Author Topic: IAIO Qaher-313 -- Iranian Stealth Fighter  (Read 2244 times)

Offline raptor1956Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
IAIO Qaher-313 -- Iranian Stealth Fighter
« on: August 19, 2018, 01:52:42 am »
I wasn't sure if I should post this here in the 'General Chat' area or the 'Dodgy Technology' area but I'll try not to prejudge.

Rumors and images of this new AC have been floating about for a year or more but apparently Iran is set to announce it publicly in the very near future.  So far the informed opinion is not all that favorable with many saying its a complete fake while other think it more of a first attempt.  Lots of the images purporting to be of the IAIO Qaher-313 may be fakes but if there's any truth to it then Iranian pilots must love listening to there jams while fly as it appears there a Sony car audio unit mounted prominently at the top of the dash. 

So, I'm hoping to see some better images with scale object like people as well as close ups of the cockpit and dash.  Many knowledgeable engineering types suggest the AC is too small to hold any useful ordinance, but, again, I'll withhold my judgement until the reveal.

Brian

Offline German_EE

• Super Contributor
Should you find yourself in a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is likely to be more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks.

Warren Buffett

Offline oPossum

• Super Contributor
  • Very dangerous - may attack at any time
Re: IAIO Qaher-313 -- Iranian Stealth Fighter
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 07:17:53 am »
Iranian pilots must love listening to there jams while fly as it appears there a Sony car audio unit mounted prominently at the top of the dash. 

Where?

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 08:54:28 pm »
Iranian pilots must love listening to there jams while fly as it appears there a Sony car audio unit mounted prominently at the top of the dash. 

Where?

An earlier picture showed what was described as a Sony car audio unit, but no telling how legit the picture is/was.

Brian

Offline oPossum

• Super Contributor
  • Very dangerous - may attack at any time
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 11:06:11 pm »
Maybe it was this picture. Looks like they got everything wrong.

Offline PointyOintment

• Frequent Contributor
  • ↑ I scanned my face
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2018, 04:07:22 pm »
"English" is correctly identified, at least. But that makes some sense; English is the international language of aviation.

"Plastic hull" also looks like it could be accurate (except that a better term might be "fuselage"). Or maybe it's fiberglass, or plywood covered in vinyl sheeting. Do you see any seal or latching mechanism for the canopy?

Reddit discussion on the unrealism of the rest of this supposed aircraft.
I refuse to use AD's LTspice or any other "free" software whose license agreement prohibits benchmarking it (which implies it's really bad) or publicly disclosing the existence of the agreement. Fortunately, I haven't agreed to that one, and those terms are public already.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2018, 04:18:12 pm »
"English" is correctly identified, at least. But that makes some sense; English is the international language of aviation.

"Plastic hull" also looks like it could be accurate (except that a better term might be "fuselage"). Or maybe it's fiberglass, or plywood covered in vinyl sheeting. Do you see any seal or latching mechanism for the canopy?

Reddit discussion on the unrealism of the rest of this supposed aircraft.
It should be noted that carbon fibre also tends to look flimsy. People seem so eager to laugh at the Iranians that they're making up stuff.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2018, 02:08:08 am »
We'll where this goes as the stuff that's been published so far is more the parody than the actual thing -- unless the actual thing is in fact a parody.  If it offers any real stealth even if only head on it could be used, as some have suggested, to attack ships -- Iran has long borders with the Persian Gulf, the Gulf of Oman, and the Caspian Sea so attacks against ships could be handled by short range AC from ground bases.  I wonder what kind of long range stand-off weapons they have???

Brian

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf