Author Topic: NASA Detects Artificial Barrier Around Earth  (Read 6074 times)

Offline EEVblogTopic starter

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
NASA Detects Artificial Barrier Around Earth
« on: May 20, 2017, 07:51:52 am »
Cool

http://www.inquisitr.com/4230490/nasa-detects-artificial-barrier-around-earth-a-shield-that-protects-planet-from-solar-flares/

As Newsweek reported this week, NASA space probes were the first to detect the man-made barrier — a sheathe of very low frequency radio waves interacting with particles surrounding the Earth in space. Although not at all stable, the interaction acts something like a shield and defends the Earth from harmful radiation from space. And it is believed that the shield could potentially offer protection against CMEs (Coronal Mass Ejections), massive explosions that emanate from the Sun, where plasmas and magnetic field are ejected from the Sun’s corona, which is the outermost part of the star’s atmosphere. Such mass ejections can sometimes result in geomagnetic storms, which have the potential to knock out communication satellites in space and power grids on Earth

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
Re: NASA Detects Artificial Barrier Around Earth
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 07:56:16 am »
Shields up cap'n

The following users thanked this post: ludzinc, GeorgeOfTheJungle, Electro Detective

Offline Electro Detective

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 08:36:42 am »
Good, the barrier must be discouraging UFOs too,
haven't seen any sightings reports on the news in a long time   :-+

We got enough multiculture to deal with already,
without more creeps from Alpha Shitauri flying around playing boss,
capturing and probing local aussie battlers   :scared:

Offline PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 08:37:54 am »
That's a very strange story:

But the barrier, as NASA scientists discovered, is the result of very low frequency transmissions that, instead of finding their targets of submarines, end up in the Earth’s atmosphere.

:-//
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

Offline jpanhalt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2017, 08:43:07 am »
Oh my, now VLF emissions will be added to carbon emissions as a cause for environmental concern.

John

The following users thanked this post: Electro Detective

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2017, 08:47:39 am »
I'm guessing the phenomenon began when Youtube hero Joe Smith started BBQing multimeters with that gazillion volts gadget of his 

in chance sync with another Youtube legend across the ocean Photonicinduction

Now that the barrier is up, we can stay at the beach longer without getting burned    8)
and drink more beer   :-+

The following users thanked this post: yada

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2017, 08:52:58 am »
That's a very strange story:

But the barrier, as NASA scientists discovered, is the result of very low frequency transmissions that, instead of finding their targets of submarines, end up in the Earth’s atmosphere.

:-//

A high powered subwoofer amp oscillating out of control into the ocean on a scuttled research ship ?

Offline GeorgeOfTheJungle

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2017, 09:08:15 am »
That's the same NASA that can't launch rockets anymore and subcontracts to Space Sex?
The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.

Offline EEVblogTopic starter

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2017, 10:12:20 am »
I'm guessing the phenomenon began when Youtube hero Joe Smith started BBQing multimeters with that gazillion volts gadget of his 

Now that the barrier is up, we can stay at the beach longer without getting burned    8)

Offline t_ryner

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2017, 06:57:57 pm »
Could this also be contributed to by lightning? (SPRITES and ELVES)
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upper-atmospheric_lightning

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2017, 10:23:22 pm »
That's the same NASA that can't launch rockets anymore and subcontracts to Space Sex?

I missed the bus (or space shuttle) on this   :-//

Any NASA or ex-NASA members here to elaborate?   :popcorn:

Online BrianHG

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2017, 11:31:09 pm »
I guess the US Navy's and Russian Navy's ELF transmitter systems, radio comm networks down at 3-300Hz using super long underground buried antennas to communicate with submarines, help protect the earth instead of driving some peoples brains mad...

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2017, 11:57:19 pm »
I guess the US Navy's and Russian Navy's ELF transmitter systems, radio comm networks down at 3-300Hz using super long underground buried antennas to communicate with submarines, help protect the earth instead of driving some peoples brains mad...

Unfortunately a lot of suss nightclubs and car hoons have this 3-300Hz subwoofer technology,
and not doing neighborhoods any favors  |O

Offline Red Squirrel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2017, 12:09:51 am »
I thought the barrier was glass, isn't it like a big glass dome?   >:D  Every time they launch rockets they break a hole in it and we are losing all the air.  It's a serious issue!

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2017, 12:47:28 am »
I thought the barrier was glass, isn't it like a big glass dome?   >:D  Every time they launch rockets they break a hole in it and we are losing all the air.  It's a serious issue!

but good news for scuba gear sellers,  :-+ in case any water comes pounding down too  :o
another 'must have' item in the home, placed next to the petrol generator and canned food in the dusty 60s nuke shelter (parents retreat)   8)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 12:54:23 am by Electro Detective »

Offline yada

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2017, 01:00:11 am »
Has anyone heard the WOW signal sped up 16 times? Sounds like a texas/southern USA police officer using a 10 code. What if it was and the WOW signal was just VHF transmission that got caught in the ionosphere like whistlers do from lightening? This signal sped up doesn't sound like your brain trying to turn noise into words like when you play pink Floyd backwards. You can even make out the accent.

I want to get broad band over ULF. Has to be faster then American internet connections and cheaper too! USA is between Romania and Bulgaria in terms of speed. It must be those regulations that people keep bitching about, or their Ted Cruz (who's Canadian) who wants to create a fast lane and an even faster lane! Maybe he was talking about Bulgarias internet as comparison. Band width costs money, tele providers aren't going to spend more on bandwidth, they are just going to take it away from the people who aren't paying the "fast lane" fee. In America I have realized that if you want to know what a law does its the exact opposite of its title; like the "clear sky's act" that allows coal burners to put up unlimited pollution. 

END=rant

Has anyone hear set up any ELF listening stations? You can use the ground as an antenna, a BIG LONG coil, or this handheld device that has a 6' foot whip, I forget what its called but it picks up VLF.

Offline yada

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2017, 01:45:26 am »

Statisticly that chart does make sense but is sufferes fro the cuase effect fallicy. But dumb people wont know that and think science keeps you happy! Whelllll it does for me anyways. I would be vary depressed if I didn't see a career in STEM in my future.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2017, 08:54:56 am »
Is the chart an FFT job, or the rising edge of a waveform?    :-//

The following users thanked this post: Vgkid

Offline GeorgeOfTheJungle

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2017, 10:09:06 am »
How are "we" powering such an awesome shield? How many MW/TW/YW does it take?
The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.

Offline rdl

• Super Contributor
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2017, 05:15:52 pm »
Statisticly that chart does make sense but is sufferes fro the cuase effect fallicy. But dumb people wont know that and think science keeps you happy! Whelllll it does for me anyways. I would be vary depressed if I didn't see a career in STEM in my future.

The chart makes it look like the increased spending causes more people to die from hanging suicides. I don't see the correlation with happiness of dumb people.

Offline Vtile

• Super Contributor
  • Ingineer
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2017, 12:24:17 am »
So the ether vortex folks with secrets of Tesla and ionosperic oscillations of frequenzy of 6Hz were correct!  ::)

In all seriousness If that news is not a duck, it is fascinating.

Offline Vtile

• Super Contributor
  • Ingineer
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2017, 12:28:06 am »
How are "we" powering such an awesome shield? How many MW/TW/YW does it take?
How many MW they are using for VLF transmissions worldwide. If they put it in the air, it must eventually transform to something if not it escapes to space or keep building up.  :-//

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf