Author Topic: I sent several manufacturers a request with photos of my chili peppers...  (Read 5656 times)

Offline daqqTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • My site
(facepalm)

I needed a product made - some machining of plastic with a few special features, which were best explained by photo. We already had it done once, but the original manufacturer went belly up, so we were looking for a new one.

So I took a few pictures from several angles with my phone, copied them to the disk, included them in the message I composed as well as a partial blueprint. I sent that message (just editing the header) to several Slovakian and Czech companies that could probably do it, asking them some preliminary questions and guesstimates...

I found out later that I miss clicked and accidentally added a one other picture from my phone - a photo of my chili peppers I grew at home.

So, that was the day that a lot of companies dealing with specific types of plastics in Slovakia and the Czech Republic got to see my chili peppers.

By the way, they were delicious  >:D
Believe it or not, pointy haired people do exist!
+++Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Online jaromir

• Supporter
It could go much worse than just pictures of chili peppers.

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
It's not over until you get back plastic chili peppers. >:D
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!
Explodingus - someone who frequently causes accidental explosions

Offline Len

• Frequent Contributor
So WHERE'S THE PHOTO? You can't write that story without including the pepper pic!

I've received pepper photos from a friend who grows them, they can be quite colourful and pretty.
DIY Eurorack Synth: https://lenp.net/synth/

Offline Ampera

• Super Contributor
    • Ampera's Forums
Here's the thing about peppers. The rest of the world have pepper sauces, and the US has Tobasco, which is easily the best family of condiments ever conjured up. There is no finer pepper sauce.

and if any of you DARE say sriracha I will get the longest 2x4 I can find and bust your kneecaps in /joke
I forget who I am sometimes, but then I remember that it's probably not worth remembering.
EEVBlog IRC Admin - Join us on irc.austnet.org #eevblog

Offline Old Don

• Regular Contributor
I grew up in Buffalo and ate chicken wings before the rest of the world ever heard of them. (Used to be free at happy hour back then!) As far and general purpose hot sauce, I think Cholula is better since I'm not into and vinegar.  I do respect Gen. McIlhenny and his WWII service and his cookbook.

Be gentle with the 2x4 - I already have two new knees and don't want to have to go through getting two more screwed it.
Retired - Formerly: Navy ET, University of Buffalo Electronic Tech, Field Engineer and former laptop repair business owner

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Offline Ampera

• Super Contributor
    • Ampera's Forums
I grew up in Buffalo and ate chicken wings before the rest of the world ever heard of them. (Used to be free at happy hour back then!) As far and general purpose hot sauce, I think Cholula is better since I'm not into and vinegar.  I do respect Gen. McIlhenny and his WWII service and his cookbook.

Be gentle with the 2x4 - I already have two new knees and don't want to have to go through getting two more screwed it.

I am honestly not a large fan of most vinegars, but Tobasco is the exception. The pure amazing that goes into the recipes, I just wish I could try every sauce.
I forget who I am sometimes, but then I remember that it's probably not worth remembering.

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
Speaking of Tobasco... I should cook chilli con carne some time soon. One of the ingredients is two drops of Tobasco.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
Speaking of Tobasco... I should cook chilli con carne some time soon. One of the ingredients is two drops of Tobasco.

TWO DROPS!? I slosh about a teaspoon or two of Tabasco on my eggs alone.

I don't find Tabasco sauce all that hot, it just has a nice peppery spank and adds a really lovely flavour.

Offline Len

• Frequent Contributor
I grew up in Buffalo and ate chicken wings before the rest of the world ever heard of them.

The proof is, you call them "chicken wings". I grew up near there, didn't know they were called "Buffalo wings" until I moved to the West Coast.
DIY Eurorack Synth: https://lenp.net/synth/

Online langwadt

• Super Contributor

Offline Vtile

• Super Contributor
  • Ingineer
Re: I sent several manufacturers a request with photos of my chili peppers...
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2017, 11:00:39 pm »
Pfff. Tabasco ... chilies... I only use juniper berries for food and tinywater when needed. Much better than chili in tinywater or Tabasco which is totally useless, only vinegar it tastes. :o
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 11:05:08 pm by Vtile »

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2017, 11:30:58 pm »
The masters who grow their own chiles and hang them on the eaves of their houses in Mew Mexico to dry.. if you like chile..that's the place to go to have the best chile sauce anywhere.

See below.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 02:12:40 pm by cdev »
"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

Offline Ampera

• Super Contributor
    • Ampera's Forums
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2017, 01:17:33 pm »
I think a lot of people forget that there isn't just one Tobasco sauce.

There are many different varieties with all sorts of flavours. Possibly my favourite for taste would be Tobasco Chipotle flavor. That goes REALLY well on almost anything baked, fried, etc. I put Tobasco Habenero in my tuna fish sandwiches. The original is also very good, but it's not all there is out there. Heck, Tobasco even recently released their own brand of Sriracha sauce. I hate Sriracha as it brings 0 flavour and it's not much spicy, but if anybody can make a decent Sriracha it's the McIlhenny company.

Offline schmitt trigger

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2017, 01:53:00 pm »
(facepalm)

So, that was the day that a lot of companies dealing with specific types of plastics in Slovakia and the Czech Republic got to see my chili peppers.

So...did you receive 3D-printed samples?  :-DD

Now seriously. What is a good story without a picture. Post the images of your pepper, I'm really curious.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2017, 02:01:48 pm »
It could go much worse than just pictures of chili peppers.
Unless that's a Slovakian euphemism we're unaware of.

Offline rrinker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2017, 02:53:32 pm »
 We are lucky to have an annual Chili Pepper Festival here. Vendors from all over bring their various sauces and you can sample and buy - I tend to have a decent collection on hand, because as only a hot sauce aficionado can understand, different sauce types go with different types of food. I don't like Tabasco on Mexican food, but I also don't like a Mexican sauce like Cholula  on something like jambalaya. My usual go-to is Frank's. One thing I DON'T buy are the crazy insane hot ones - I like hot and spicy, but there has to be FLAVOR. If I wanted to burn my face off, I'd just get some pepper spray.

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2017, 03:15:31 pm »
Mmmm.. that sounds delicious!   Do you live in... Brooklyn?

We are lucky to have an annual Chili Pepper Festival here. Vendors from all over bring their various sauces and you can sample and buy - I tend to have a decent collection on hand, because as only a hot sauce aficionado can understand, different sauce types go with different types of food. I don't like Tabasco on Mexican food, but I also don't like a Mexican sauce like Cholula  on something like jambalaya. My usual go-to is Frank's. One thing I DON'T buy are the crazy insane hot ones - I like hot and spicy, but there has to be FLAVOR. If I wanted to burn my face off, I'd just get some pepper spray.
"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

Offline rrinker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2017, 03:28:50 pm »
 No, the pepper festival takes place in a field in a small town called Bowers, in Pennsylvania.

Offline daqqTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • My site
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2017, 05:16:46 pm »
Unless that's a Slovakian euphemism we're unaware of.
If it is no one told me. ;)

So WHERE'S THE PHOTO? You can't write that story without including the pepper pic!
Apologies, see attachment :-D
Believe it or not, pointy haired people do exist!
+++Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2017, 06:42:01 pm »
I have to admit, those are nice peppers. Bonus points for the chickens and cats wash cloth.

Online Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
    • Freelance Hardware Engineer
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2017, 06:46:55 pm »

TWO DROPS!? I slosh about a teaspoon or two of Tabasco on my eggs alone.

I don't find Tabasco sauce all that hot, it just has a nice peppery spank and adds a really lovely flavour.

He's Dutch. He thinks Heineken's beer.

Offline schmitt trigger

• Super Contributor
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2017, 07:07:11 pm »
Not to throw some discord into the Benelux countries but:
Which beer is better? Belgian or Dutch?

In the company I work for, we have business centers both in the Netherlands and Belgium.
Once in a meeting at our corporate headquarters in Boston, I was in lunch break with an engineer from each site.

So I asked the exact same question, expecting to hear some banter between the two... >:D >:D

To my surprise, the Dutch engineer without hesitation answered: "No contest, the Belgian beer is better".
But he immediately added: "But our soccer team is better".

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2017, 07:19:04 pm »
He's Dutch. He thinks Heineken's beer.
Aren't you Dutch too?

Offline Old Don

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2017, 08:39:25 pm »

Frank's is the sauce invented at the Anchor Bar, original home of the Buffalo style chicken wing.

https://www.anchorbar.com/index.php

But Duff's is the place most locals go for hot wings.

http://www.duffswings.com/
Retired - Formerly: Navy ET, University of Buffalo Electronic Tech, Field Engineer and former laptop repair business owner

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf