Author Topic: Is mind control possible?  (Read 5269 times)

Offline RiotpackTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Is mind control possible?
« on: April 21, 2018, 05:33:50 am »
Deleted
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 06:25:10 pm by Riotpack »

Offline Rerouter

• Super Contributor
  • Question Everything... Except This Statement
Re: Is mind control possible? We'll just call them crazy!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 05:44:07 am »
Preface: I did not read your link,

Mind manipulation through false data: a well known and proven method. (Misinformation)

Increasing suggestibility via large magnetic impulses to certain regions of the brain, Also confirmed, but with highly variable results

As for the CD spindle, you have both reasonably high manufacturing tolerances, and active feedback loops to keep it tracking correctly, its like saying how well the truck driver going from east to west coast US does at keeping in the lane, its constantly correcting.

• Regular Contributor
Re: Is mind control possible? We'll just call them crazy!
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 05:48:41 am »
Deleted
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 06:25:24 pm by Riotpack »

Online ebastler

• Super Contributor
Re: Is mind control possible? We'll just call them crazy! My story
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 06:58:15 am »
It seems plausible that you have had a problem over the last 3-4 years — but unlikely that is has much to do with CD players at all...

The following users thanked this post: Shock

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2018, 07:10:51 am »
A psychiatric evaluation?

The following users thanked this post: Shock, Zucca, MadTux, nugglix, drussell, BrianHG, Mr. Scram, kulla, BillB

Online Marco

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2018, 07:18:37 am »
They CAN
-Read/modify/impersonate thoughts, blocking of thoughts
-Read attempt write psuedo memories
-See what you see
-Hear what you hear
-Sleep Deprivation
-Hearing “voices”
-General behaviour control in some situations 147 49.66%
We wouldn't even be able to do non contact reading or writing with a modern flash IC, let alone a messy brain with unknown and almost certainly highly variable storage protocols.

The patent is just about exciting the visual cortex in a very coarse way with image data and relying on human adaptability to turn it into useful sight (even though it's going to excite it wildly differently from actual sight).
and more, I know this for sure, it has been happening for 3-4 years to me at least
You should demand of yourself extra-ordinary evidence. No motive, no physical evidence, history filled with similar claims by equally convinced mentally ill people, far future sci-fi levels of technology required for the hypothesis that you're not crazy  ... if there is a rational bone left in your body, go see a psychiatrist.

The following users thanked this post: G7PSK

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2018, 10:12:07 am »
mind control is possible. but not through some earth magnetic wave crap. there are many ways i cant explain them all here. the simplest form of mind control is... the like button... esp effective for the weak mind... mind control can be phrased in another term which is... "persuasion", and the like.. there are two kind of effects for every causal, one is short term effects, the other is long term effects and the 3rd is anything in between, sometime short and long term effects are equal, usually for simple matter like gravitation, but for other complicated social stuffs, can be not so. mind control usually made for short term effects, either intentionally or unintentionally. well not very many people can think of the long term effects through multipath meditation, but the right education may helps. how can you expect short sighted (mentally) person to persuade you on good long term effect? fwiw...
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline drussell

• Super Contributor
  • Hardcore Geek
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2018, 12:42:13 pm »
Kenneth, what is the frequency?
Kenneth, what is the frequency?!
Kenneth, what is the frequency?!!

The following users thanked this post: Cerebus

Offline daqq

• Super Contributor
    • My site
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2018, 01:33:23 pm »
They CAN
...but apparently they choose not to block out/remove thoughts/suspicions that would expose them, remove the urge to investigate etc. ...

Believe it or not, pointy haired people do exist!
+++Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2018, 01:53:32 pm »
What ever voodoo, magic, remote butt zapping, mind reading/control and etc ....  :-DD

Pick any your favorite ancient great wars history, then to WWI and WWII, and current/recent time at the international wars say for last decades in Middle East etc, and also heated political tensions say like at North Korea and also many-many other examples.

Now, ever wonder why these what ever you called it, was never used or exploited by the intelligence agencies or military forces, in order to get what they wanted instead of all being done thru the really hard way like war ?

I guess what are you trying to say is that these people must be moron for so many thousands of years ?   :palm:

Offline SL4P

• Super Contributor
  • There's more value if you figure it out yourself!
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2018, 10:32:20 pm »
I don’t think any well informed group would deny ‘mind control’ is possible...

The requirements are extremely onerous.
Repetition, Conditioning, the nature of target group, motivation and many others in varying durations & quantities for various applications and targets.
Don't ask a question if you aren't willing to listen to the answer.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2018, 02:08:07 am »
How about a rambling conspiracy post with a collection of unrelated links? — Ah, no. Come to think of it, that didn’t work.

EDIT: I had a look at your post history and found this thread to be a total outlier. Man, you must be really bored to put together this kind of bait... Go outside for a walk, spring is coming!
I worry it might be a matter of mental health taking a turn for the worse.

Offline Dubbie

• Supporter
Is mind control possible? We'll just call them crazy! My story
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2018, 07:07:13 am »
Yes this is a classic sign of schizophrenia.
Please see a professional psychiatrist Riotpack. [emoji53]

The following users thanked this post: Mr. Scram

Offline G7PSK

• Super Contributor
  • It is hot until proved not.
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2018, 08:01:59 am »
You can have your brain read and backed up, only problem it kills you.

https://techaeris.com/2018/03/15/startup-wants-backup-brain-theres-catch/

"Edit"

The OP is correct in a way but not how he thinks. The CD is a form of mind control or rather it's contents. But even if he went back to shellac 98's it is still mind control.
All music is a form of mind control that has been practised by musicians and composers since the first person picked up the first instrument or sang the first note, music can make you feel happy or sad, glad elated, depressed or angry and aggressive. That is why the first thing dictators do is wheel out the military bands and have a parade.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 08:23:22 am by G7PSK »

Offline jonovid

• Super Contributor
    • JONOVID
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2018, 03:28:54 am »
Here is a video Are Mass Killers Mind Controlled Assassins 

man suspected of shooting dead four people at a Waffle House restaurant near Nashville maybe Mind Controlled?
Hobbyist with a basic knowledge of electronics

Offline G7PSK

• Super Contributor
  • It is hot until proved not.
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2018, 07:41:46 am »

man suspected of shooting dead four people at a Waffle House restaurant near Nashville maybe Mind Controlled?

You know it's absolute garbage when they call themselves Tru News. If they have to do that in order to imply any truth or reality in what they are saying they have lost it right off.  The title of their show and stories is Orwellian.

The following users thanked this post: ebastler, austfox

Offline Rascal

• Contributor
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2018, 11:23:29 am »
The internet is littered with examples of apparent mind control

Although in the first instance it might be worth seeking medical advice if the voice in your head becomes to controlling.

Electronic harassment might sound like a half decent excuse when the police read you your rights - but I wouldn't be convinced the judge will see it that way.   

Offline igendel

• Frequent Contributor
    • It's Every Bit For Itself (Programming & MCU blog)
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2018, 12:17:26 pm »
They CAN
-Read attempt write psuedo memories
-See what you see
-Hear what you hear
-Sleep Deprivation
-Hearing “voices”
-General behaviour control in some situations 147 49.66%

No they cannot (except perhaps sleep deprivation, any idiot kid with a drumset in a nearby building can do that, and I have no idea what "147 49.66%" means).

In fact, this statement is more false than all the sham products Dave debunked, combined.

It is important to remember that mental illness is just like any other illness, in the sense that it can happen to anyone, it's not something to be ashamed of and in many cases it can be treated or mitigated successfully by a professional.

Finally, my MA in cognitive psychology has some use  ;D
Maker projects, tutorials etc. on my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/idogendel/

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2018, 04:45:25 pm »
The original post really is shockingly like the emails I started getting a while back from an old friend who was later diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic. He was completely normal and a fairly smart guy when we were younger.

Offline cheeseit

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2018, 06:49:39 pm »
I've seen this thing happen to two good friends and I concur; please talk to a psychiatrist, and don't do drugs.

It was both scary and sad talking to them but also strangely interesting to experience.

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Online ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2018, 07:45:43 pm »
Upon re-reading the original post and the recent replies, I concur. I have removed my earlier post which suggested trolling/baiting, and agree that it would be best for the OP to seek a medical/psychiatric diagnosis, and potentially help.

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2018, 09:56:14 pm »
The oldest stepdaughter and her husband are going through this with his brother.  He hears voices.  He nailed the attic access shut, he said he has people trapped in there and under the house.  He even went out and bought a gun.  He had his first gun taken away by the police but ended up getting a second.  He went through a psych eval and was told there was nothing wrong.  His problems stem from meth use it seems.  His mother is in a state of denial.  Such a shame.

Thankfully, I don't have to worry about mind control.  The implication is that there is a mind to control, I lost mine years ago and still can't find it.  It might be somewhere on my workbench.  Probably, never to be seen again.
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2018, 11:07:16 pm »
I think the guy I knew who became schizophrenic was into meth for a while too. As far as I know he quit that quite a while ago but the schizophrenia remains. I don't know if the two are linked, obviously there are a lot of meth users who don't become schizophrenic but there does seem to be a link.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2018, 04:09:22 pm »
Well how about we call "mind control" too far-fetched and make this a bit more about hacking the mind/controlling devices with thought. If you do not believe it is possible currently, when do you think computers will be powerful enough to do this? There are already devices which read your inner voice, transmit what you are looking at etc.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg22429934-000-brain-decoder-can-eavesdrop-on-your-inner-voice/

https://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-have-invented-a-mind-reading-machine-that-can-visualise-your-thoughts-kind-of

https://www.livescience.com/53535-computer-reads-thoughts-instantaneously.html

« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 06:26:02 pm by Riotpack »

Offline Dubbie

• Supporter
Re: Is mind control possible?
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2018, 02:04:26 am »
Ok, this last post takes things into the realms of sanity.

I guess we are at extremely early stages of this sort of technology. Akin to "reading" a book by looking at the picture on the cover.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo