Author Topic: HP LogicDart E2310A - help needed please  (Read 3618 times)

Offline FraserTopic starter

• Super Contributor
HP LogicDart E2310A - help needed please
« on: January 25, 2011, 08:20:51 pm »
I have just managed to buy a Hewlett Packard E2310A LogicDart as a replacement for my elderly logic probe.

The LogicDart was discontinued in 2004 and Agilent no longer support it but it does look a pretty useful device for logic monitoring with 3 channels and 100MS/s sampling rate. For my basic needs it should work well.

Now the bad news. My unit is 'as new' but without the probes. I thought I could modify the unit to take some DIY probes instead of the OEM units with bespoke plugs. There isn't a great deal of useful info on the probes available so I would very much appreciate any comment that can be offered on the content of the probes. There is at least one report that they may contain electronics and will not work without the OEM probes fitted, but I have yet to see this confirmed. Would a kind person with one of these units be willing to check the resistance across the probe tip to Ground, probe tip to signal output connector pin and signal output connector pin to Ground connector pin. I am trying to ascertain if the probes are active or passive and whether any matching network/potential divider is in use. The probes are very small and I don't see a need for them to be active but HP may have thought otherwise !

As an additional comment.... the LogicDart can self test the probes by inserting them in the CH1 position which interestingly is the only Channel capable of resistance and continuity measurements so is an I/O port rather than input only. My hope is that the probes contain a resistance that the self check mode looks for to ensure the probe lead is serviceable.

Any assistance with this little challenge would be greatly appreciated. My LogicDart is currently on it's way from the USA to the UK so sadly I cannot investigate it's input circuitry yet.

Many thanks in advance
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 08:52:15 pm by Aurora »
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf