Author Topic: Looking for a replacement Anti virus program (Windows)  (Read 7901 times)

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
Re: Looking for a replacement Anti virus program (Windows)
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2017, 10:10:34 am »
I've rolled out ESET Security suite, 8-11 now I think, on several dozen PCs, servers, laptops for the last 20+ yrs. It is highly configurable and hasn't missed a beat.
If you buy 5/10+ for 2-3 yrs block, it's damn cheap. We pay ~$12-15.00ea for 75seat yrs
My vote is for ESET NOD32 AV as well. I have been using it for several years and chose it exactly because it is lean and does not bug me with unnecessary messages.

I don't have experience on an enterprise environment, though.
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline Deridex

• Regular Contributor
  • IMHO
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2017, 04:03:49 am »
My suggestion is Eset. Works fine so far at my computers and is not very expensive.

Offline HalcyonTopic starter

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2017, 09:43:31 am »
Thank you everyone for their suggestions. I thought I'd respond with my findings in case there is anyone else looking for a similar product.

After trialing a few different packages, I've settled with ESET NOD32 Antivirus. It does exactly what I need it to do all while sitting in the background quietly.

As a bonus, the latest version also runs on Windows XP (which I have one machine running legacy software) and on Windows Server. Updates are rolled out several times a day and I particularly like their update information page which lets you see exactly which viruses etc... are being detected by that pattern file version (something a lot of AV providers don't provide, you just have to trust they get the latest stuff).

It uses a relatively small amount of resources and doesn't seem to effect the general speed of things even with real-time file scanning enabled.

Pricing is also very competitive and you can choose exactly the number of licenses you need (rather than forking out for a 5-pack if you only need 3).

I like it :-+

Offline digsys

• Supporter
    • DIGSYS
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2017, 10:19:48 am »
Take a look at their Security Suite versions. I've upgraded all our PCs to SS .. The suite has NOD32 plus several other very useful features, including 1 cool one -
Installed on a laptop - if it ever gets stolen, next time it sees an Internet connection, it secretly phones home :-) buried in the updates
Hello <tap> <tap> .. is this thing on?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf