Author Topic: MIT OCW 6.002 next steps  (Read 1150 times)

Offline Tim TTopic starter

• Contributor
MIT OCW 6.002 next steps
« on: December 30, 2016, 03:42:32 pm »
As a hobbyist, I have been slowly working through MIT OpenCourseWare 6.002 as time allows and have only one lecture to go. So the question here is does anyone have suggestions for a follow-up on line class building on the 6.002 fundamentals, preferably one with lab exercises? My interests are primarily analog but I guess today it is hard to ignore digital completely.  Sounds like 6.003 is a typical next step for “real” MIT EE students but it appears to be all theory and no labs.
Thanks,
tim

Offline mtdoc

• Super Contributor
Re: MIT OCW 6.002 next steps
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 06:36:55 pm »
Occasionally EdX or Coursera offer free electronics laboratory courses that are hands-on.  The UC Berkeley EE 40LX course on Edx and the Rice University Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering Laboratory are both courses I have taken and were very good. Unfortunately it does not look like they are currently offered.

The UT Austin 6.02x Embedded Systems course is an excellent hands on course that is primarily about programming.

There are several hands on lab course textbooks for self directed learning,  including "Learning the Art of Electronics" which I just got as an Xmas present  :-+

The following users thanked this post: Tim T

Offline Tim TTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: MIT OCW 6.002 next steps
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 10:48:37 pm »
Many thanks for the suggestions. Learning AoE is a great idea. For me there is nothing like sitting down with a stack of 30 year old test equipment and a handful of components for reinforcing a concept.

tim

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf