Author Topic: Free Audio Book The Lives Of The Engineers  (Read 1424 times)

Offline SgtRockTopic starter

• Supporter
Free Audio Book The Lives Of The Engineers
« on: October 18, 2011, 09:45:37 am »
Greetings EEVBees:

--Please see the below link for LibriVox public domain audiobook; "The Lives Of The Engineers" by Samuel Smiles. This book is an old biography of George and Robert Stephenson who constructed the first working locomotive, The Rocket. It was at this point in time when the Industrial Revolution took off like a rocket. They had coal. They had iron. They had the steam engine. But everything had to be transported by horse and wagon until...

--The recording quality of this audio book is excellent. This kind of material is excellent for listening to while driving, biking, walking, working out. I use recordings like this one (nice and calm) to cover up neighborhood noise, when I am trying to sleep during the day. I set it just low enough to be intelligible and listen to it till I fall asleep. I hope you will enjoy. If I encounter other engineering or electronics related in the way of audio books, I will post.

http://librivox.org/lives-of-the-engineers-george-and-robert-stephenson-by-samuel-smiles/
"I sell here, Sir, what all the world desires to have—POWER." James Watt 1736 1819

Best Regards
Clear Ether

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf