Author Topic: My eyesight  (Read 1660 times)

Offline CJayTopic starter

• Super Contributor
My eyesight
« on: April 19, 2018, 07:05:48 am »
After many years I had to admit my eyes were wearing out so I finally got them tested and had a very mild prescription pair of glasses made.

But...

I've come to the conclusion that there's actually nothing wrong with them and that it's the rest of the world at fault  8), there's an LED in this picture, can you see it (it's not in the flash drive)?

Offline Ampera

• Super Contributor
    • Ampera's Forums
Re: My eyesight
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 07:09:25 am »

Is it this perchance?

EDIT: if it's not that, then that fuzzy thing to the right of the flash drive looks like it could be.
I forget who I am sometimes, but then I remember that it's probably not worth remembering.
EEVBlog IRC Admin - Join us on irc.austnet.org #eevblog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 07:13:47 am »
Awhh, damn, I knew I should have resized it :)

That pic was taken with the camera half way between my face and the table, I swear it's not my eyesight, it's a conspiracy involving a shadowy cabal of component manufacturers and opticians.

The LED isn't there any more either, it pinged off into another dimension shortly after the second picture  :-DD

Offline Ampera

• Super Contributor
    • Ampera's Forums
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 07:23:22 am »
My eyesight is so good, I can read the signs from the other end of an American Walmart!
I forget who I am sometimes, but then I remember that it's probably not worth remembering.
EEVBlog IRC Admin - Join us on irc.austnet.org #eevblog

Offline G7PSK

• Super Contributor
  • It is hot until proved not.
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 08:08:42 am »
Dosen't help that every thing is printed with soya based ink that bleeds out so that its completely fuzzy.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 09:15:23 am »
My eyesight is so good, I can read the signs from the other end of an American Walmart!

Oh I can still do that, what I can't see is the stuff right in front of my nose which is a bit of an issue for working on electronics gear :)

Online tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2018, 09:23:13 am »
Cheap and easy experiment: try one of these http://www.rolsontools.com/2-led-magnifying-visor.html available under many names from many places

Good points: multiple magnifications, wear in addition to glasses, can be used at any angle (unlike microscopes).
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2018, 09:24:43 am »
I dread to think how many SMD parts are down the cracks in my floor. If i drop one or it pings off I don't bother looking for it any more. Just get another one off the tape and start again. Fortunately SMD stuff is cheap as chips.

Found it does help to work on a green cutting mat though - gives small parts some contrast.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf