Author Topic: I sent several manufacturers a request with photos of my chili peppers...  (Read 5663 times)

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
Re: I sent several manufacturers a request with photos of my chili peppers...
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2017, 09:05:05 pm »
Here we have curry competitions, some of which might also be classed as weapons of destruction for what they do to your stomach.  the chilli sauces are nice, and a lot better than that US one in my opinion in many cases. Then again with a curry you generally get a serving of carrots and chopped green chillis as a side sambals salad, just in case you feel it is not hot enough you can ask for the red ones as well to be added.

I have chilli bushes outside, but sadly almost never get to enjoy them, they get stolen as soon as they start ripening. Must definitely get some ghost chilli seeds and see if they will grow here, the regular little devil chillis are pretty potent.

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2017, 10:27:07 pm »
Stolen by deer or people? You've probably already considered putting up a fence.
"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

Online Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
    • Freelance Hardware Engineer
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2017, 09:41:19 am »
He's Dutch. He thinks Heineken's beer.
Aren't you Dutch too?

Belgian. Or Flemish. Not Dutch. Even though we speak the same language: not the same thing.

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2017, 01:17:52 pm »
Here's the thing about peppers. The rest of the world have pepper sauces, and the US has Tobasco, which is easily the best family of condiments ever conjured up. There is no finer pepper sauce.

and if any of you DARE say sriracha I will get the longest 2x4 I can find and bust your kneecaps in /joke
I dunno, I’ve never been a fan of Tabasco. It’s not salty enough for my taste. Tabasco is heavy on vinegar and light on salt; I prefer sauces that are high on salt and use less or no vinegar. (What I don’t want in them is sugar. I also am unmoved by sriracha.) I do enjoy the green (jalapeño) Tabasco, though!

But you’re wrong, in a sense, to say that the US has Tabasco: it’s truly the only global chili sauce. I don’t think any other brand comes close to having as broad a distribution. When I first moved to Switzerland from USA as a kid in 1992, the only hot sauce you could get here was Tabasco. (To this day, I bring back Frank’s and Crystal hot sauces from USA; the Mexican ones like Cholula I can get at the Mexican grocery.)

P.S. As a Tabasco fanboy, you should learn that there is only one “o” in its name! ;)

Offline schmitt trigger

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2017, 02:57:13 am »
Single "O".......That is correct, the Mexican state of Tabasco, whose capital is Villahermosa:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabasco

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf