Author Topic: Is mind control possible?  (Read 5323 times)

Offline CopperCone

• Super Contributor
  • *knock knock*
Re: Is mind control possible?
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2018, 02:17:39 am »

Offline helius

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2018, 02:48:25 am »
As technology advances, many of the ideas and mannerisms that used to be reliable signs of madness are going to become normalized.

In 2000, if you saw a man carrying on a conversation with unseen parties while walking down the street, he was always a psychotic. Today, he's a yuppie with a bluetooth earpiece. People don't seem too concerned with any soi-dissant "stigma" of mental illness as they go on yapping.

Watching people wearing VR/AR equipment is also strongly reminiscent of those experiencing visual hallucinations.

Online ebastler

• Super Contributor
Re: Is mind control possible? We'll just call them crazy! My story
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2018, 03:10:31 pm »
Well how about we call "mind control" too far-fetched and make this a bit more about hacking the mind/controlling devices with thought.

Alright, that sounds better now. So you have redefined "mind control" from "controlling someone's mind electronically" to "controlling external devices with your mind". And with the recent edit, you have removed the remaining crackpot links from your latest post.

Phew, I am relieved that you seem to be in good shape. That original post had me worried... :phew:

Offline RiotpackTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2020, 06:31:35 am »
There is a lot more than controlling devices.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-48037592

There are technologies that replace your internal dialogue over a few years,  using the Frey effect and beam forming.

Controlling dreams

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.livescience.com/amp/dream-manipulation-machine.html

Recording dreams.

Lookup Japanese dream recording machine.

I have hundreds of peer reviewed documents.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf