Author Topic: Instek GDS-1102A Oscilloscope  (Read 4965 times)

Offline ngkee22Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Instek GDS-1102A Oscilloscope
« on: May 08, 2011, 01:59:40 am »
I saw on Tequipment.net that they had the 100Mhz GDS-1102A on sale for $577.  I think it is a good price, has the opinion of this model improved on here over the Rigol scopes?
http://www.tequipment.net/InstekGDS-1102A.html

Thanks

Offline Bored@Work

• Super Contributor
Re: Instek GDS-1102A Oscilloscope
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 11:34:43 am »
I think the opinion about Instek oscilloscopes here was always high. And my opinion certainly is. Except maybe the new GDS-3000 series, which might be to expensive, comparing its features with the features of the new Agilent oscilloscopes.

Don't get confused by the Rigol crowd. They are just shouting loud and stroking their dicks because of the hack to enhance the bandwidth.
I delete PMs unread. If you have something to say, say it in public.
For all else: Profile->[Modify Profile]Buddies/Ignore List->Edit Ignore List

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 08:47:58 pm »
I finally bought the GDS-1102A Oscilloscope for $550.  So far, everything looks to be working right.  The manual seems to be fairly informative, I hadn't time to read a lot of it though. 

Now I just need something to do as soon as I get time from my busy job.

I will let everyone know what I think later on, though, don't plan on a full review.  That is probably out of my league for now, I will leave those up to the professional, Dave.

Offline Fast.Eddie

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 06:05:14 pm »
Where did you find the GDS-1102A for $550?

Offline cybergibbons

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 08:44:49 pm »
I have a GDS-1152A and I am on the whole very happy with it. It does most of what I need quite well. It's better than the Rigol as far as I can tell.

My four major complaints are:
1. Storing the 2Mpoints of memory onto SD card takes 15 minutes. This is painful. I was doing analysis of some long signals and had to do this many times.
2. PC software is rubbish.
3. There's no decent window zoom feature like on the Rigol. Really annoying with the 2Mpoints memory.
4. Something about the trigger offset and window position always means I move the trigger offset and not move the window.

I know it is missing some features, like go/no-go, but I don't miss them.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 09:48:53 pm »
I got it on Tequipment.com.  At the time there was a coupon for 5% more off of their $577 price.  It was CHAT5, it may still work.  I used it when they were not advertising it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf