Author Topic: Italian politic by your eyes  (Read 11368 times)

Offline ddavideborTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • Smartbox AT
Italian politic by your eyes
« on: March 17, 2013, 04:34:43 pm »
Hi

As you know by my little flag i'm italian.

We've just ended the election of our politics.

I'm hope if you can say what the word think about our politics...
David - Professional Engineer - Medical Devices and Tablet Computers at Smartbox AT
Side businesses: Altium Industry Expert writer, http://fermium.ltd.uk (Scientific Equiment), http://chinesecleavers.co.uk (Cutlery),

Offline MetraCollector

• Regular Contributor
Re: Italian politic by your eyes
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 05:10:13 pm »
I say that Czech Republic and Slovakia are bad countries - BUT, there are worse contries I would not like to live in them - like Spain, Portugal, Greece, Italy or Poland.
I wonder if there is some collaps and anarchy in the future. :-//

Offline G7PSK

• Super Contributor
  • It is hot until proved not.
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 05:37:11 pm »
However good their intentions, people in places of power end up with a form of autism due to becoming socially isolated, ie. they can no longer simulate in their brains the feelings of other people and as a result the inner Machiavelli takes over and the sense of sympathy is squashed to be replaced by selfishness. This has been proved by a UC  Berkeley psychologist.

Polititians should be replaced with some form of jury like service where people are chosen at random and put into government for a short time to be replaced with another after a few weeks.

Offline andersm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 05:50:20 pm »
All I know about Italian politics comes from The Bugle (starts at about 21:45).

Offline ignator

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 05:52:04 pm »

Polititians should be replaced with some form of jury like service where people are chosen at random and put into government for a short time to be replaced with another after a few weeks.
With the internet, why have representative government (assuming democracy), as this form of government came about when nothing moved faster then the speed of a horse.
But I don't know about how that would work, as you can have a populous of closed minded bigots and that could be no fun having to live with their dictates.
I think we are all stuck in this world with idiots running the place.  Who else want to be a politician, but a mega-maniac.

• Super Contributor
    • Smartbox AT
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 11:10:43 pm »
Mmh i need to rewrite my question:

What word think about politics in italy?
Like mario monti, berlus.... Grillo...

David - Professional Engineer - Medical Devices and Tablet Computers at Smartbox AT
Side businesses: Altium Industry Expert writer, http://fermium.ltd.uk (Scientific Equiment), http://chinesecleavers.co.uk (Cutlery),

Offline ftransform

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 11:55:05 pm »

But seriously, as I understand it Italy is crooked as fuck.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 11:58:53 pm by ftransform »

Online IanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 12:27:26 am »
Mmh i need to rewrite my question:

What word think about politics in italy?
Like mario monti, berlus.... Grillo...

It's hard to know what to think. Does Italy have politics or does it have comedy? Should the northern provinces secede from the south, or is unity more important? Will Italy drop out of the Euro, or will Italy cause the Euro to fail? Stay tuned for tomorrow's exciting episode of "Europe: together or bust..." :-)

Offline JoeyP

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2013, 12:38:35 am »

That is a truly terrifying proposition. Have you spent any time in court watching the behavior of juries? On a related note, have you seen the move "Idiocracy"?

Offline smashedProton

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2013, 02:11:58 am »

That is a truly terrifying proposition. Have you spent any time in court watching the behavior of juries? On a related note, have you seen the move "Idiocracy"?

The trick would be getting the 'jury' size large enough to eliminate the odd chance of a group of idiots being on together at once.  Has anyone ever seen the movie 12 angry men?  Its a classic.  Anyway, you would also need it to be small enough so still remain productive.  And obvously education is necessary.  But this is only a dream now...  The Barrackalypse is coming!
http://www.garrettbaldwin.com/

Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2013, 11:16:41 am »

Did something important happen in Italian politics?  :-//

Dave.

Offline larry42

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2013, 11:25:25 am »
Hi

And the relevance to electronics is...?

If you have an animated GIF in your avatar or signature then I reserve the right to think you're a dolt.

Offline Thor-Arne

• Supporter
  • tinker - tinker, little noob.....
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2013, 11:29:56 am »
And the relevance to electronics is...?
The Arduino?  :-DD

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2013, 04:24:17 pm »
Italy changes government rather more often than any other country, so they are unique in using post it notes as name labels on doors in government, written on in pencil as well.

Offline G7PSK

• Super Contributor
  • It is hot until proved not.
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2013, 04:32:03 pm »
The really amazing thing is that on the whole Italian industry and people continue to prosper despite the Italian government doing its worst. I cannot understand why more Italian politicians or any other nationality for that matter do not end up hanging from the lamp posts.

• Super Contributor
    • Smartbox AT
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2013, 06:05:48 pm »
Continue to say you opinion people...

I'd like to know what word think about us

• Super Contributor
    • Smartbox AT
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2013, 06:12:55 pm »

Did something important happen in Italian politics?  :-//

Dave.

People of my country had decided to re-vote the same asshole that has destroy (berlusconi, more know as bunga bunga) and to vote a comedian.
The first because he has promised money and less tax for the 5th time (and every time the government need more tax because he do a complete mess).
The second because he insult the first,

Offline ftransform

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2013, 06:37:34 pm »
do you think it is mafia related?

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2013, 07:35:22 pm »
People of my country had decided to re-vote the same asshole that has destroy (berlusconi, more know as bunga bunga) and to vote a comedian.
The first because he has promised money and less tax for the 5th time (and every time the government need more tax because he do a complete mess).
The second because he insult the first,
Sorry to hear that... Berlusconi's antics have been in the news in Brazil for a long time, and we can surely relate to that. Our politics are very similar in terms of "seriousness" and corruption.

Just to illustrate, in the 1988 elections people were so fed up with politics that the third most voted candidate for Rio de Janeiro's city hall (400 thousand votes) was a chimpanzee of Rio de Janeiro's zoo (Macaco Tião).

Also, in 1959 rhino Cacareco won 100 thousand votes for councilman of São Paulo - the most voted councilman at that election.

The only reasons why these were elected were the fact that voting is mandatory in Brazil, and the ballots were in paper back then. Nowadays electronic voting machines took all the fun away... ;)
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline firewalker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2013, 08:05:14 pm »
Citizens of south Europe (Spain, Italy, Portugal, Greece, Cyprus) should unite and redefine the meaning of European Economic Union. Or leave it.

Countries like Germany forces the governments to accept loans in order to pay back loans to the same country that gives the loan. It's an endless loop. At the same time Germany refuse to pay ~125 billion euros from money stolen from Greece during world war two.

One way or another it is going to end. And it will not be good. Specially for countries that now are in the top.

Alexander.
Become a realist, stay a dreamer.

Offline Neganur

• Supporter
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2013, 10:16:43 pm »
Even _if_ the German government would pay those 125 billion you say were stolen, to the Hellenic Republic -- Where do you think that money would go?

Also, it's not "countries like Germany" it is the Banks.

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
Re: Re: Italian politic by your eyes
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2013, 10:43:52 pm »

But seriously, as I understand it Italy is crooked as fuck.

I thought that until I left Italy and came back to the UK.

Offline AxelDominatoR

• With morning comes Mistfall
    • Nexus mods
Re: Re: Italian politic by your eyes
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2013, 01:54:20 am »
I thought that until I left Italy and came back to the UK.

Well, I left Italy and moved to UK and the situation here is much much better (Scotland/Glasgow).
I come from the southernmost part of Italy, though, and that's a hopeless and cursed land.
I think in the near future (5-10 years) the entire situation will get worse and worse.
I don't really care anymore, because I firmly believe italians deserve what's happening (and I don't feel myself being italian anymore, anyway).
Axel DominatoR ^^^ HC

Offline Corporate666

• Supporter
  • Remember, you are unique, just like everybody else
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2013, 04:59:08 am »
Citizens of south Europe (Spain, Italy, Portugal, Greece, Cyprus) should unite and redefine the meaning of European Economic Union. Or leave it.

Countries like Germany forces the governments to accept loans in order to pay back loans to the same country that gives the loan. It's an endless loop. At the same time Germany refuse to pay ~125 billion euros from money stolen from Greece during world war two.

One way or another it is going to end. And it will not be good. Specially for countries that now are in the top.

Alexander.

The situation is much more fundamental than a simple excuse like "banks" or "Germany".  In general, Europe has spent far too long living the good life on credit.  In the case of Greece, it was cushy retirement packages, an unworkable tax code rife with fraud, a populace that stops working at a very young age, and a government that was frankly lying about their economic situation.  So you have a small minority of the people who work and pay the appropriate taxes, but they do so for a short few years, while a much larger minority of the population lives off those folks' productivity.

It is destined for failure.  That failure is still coming - not only to Greece but to the rest of Europe (at least most of the Eurozone, certainly those that use the Euro).

The gravy train has gone on far too long, and now the bill is due, and nobody has the money to pay it - even Germany.
It's not always the most popular person who gets the job done.

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2013, 05:26:17 am »
Simple fundamental law that a lot people are "trying really hard" to forget  : :-DD
  • :-- Spending > Earning = Fail  (Majority of African countries, south European countries etc)
  • :-+ Spending < Earning = Profit  (China, Korea, few south American countries, Dave's land etc)

As simple as that.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf