard to get an LM2776 and make the actual measurements. It is not a bad chip, and won't ruin your day by any means.

In fact, I used it on the very worst conditions, got it to produce an enormous ripple of 200mVpp and used it to supply an LDO that was set to -4.5V (yup, less than 500mV of margin!). Didn't ruined my day, although admittedly that was far from ideal and my design was constrained by the limitations of USB so I had to do this. The proper LDO and a filters saved my day.

The bottom of my point is that many engineers and hobbyists know that any charge pump will produce noise. In fact, you would get the same result if you took a capacitor and inverted it frequently on top of your supply. To the people who don't know, there is no need to bash the damn chip when there are other chips that are much worse. Yes, ripple varies with temperature and load, but that is not a big deal if you over engineer your design in order to accommodate mishaps. A sound design always has enough margin, plus some more, for what can go wrong.

Anyways, back to the main topic. I already published my comments on this subject on my Twitter, even to the point of showing the whole thread. Dave did a poor job for himself, IMHO, and did all by himself. I don't need to help him to fulfill the job of the victim. Anyway, there are lots of people already defending him, even if he likes to bash Owon scopes and what not, for any unreasonable and totally biased motive (for the lack of better words, because if it doesn't cost at least $300, it must be crap, right? [sarcasm]). If I had a channel, I would treat my subscribers with dignity. If you wish to see the whole thread, it is on YouTube. It is self-explanatory, sufficiently bad for Dave, and I have nothing to add.

I wanted to go silently, but I don't see any option for deleting my account. I did unsubbed on YouTube and Twitter without emmiting any sort of explanation, though. Anyways, there are many other forums I can join and I'm just a user who has 70 posts. Not a big loss. Not playing the victim part here, and my attachment was just in provocation to the mods. I don't care if I get banned, although I wish to stay respectful and truthful.

Well, there is a simple way to end this. Change my PW to unknown. A form of encryption, if you wish. Then I won't have the temptation to post further.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 08:42:44 pm by bloguetronica »

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2018, 08:38:48 pm »
Here is the post Dave replied to. It was edited, so dunno if it is completely what Dave replied to. In my opinion that post is really stupid and does not resemble what video was about. I did not notice any rant in the video, or saying that particular chip is bad. You don't need to choose some relatively bad chip to show traps for young players. IMO Dave's reply was quite justified. If you get own medicine back, then have the guts to not be offended.
Bloguetrónica
1 day ago (edited)
Gee, how can I answer to that! The same answer I gave to Marcin Berman applies to you Dave. Never said it was not worth talking about. I'm simply saying that the ripple of this little chip, the LM2776, is not actually bad! Yes, it is not anything new that charge pumps are noisy: you only have to use them taking the proper measurements. All charge pumps are noisy! Read my comment, please!

In the end, and that is the main focus of my initial comment, there is no real reason to pick the LM2776 to rant about. The LMC7660 is probably worse because of the lower ripple frequency that is harder to filter out at its input (although most regulators will probably reject better frequencies on the lower ens, so the output ripple is not much of a problem). The Maxim part is just utter crap. Just 20mA, what for? A fantastic gargantuan ripple of 300mV at just 10mA of load? So, I don't understand the reason behind the LM2776 rant when you have here a much better example. I mean, the MAX1044 is a real trap for young players and seasoned engineers alike, if they decide to use it!

As for your so called "trap"? You've shown some valid points but you must take into consideration that 50mVpp and below for some loads is pretty good. You have some peaks, and the data sheet does not lie about it. You could bring this to attention without saying that the varying ripple can ruin the day, or something. That is an exaggeration, and that is essentially the focus of my comment. That rant I didn't appreciated. It just makes you look biased (I think many of your videos are somewhat biased, IMHO, just saying). Take into account that most charge pumps will easily show 200mVpp at the output! The LM2776 is actually quite a beast, and has a ripple frequency that is very high for a charge pump.

Final comment in a nutshell: please do not exaggerate by brewing tragedies where they don't exist. Also, try not to be biased, or when you do, just be honest and say that it is your opinion and that you don't have actual measurements to back up your claims (referring to other videos, like Owon scopes tear downs, and the like). Your bias and exaggeration annoy many people in the blogosphere, some to the point of frustration.

Just too add: one of the critiques I've read states that you have a habit of bashing anything that is not lab grade (or costs at least $300), and forget that many people don't have the $$$ to buy proper lab gear. However, kudos to your recent multimeter and cheap soldering iron reviews. I like to give credit where it is due.

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2018, 08:47:49 pm »
Hi wraper,

Yes, that was the post that Dave replied. Made no edits since. Sometimes I misspell things and I have to edit and edit. But I don't take my word back. Dave did exaggerated, and although is doesn't seem much to you, that was the drop that made me fill the cup. Really, he is borderline tiring when he does this over and over, video after video. And I'm not the only one.

Anyways, won't reply further. I feel that my attitude is justified, and I have to bugger off.

Offline Ampera

• Super Contributor
    • Ampera's Forums
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2018, 08:50:00 pm »
If there is a comment made with, "As for your so called" anything, I immediately lose faith in the author.

Your comment was written with an unnecessary level of vitriol. I am not surprised Dave snapped back at you, regardless of if your arguments were valid or not.

If you want your comments and criticisms to be taken seriously in any respect, you don't write that you're upset over their biased rant. It shows you to be an immature twat who doesn't actually give a shit about the content of the video, and is only there to rail on the content.

They say the moment you turn the debate into an argument you loose, and you sir, have fallen flat on your ass fresh out of the gate.
I forget who I am sometimes, but then I remember that it's probably not worth remembering.
EEVBlog IRC Admin - Join us on irc.austnet.org #eevblog

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2018, 08:56:14 pm »
He did not exaggerate anything. And the only person ranting was you. All that video was about is to look into datasheets in detail as there might be some non obvious things/issues. That chip was just an example and not the point of the video. Heck, even switched capacitor ICs as such wasn't the point of the video. You completely missed the point of the video and made unjustified and rude comment.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 08:58:07 pm by wraper »

The following users thanked this post: PointyOintment, 3db

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2018, 09:01:44 pm »
Hi wraper,

Yes, that was the post that Dave replied. Made no edits since. Sometimes I misspell things and I have to edit and edit. But I don't take my word back. Dave did exaggerated, and although is doesn't seem much to you, that was the drop that made me fill the cup. Really, he is borderline tiring when he does this over and over, video after video. And I'm not the only one.

Anyways, won't reply further. I feel that my attitude is justified, and I have to bugger off.

That's sad.

You could with some effort prove him wrong.....we all are at times, even Dave.

BTW, you can't 'close' your A/c, you can only delete each of your posts but not threads, only the content.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2018, 09:03:48 pm »
You've shown some valid points but you must take into consideration that 50mVpp and below for some loads is pretty good.
For example this completely misses the point. How good or bad is the chip compared to others is completely irrelevant. The point is that if you look into things superficially, you may get unexpected results in certain circumstances. Be it even the best chip in the whole universe.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 09:07:51 pm by wraper »

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2018, 09:17:26 pm »
In the end, and that is the main focus of my initial comment, there is no real reason to pick the LM2776 to rant about. The LMC7660 is probably worse because of the lower ripple frequency that is harder to filter out at its input (although most regulators will probably reject better frequencies on the lower ens, so the output ripple is not much of a problem). The Maxim part is just utter crap.
And this is so irrelevant to the content of the video that looks like you did not even watch the whole of it. 7660 was actually mentioned in the video and does not have behavior discussed in the video - rapidly changing parameters due to certain feature in the chip  :palm:. Again video was not about how good or bad chip is but to watch out for gotchas.

The following users thanked this post: EEVblog, thm_w, tooki, DJbarro

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2018, 09:41:08 pm »
No one's making you watch the bloody videos.

To be brutally honest, although I like a lot of Dave's videos, he isn't my favourite YouTube blogger. I think some of his videos are crap, but I don't go on ranting about how bad they are. I prefer not to comment, unless it's something constructive which could help, but it's mostly just my opinion. I like the forum and find more useful information here, than on any video blog, so I hang around here more and seldom watch any of Dave's videos these days.

Offline TerraHertz

• Super Contributor
  • Why shouldn't we question everything?
    • It's not really a Blog
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2018, 10:52:41 pm »
"How can I delete my account here?"

A simple procedure:
1. Open a text editor.
2. Type some random characters, say about 30, on one line. Enough that you can't memorize them.
3. Select the string, ctl-c copy to clipboard.
4. Delete the string, close the editor.
5. Go to your forum profile page, account settings.
6. Paste your random string into both fields for new password.
7. Enter your existing password in the verify field.
8. Click 'Change Profile' button.
9. Log out.

Congratulations, your account now effectively ceased to exist (for you.)
I hope you have found this helpful.
Collecting old scopes, logic analyzers, and unfinished projects. http://everist.org

The following users thanked this post: EEVblog, nugglix, Ysjoelfir, Cubdriver

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2018, 11:02:56 pm »
"How can I delete my account here?"
You forgot about email to lock ability to recover password.

Online M4trix

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2018, 11:20:37 pm »
C'mon guys, stop pouring oil over the fire.

@Bloguetrónica,

calm down mate. 'Bugger off' is part of the Aussies slang. You should turn your sensitivity trimmer to low !   ;)

The following users thanked this post: fonograph

Offline lowimpedance

• Super Contributor
  • Watts in an ohm?
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2018, 12:02:44 am »
I like the forum and find more useful information here, than on any video blog, so I hang around here more and seldom watch any of Dave's videos these days.
I agree, and this is the point that the forum is its own entity. The video blog is not a prerequisite to participating on the forums.
Actually to me the video part is mostly entertainment when something looks interesting but the forum is where the true value is.
The odd multimeter or 2 or 3 or 4...or........can't remember !.

The following users thanked this post: wraper, Ampera

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2018, 12:04:49 am »
Hi,

Does anyone know how I can delete my account here, posts and all? I want to "bugger off" from here too. Already "buggered off" from EEVBlog subs on YouTube and Twitter too.

Eh - just step away for a week and simmer down. It ain't no big deal.  :)
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2018, 12:09:53 am »
C'mon guys, stop pouring oil over the fire.

@Bloguetrónica,

calm down mate. 'Bugger off' is part of the Aussies slang. You should turn your sensitivity trimmer to low !   ;)

BTW he failed to mention that he had seen this "bugger off" only in email notification. Dave actually edited it to much milder phrase right away after leaving the comment on youtube, and bloguetronica posted unedited "bugger off" from email in the following comment for everyone to know. The most hilarious part is that bloguetronica makes this drama after writing himself:
Final comment in a nutshell: please do not exaggerate by brewing tragedies where they don't exist.

:palm: It's frankly hilarious, first writing irrelevant, rude and disrespectful comments, then after receiving "bugger off" reply (which was immediately withdrawn) feeling offended.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 12:19:43 am by wraper »

The following users thanked this post: PointyOintment, nugglix

Offline rstofer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2018, 12:14:40 am »
I thought the video hit on exactly the points it was intended to make.  You gotta read those datasheets and pay particular attention to the graphs.  Every number and every graph is a boundary on how you can apply the device.  They're there to protect the manufacturer by telling the engineer where the boundaries are located.  You have to color inside the lines!

Truth be known, I'll probably never use one of those chips.  None of them!  But the real point about reading the datasheet remains true.  There are lots of gotchas.

The following users thanked this post: wraper, xrunner, nugglix

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2018, 02:13:38 am »
P.S.: Post and all would be to childish. But delete my account please. I won't contribute to EEVBlog, in any shape or form, in order to fulfill Dave's request

:palm:
You just did contribute, and then contributed twice more after that  :palm:
I won't ban you, if you don't want to contribute here any more, just stop. If you don't want the temptation any more, TerraHertz provided a nice mechanism to help with that. If you still can't control yourself and just have to keep contributing here or on Youtube against your will after that, I'd suggest talking to a psychologist.

The following users thanked this post: SeanB, nugglix

Online joeqsmith

• Super Contributor
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2018, 02:23:34 am »
I'm Joe Q Smith and I'm an EEVBLOG addict. 

Step 1 completed.   

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2018, 02:29:44 am »
In the end, and that is the main focus of my initial comment, there is no real reason to pick the LM2776 to rant about. The LMC7660 is probably worse because of the lower ripple frequency that is harder to filter out at its input (although most regulators will probably reject better frequencies on the lower ens, so the output ripple is not much of a problem). The Maxim part is just utter crap.
And this is so irrelevant to the content of the video that looks like you did not even watch the whole of it. 7660 was actually mentioned in the video and does not have behavior discussed in the video - rapidly changing parameters due to certain feature in the chip  :palm:

Yes, I specially showed the graph for and explained how the normal 7660 does not radically change modes (and hence ripple) like this with varying loads and temperature.

For reference, the entire Youtube thread.
He clearly already had his nickers in a knot, probably brewing for years, and it seems when I supposedly bad mouthed a chip he's used, that was the final straw. I've seen this countless times over the years, the resentment just festers up and then they finally snap over something fairly trivial, happens every day on Youtube.
IIRC he's been slyly attacking me in other comments for quite a while now.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf