Author Topic: How does this snake oil really work?  (Read 106523 times)

Offline mmartin49

Re: How does this snake oil really work?
« Reply #100 on: January 25, 2015, 10:22:52 am »
Endorsement (most recent one) by Matt McMahon, in his review of some of my recent output:
"Stone, this is yet another beautiful creation of yours. You're one of the smartest guys I know and there can really be no value put on the quality of your work. Great job. Beautiful contribution to the HHO community."

If you google that quote (from a "customer" I presume) you can find OP's web site... http://www.inventionaire.ca/HHO/50-50Box.html
Somehow, I don't think anything said here can change his mind.

Dave, that video was amazingly entertaining ! Thanks !

Offline TMM

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #101 on: January 25, 2015, 10:30:53 am »
What I find repulsive in this thread is people jumping on this guy, not for they understand better what's going on but because others are jumping on this guy.

For all his wrongs, the Stone guy experimented and attempted to understand what was going on. The fact that he didn't do it right is no reason for others to step on him.

Tell him why he was wrong, explain to him in clear language, and put your counter examples out there to help this guy understand electronics better.

Spitting on someone, especially when he is in a ditch, is disgusting.
Normally i would agree, however stone guy seems to have a problem with admitting that he is wrong. With replies like "I've been an avid student of the quantum vacuum for 16 years. Pretty sure I understand what I'm doing, thx." he is pretty much asking for it.

I do cringe every time i see an EEVBlog "<thing> is BULLSHIT!" video in my YT feed, i think Dave gets wound up a bit too much. Makes me slightly embarrassed to be an engineer for some reason...

Offline MrZwingTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • Ohh! what does this button do? *click*
« Reply #102 on: January 25, 2015, 10:38:47 am »
I do cringe every time i see an EEVBlog "<thing> is BULLSHIT!" video in my YT feed, i think Dave gets wound up a bit too much. Makes me slightly embarrassed to be an engineer for some reason...

Well I can understand somewhat your point.
But as a newbee I actually learned a great deal from the video even though I new Stones claims was BS from the beginning.
I though that video was a goldmine of information even if you exclude the mythbusting.

Yet again I thank everyone who has contributed to this thread, and a extra BIG thank you for Dave for taking his time to make a video about it. :-+
This forum is really starting to feel like home for me.

/MrZwing

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #103 on: January 25, 2015, 12:49:09 pm »

Glad you enjoyed it, that was the aim, rather than just pure myth busting I could have done in sub 10 minutes.

Offline lapm

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #104 on: January 25, 2015, 02:01:45 pm »
Maybe Dave should do another fundamentals friday, "a  free power edition...". Teaching how properly measure energy coming in and energy consumed...  ;)
Electronics, Linux, Programming, Science... im interested all of it...

Offline FrankBuss

• Supporter
    • Frank Buss
« Reply #105 on: January 25, 2015, 03:11:15 pm »
Maybe Dave should do another fundamentals friday, "a  free power edition...". Teaching how properly measure energy coming in and energy consumed...  ;)
No need for complicated energy measurements. Just connect the output to the input and then it should run on its own, maybe driving a motor for some days, without any battery or other external power supply. No one built such a device so far (with independent prove that it works), so all such "free energy" devices are bullshit.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Electronics, hiking, retro-computing, electronic music etc.: https://www.youtube.com/c/FrankBussProgrammer

Online Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #106 on: January 25, 2015, 03:14:47 pm »
A shitkicked year old alkaline Costco issue Kirkland will NOT 'give at least 3 watt hours'.
Check the independent quotes from others online who have published their testing of many kinds/brands of AA battery. You will find that this grade of Alkaline give out something much closer to the value I suggest in the video - around 2,184mAh, times the average of 1.1 V, gives you a total output of 2,310 mWh.

...which is about 80% of 3 watt hours - switching to milliamps doesn't change the value!

(Some of these answers are priceless.   :-DD  )

Offline SL4P

• Super Contributor
  • There's more value if you figure it out yourself!
« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2015, 11:02:55 pm »
I'd like to give credit to ManOfStone - if only for 'manning up' to stand his ground and respond in a largely coherent and adult way. 

HOWEVER, it can't be ignored that his head is firmly buried in the sand, as he repeatedly refuses to acknowledge weaknesses in the original proposition - despite the facts it's not even his own concept!

All this to-ing and fro-ing has now reached a point of complete and utter irrelevance.
MOS had a novelty video. The underlying theory was debunked and a rational horde would move on to revisit the principals - to see if something valuable could be salvaged from the smoking wreck.

Maybe pigs can fly.  Dave - make a video please?
Don't ask a question if you aren't willing to listen to the answer.

Offline dannyf

• Super Contributor
« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2015, 11:12:47 pm »
No one built such a device so far (with independent prove that it works), so all such "free energy" devices are bullshit.

That's probably a little simpleton.

Absence of evidence is no evidence of absence. Before someone built an airplane, no one had built an airplane - does that mean "airplane" is BS?

You can easily extend that to thousands of things we take for granted today.

================================
https://dannyelectronics.wordpress.com/

Offline tom66

• Super Contributor
  • Electronics Hobbyist & FPGA/Embedded Systems EE
« Reply #109 on: January 26, 2015, 12:18:19 am »
If free energy / overunity is to be possible, I would not expect it to come from something as benign as an LCR circuit. Such a circuit is well studied and understood. It would be from the "quantum vacuum" (or insert two other science-sounding words), or some other esoteric, poorly understood phenomenon, probably at the subatomic level. We could use a "zero point module" to extract the energy.

Offline dannyf

• Super Contributor
« Reply #110 on: January 26, 2015, 12:31:34 am »
Maybe pigs can fly.

I can remove your doubt there: pigs DO fly.
================================
https://dannyelectronics.wordpress.com/

Offline SL4P

• Super Contributor
« Reply #111 on: January 26, 2015, 12:33:57 am »
If free energy / overunity is to be possible, I would not expect it to come from something as benign as an LCR circuit. Such a circuit is well studied and understood. It would be from the "quantum vacuum" (or insert two other science-sounding words), or some other esoteric, poorly understood phenomenon, probably at the subatomic level. We could use a "zero point module" to extract the energy.
I've always been fascinated by the concept of two parallel spinning disks or masses - mounted on air-bearings or similar - always replacing their own volume as they spin. (Not ignoring the friction effect of surface currents).

Engaging these two identical masses - probably electromagnetically - to transfer motive energy back and forth between driver / driven coils on their facing surfaces. 

Pure fantasy, I realise, but this has been in my mind literally for years.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 12:37:39 am by SL4P »

Offline SL4P

• Super Contributor
« Reply #112 on: January 26, 2015, 12:34:59 am »
Maybe pigs can fly.

I can remove your doubt there: pigs DO fly.
I feel better already.  The pills are working.

Offline Quarlo Klobrigney

• Frequent Contributor
  • This Space For Rent
« Reply #113 on: January 26, 2015, 02:01:51 am »
You people are rather cruel to Man Of Stone. You totally disregard his study of the Quantum Vacuum. I too am a student of the Quantum Vacuum.
I can truthfully say here in this forum, that it out performs the Dyson and the Oreck hands down.
Nothing picks up the deep down dirt, even in the deepest shag carpet, like the Quantum Vacuum.
And bags are a thing of the past!. Simply empty, and rinse with ordinary tap water. It's ready to go.
For all your tough cleaning, choose the Quantum Vacuum.

That's about all Man Of Stone knows from his "studies" of the Quantum Vacuum.............
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 11:21:19 am by Quarlo Klobrigney »
Voltage does not flow, nor does voltage go.

Offline mrkev

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #114 on: January 26, 2015, 02:08:25 am »
A shitkicked year old alkaline Costco issue Kirkland will NOT 'give at least 3 watt hours'.
Check the independent quotes from others online who have published their testing of many kinds/brands of AA battery. You will find that this grade of Alkaline give out something much closer to the value I suggest in the video - around 2,184mAh, times the average of 1.1 V, gives you a total output of 2,310 mWh.

...which is about 80% of 3 watt hours - switching to milliamps doesn't change the value!

(Some of these answers are priceless.   :-DD  )

Well, he didn't even used those 3 watt hours. Based on video, he had 64mA maximum current and 17mA minimum. He wrongly thinks that the discharging was linear, but because the circuit takes less current as the input voltage drops, the current curve is exponential - Dropping quickly from 64mA and than staying at lower currents... You can even see that at the video, since the first drop over 12hours is to value about 46mA - almost his claimed average, so he is 14 hours off...
The average current was most likely somewhere below 30mA. Take it with average voltage 1,1V over 52 hours, you'll get 1,7Wh. Which is most likely what he actually got from that battery, (as he claimed he used it for powering some projects before); and that could be the problem why he is so crazy about this.

Offline Kean

• Supporter
  • Embedded systems & IT consultant
    • Kean Electronics
« Reply #115 on: January 26, 2015, 03:36:37 am »
ManOfStone neets to buy himself a Mooshimeter!  :-DMM

Offline mamalala

• Supporter
« Reply #116 on: January 26, 2015, 04:03:50 am »
No need for complicated energy measurements. Just connect the output to the input and then it should run on its own, maybe driving a motor for some days, without any battery or other external power supply. No one built such a device so far (with independent prove that it works), so all such "free energy" devices are bullshit.

I was about to post something similar. Doesn't even need to be a "power-hungry" motor. A single LED would be sufficient. To decouple (electrically) the output that is fed back to the input, simply use an isolated DC/DC converter. It's quiescent current is very likely to be lower than what his 20+ LED's use. So all that the circuit has to power is the isolated converter and a single LED. Add a buffer cap at the circuits input. Once it is running, flip a switch that toggles the input between the battery and the output of the converter.

If, as that guy claims, the circuit is producing more energy out than in, the LED should stay lit indefinitely.

Also, another good hint that "more energy out than in" is not real: the vast majority of our electricity is produced in fuel burning power plants. If any of that overunity stuff were real, those companies would be all over it. Imagine, they could charge you the same price for electricity, while not having to spend a penny on fuel. Which means way more profit for them. And they are good at scaling things up as well. Doesn't matter if all a single, simple circuit can drive is a few mA at a few volts. They would simply scale it up massively, be it by making the circuit itself beefier, or by simply massively paralleling millions of them.

That none of these two things ever happened is a very, very good indicator that this "overunity" stuff is bullshit. No small scale demo that runs for a year without any battery, nor any electricity companies increasing their profits that way.

Greetings,

Chris

Offline con-f-use

• Supporter
« Reply #117 on: January 26, 2015, 07:18:21 am »
Okay, that's not that good an argument because just scaling up might not be so easy. If the efficiency is close to but still above unity you might have losses else where. It might not be economical to scale up.

But it's not that a lot of people UNSUCCESSFULLY looked for such processes for A LONG TIME. We can detect stuff that's 12 billion light years away. We can see the weirdest, most energetic events in the universe. NEVER have we seen energy being created out of nothing on any scale including "quantum vacuum". That should be enough to be very sceptic. If it involves two transistors, a coil, a bit of wire, LEDs and an AA battery, chances are at least one of the seven billion people on this earth has tried it.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #118 on: January 26, 2015, 07:58:46 am »
Maybe pigs can fly.  Dave - make a video please?

I have, 38 seconds in:

Offline Biggsy

• a bodge too far
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #119 on: January 26, 2015, 01:17:52 pm »
ManOfStone,  Please repeat the experiment with a tiny watch battery instead of an AA.  That will be more convincing than saying the AA is depleted.

Offline G7PSK

• Super Contributor
  • It is hot until proved not.
« Reply #120 on: January 26, 2015, 02:31:48 pm »
I think you will love this other video by man of stone, would appear that he is worried about nano tube particles ans semiconductors turning him into a human RFID chip.

http://youtu.be/KY-NZP3de08

From his you tube video. "ALUMINUM OXIDE, BARIUM AND STRONTIUM -THAT'S NOT ALL

There is new evidence out, from several highly accredited sources/people, that chemtrails contain:
-nano tube sized threads (to carry the rest of the evil to you)
-semiconductors (to communicate/turn you into a human RFID chip)
-red blood cells, containing GNA/PNA (simpler forms of DNA, that are easier to manipulate) that will change YOUR DNA
-virii and bacterium to mess with your physiology (pathogens) and kill you sooner

Yes, the truth is out - they are moving to cause a DE-evolution of our species."

:-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD

Offline Galenbo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #121 on: January 26, 2015, 03:12:54 pm »

It makes me ashamed as an engineer that other engineers stand BULLSHIT without any problem when it's sugared enough, and cant't stand anyone debunking it with facts. Whatever the kind of language used.
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a nonworking cat.

The following users thanked this post: jpc

Offline Galenbo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #122 on: January 26, 2015, 03:17:29 pm »

Glad you enjoyed it, that was the aim, rather than just pure myth busting I could have done in sub 10 minutes.

For me, there was no need to prove that there's no quantum vacuum or overunit etc involved, nor led and volts and currents,
but I absolutely like the way it is explained in the video.

Very fundamentally founded facts, simple explication, and a great way to put everything together.
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a nonworking cat.

Offline keethrax

• Contributor
« Reply #123 on: January 26, 2015, 06:17:29 pm »
No one built such a device so far (with independent prove that it works), so all such "free energy" devices are bullshit.

That's probably a little simpleton.

Absence of evidence is no evidence of absence. Before someone built an airplane, no one had built an airplane - does that mean "airplane" is BS?

You can easily extend that to thousands of things we take for granted today.

Sort of. On the other hand, if someone at that point in time said 'I built an airplane!', the burden of proof would be on them, not everyone else. And being something revolutionary, it had better be pretty thorough.

Offline Quarlo Klobrigney

• Frequent Contributor
  • This Space For Rent
« Reply #124 on: January 26, 2015, 07:59:26 pm »
And then there's this, his own HHO water resonance cracking device:
http://www.inventionaire.ca/HHO/50-50Box.html
So please tell me what exactly is the frequency of H2O when it is to be cracked?
Damned if I know.
It seems you don't know either.
The device is variable over a frequency range of  9.5 Hz to 256 KHz to crack your local water supply, into Hydrogen and Oxygen.
All of us know of course, that the exact water "crack spot" will vary in frequency do to the sunspot cycle and moon phase.
And so cheap. Only $997 to purchase such a fine bit of handmade shit kit.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 08:08:23 pm by Quarlo Klobrigney »
Voltage does not flow, nor does voltage go.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf