Author Topic: How NOT to modify graphics cards  (Read 7363 times)

Offline AmperaTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • Ampera's Forums
Re: How NOT to modify graphics cards
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2017, 12:44:52 am »
10/10 bump/necropost.
I forget who I am sometimes, but then I remember that it's probably not worth remembering.
EEVBlog IRC Admin - Join us on irc.austnet.org #eevblog

Offline drussell

• Super Contributor
  • Hardcore Geek
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2017, 12:59:00 am »
OMG... OMG...  !!?!  How does this kind of crap have 4.5m subscribers?!  :palm:

So much commercialized garbage, corporate shill-a-thon!...  :palm:

I guess we all missed the boat...  Should be making retarded U-toob Videoz, I guess.  :palm:

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2017, 01:01:23 am »

I guess we all missed the boat...  Should be making retarded U-toob Videoz, I guess.  :palm:
Oh dear. I gather you don't want to look at the most popular Youtube channels.

• Super Contributor
    • Ampera's Forums
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2017, 01:40:18 am »

Remind me to not crack jokes near you, they might be stupid ways of making money.
I forget who I am sometimes, but then I remember that it's probably not worth remembering.

Offline xani

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2017, 09:38:34 am »
But... he's not funny, he's just utterly incompetent

If watching incompetent people doing utterly retarded stuff is your jam go ahead, but do not be suprised people on tech forums do not like this clown

• Super Contributor
    • Ampera's Forums
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2017, 10:15:24 am »
But... he's not funny, he's just utterly incompetent

If watching incompetent people doing utterly retarded stuff is your jam go ahead, but do not be suprised people on tech forums do not like this clown

Considering FailArmy is not only a thing, but a successful thing, and AFV, one of the longest running and most successful TV shows of all time consists largely of people doing stupid stuff, call me crazy, but I think it may be you missing the point, instead of it being a crap video.

Well, I mean it is a crap video, but that is the point in a way.

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2017, 09:01:38 pm »
I have to agree, Linus makes me cringe, I can't bare to watch his videos. I did watch the one he did a while back on the Ubiquiti Powerbeam which was barely more than an unboxing, but that video (along with most of them) demonstrates he really doesn't have all that much technical knowledge. While he isn't what I'd call "clever" in a technical sense, he's clever in how he has created and marketed his image and channel. He appeals to a certain audience, but my opinion is, that audience isn't your engineers or highly tech-savvy user. His material seems to be targeted at those in their teens/early 20's who just want to watch "cool shit". The majority of his content seems to be based around whatever free crap manufacturers will throw at him.

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Offline xani

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2017, 09:49:31 am »
If I'm in mood for brainless content, instead of "utterly stupid touching tech",  I vastly prefer "tech used to do something utterly stupid" like thermite launcher

• Super Contributor
    • Ampera's Forums
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2017, 02:46:33 pm »
If I'm in mood for brainless content, instead of "utterly stupid touching tech",  I vastly prefer "tech used to do something utterly stupid" like thermite launcher

Welp, he's the kinda stupid to put a giant steel bunker under his back garden for a promotion from the BBC. I mean it's a damn cool bunker, but wow, people do weird shit for money.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2017, 03:02:14 pm »
Welp, he's the kinda stupid to put a giant steel bunker under his back garden for a promotion from the BBC. I mean it's a damn cool bunker, but wow, people do weird shit for money.
I don't think its just for the money. You get to do something cool, get money and make someone else happy in the process. That's why the subject of doing sponsored content is so complicated. Finding the right balance between being able to do more, personal gain and making things better can be troublesome.

Offline iampoor

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2017, 09:27:00 pm »

Kinda stupid? I don't think someone gets to that point because they are stupid. He has a very unique brand to say the least!

Also if you look at what Colin did as a hobby before all the sponsord content....you will quickly discover he was just as insane before.  ;D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf