Author Topic: How to make money in electronics, uController ???  (Read 14445 times)

Offline GalenboTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Re: How to make money in electronics, uController ???
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2014, 11:41:36 am »
Yep, easy money for not a lot of effort.  That is exactly why I did it.  I also had access to a decent machine shop, and made money on the side making widgets for people.  That made me more money than fixing electronics.  It was also less frustrating.  :-+

I'm not searching for repairing cables and replacing hard drives. Not for a 6 euro/hours student job.

Anyone else an idea to make a living in electronics, uController, for somebody with my background?
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a nonworking cat.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2014, 10:44:09 pm »
What is your background (perhaps I missed it)?
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline gregariz

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2014, 12:16:58 am »
One avenue that maybe is worth a look depending on your experience is browsing the grants and or government contract database. I find it a good place to look and see what sort of things people are wanting.

But my opinion on the whole issue is rather downbeat. I think the kind of quit your job and run with it days of just building something to sell are long gone. I think you are better to midnight engineer and see if you can get something going that way so that you don't sacrifice your livelihood. It's too hard to find new jobs and takes too long. On top of that most of what appears to be sold now (eg through seeed) appear to mostly compete on price.

In my personal case its more like... move to where you can get as high a paying job as possible (probably the US) ... save your money and buy real estate back home. Travel home often enough that you don't lose touch.

Offline GalenboTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2014, 08:31:25 am »
What is your background (perhaps I missed it)?

Bachelor electronics
Master in electromechanics, automatisation
Expierience as tech in machinery, Bobcats, Oldtimers, Forklifts, Building cranes, Gensets.
Programming PLC, Labview, HMI, C for PIC

If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a nonworking cat.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf