Author Topic: I Am Waiting For The EEVBlog Exclusive  (Read 8084 times)

Offline SionynTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
I Am Waiting For The EEVBlog Exclusive
« on: July 28, 2015, 02:40:21 pm »
i guess it was bound to happen sooner or later
eecs guy

Offline rollatorwieltje

• Supporter
  • I brick your boards.
Re: I Am Waiting For The EEVBlog Exclusive
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 04:06:39 pm »
A paper magazine for a target audience that pretty much grew up with free digital media? Seems like a solid business plan.

Offline TerraHertz

• Super Contributor
  • Why shouldn't we question everything?
    • It's not really a Blog
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 05:14:51 am »
A paper magazine for a target audience that pretty much grew up with free digital media? Seems like a solid business plan.

What I was thinking. It's an Internet Age upgrade of the Oxymoron.
Also, I don't see any cats or tortoises. So they just don't get it.

(Do not google tortoises at the moment. Instead, google SexyCyborg. You'll be glad you did. Your wife, not so much.)
Collecting old scopes, logic analyzers, and unfinished projects. http://everist.org

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 05:32:29 am »
 :scared:

Offline helius

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 05:44:21 am »
You might assume that readers have to buy copies for a magazine to survive, but that isn't the case.
Huge numbers are given away; this data will be listed annually in a small section of the publication.
Lord knows I never paid for Electronics Design, but they kept sending it throughout my school days.  ^-^

Offline TerraHertz

• Super Contributor
    • It's not really a Blog
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 05:50:39 am »
You might assume that readers have to buy copies for a magazine to survive, but that isn't the case.
Huge numbers are given away; this data will be listed annually in a small section of the publication.
Lord knows I never paid for Electronics Design, but they kept sending it throughout my school days.  ^-^

Let's put it another way: Advertisers who pay for printed media space, hoping to be seen by internet-age young people, have a very strange business model.
Collecting old scopes, logic analyzers, and unfinished projects. http://everist.org

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 06:48:59 am »
They contacted me, I'll be on the next issues front cover in a mankini holding a soldering iron.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2015, 07:02:39 am »
They contacted me, I'll be on the next issues front cover in a mankini holding a soldering iron.
:-DD

:popcorn:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 07:13:05 am by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline TerraHertz

• Super Contributor
    • It's not really a Blog
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2015, 07:21:23 am »

Sounds hot!

Edit: I guess the pic view count is how many people I've traumatized. Today.
Sorry I can't compete with SexyCyborg.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 07:27:04 am by TerraHertz »

Offline timofonic

• Frequent Contributor
  • Eternal Wannabe Geek
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2015, 10:28:21 am »

What I was thinking. It's an Internet Age upgrade of the Oxymoron.
Also, I don't see any cats or tortoises. So they just don't get it.

(Do not google tortoises at the moment. Instead, google SexyCyborg. You'll be glad you did. Your wife, not so much.)

Sounds hot!

But that Shenzhen woman is mostly fake:
- Fake boobs.
- Fake body, she always poses to look more athletic than she is.
- Fake electronics skills. She usually instrumentalizes her body to get free labour from EEs and geeks.
- She's a fake Japanese: She tries to copy latest Japanese trendy fashion such as those pussy lightning skirts.

A real geek woman is sexier even with less boobs and fashion awareness. But don't put Ladyada on thr list, please.

You are okay! Some posing lessons and photoshopping will make you sexier than Sexycyborg ;)

Offline SL4P

• Super Contributor
  • There's more value if you figure it out yourself!
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2015, 11:21:10 am »
Dave,
I'm not sure I want to know, but how and where will you be holding the 'hot iron'?
Don't ask a question if you aren't willing to listen to the answer.

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2015, 11:23:54 am »

Sounds hot!

Could be much worse!

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2015, 11:32:00 am »
I'm told the swipe action also works on real pages too, so the kids will be able to browse the magazine... until they go looking for the like button.

@Terrahertz: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!11!!!!one!!!1!! My eyes!!!! Make that image go away!

McBryce.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2015, 11:35:55 am »
Sounds hot!

Where are all the calls of sexism!?

P.S. Who is SexyCyborg?

Offline TerraHertz

• Super Contributor
    • It's not really a Blog
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2015, 11:54:39 am »
I'm told the swipe action also works on real pages too, so the kids will be able to browse the magazine... until they go looking for the like button.

@Terrahertz: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!11!!!!one!!!1!! My eyes!!!! Make that image go away!

McBryce.

Just be glad I strained and strained to pull the gut in as much as possible. It doesn't go any further. Stop complaining or you'll get the 'relaxed' version.

Yes, where are they all? Come on ladies, please walk me through the wrongs of objectifying the overweight old male body.

P.S. Who is SexyCyborg?
Current minor net craze, google knows all. A young woman in Shenzen who is doing unlikely things to skirts and shoes, involving LEDs, lots of bare skin, and quite a bit of silicone. She's smart & cool, but doesn't seem to know about LiPo battery charge management. Some images moderately NSFW.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 12:07:51 pm by TerraHertz »

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2015, 01:03:58 pm »
Just be glad I strained and strained to pull the gut in as much as possible. It doesn't go any further. Stop complaining or you'll get the 'relaxed' version.

I was at a friends house on the weekend and a 6yo said I was huge and had a big gut!
So of course I did the old suck in the gut vacuum trick and I think I broke something...
Mind you, I can almost do an Arnold size vacuum

I'm baffled where all the bits go. All I know is that it hurts...

P.S. Who is SexyCyborg?
Current minor net craze, google knows all. A young woman in Shenzen who is doing unlikely things to skirts and shoes, involving LEDs, lots of bare skin, and quite a bit of silicone. She's smart & cool, but doesn't seem to know about LiPo battery charge management. Some images moderately NSFW.
[/quote]

Ah, right, it's a OSHW thing

Offline Mechanical Menace

• Super Contributor
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2015, 01:15:18 pm »
Yes, where are they all? Come on ladies, please walk me through the wrongs of objectifying the overweight old male body.

It gives an unrealistic expectation of the male physique the average studmuffin such as myself just can't live up to. Given the heat wave* we're having I'd love it if I could go bring myself to take my t-shirt off but I can feel the judgemental eyes on me. "Eww, have you seen that, oh gods no look at that definition! Lol, he doesn't even realise what he looks like. And no love handles! Ewwwe!!1!!one"

*By British standards anyway.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 01:17:38 pm by Mechanical Menace »
Second sexiest ugly bloke on the forum.
"Don't believe every quote you read on the internet, because I totally didn't say that."
~Albert Einstein

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2015, 07:03:24 pm »
You are right on the way too much silicone thing. Must be more than 5kg of fill in there at least. Must admit he is good, minimal scarring and he achieved good balance, though the stretch marks are going to be horrid in 10 years from now.

Makes Fat Annie ( don't look for images unless you are into big Bulgarian airbags) look svelte and well proportioned.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 07:06:45 pm by SeanB »

Offline timofonic

• Frequent Contributor
  • Eternal Wannabe Geek
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2015, 09:11:35 pm »

McBryce.

P.S. Who is SexyCyborg?

I think she's some kind of hobbyist without so much knowledge about electronics, but found electronics as a way to make fashion gadgets and being somewhat sexy makes her relevant in the electronics events. I think she pursues to be some kind of PR in the industry, maybe into the maker movement. It reminds me of some kind of female cosplayers.

But maybe I'm wrong and being too opinionated about her, it happens to me everyday. She's young and just wants to get some attention.

Ah, right, it's a OSHW thing

Indeed, she's into OSHW so she likes to show her own source code. She shows her thong and use minimalist clothes on her photos, maybe she uses some CC license and can't be considered fully Open Hardware.

Nothing against personal tastes at clothing and sexy fashion, but I dislike it when it's the main characteristic of the person. That's why I find models and most actors too boring and annoying, they're are just pieces of flesh to me and some of them are professional disguisers that know how to say anything in a credible way by emotional manipulation. But I'm a lover of science and knowledge (despite my goals on it are becoming an extreme to achieve due to some personal traits), so maybe I'm biased and that kind of people is necessary in the society to be better.

Look at the black man that is very probably the photographer, he seems to be very happy near her. That photo is cropped, look at the original one I attached for the lulz ;)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 11:01:49 pm by Circuiteromalaguito »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf