Author Topic: New Member, Please introduce yourself  (Read 1441233 times)

Offline Teljemo

• Contributor
  • Hi. visit my site to see my projects =)
    • Workshop projects
Re: New Member, Please introduce yourself
« Reply #1550 on: October 19, 2014, 07:57:48 am »
Hi.
I'm a 30 years old hobbyist from Sweden.
We have "Svenska Elektronikforumet" (Swedish electronics forum) over there that is great but i felt that I needed to register on a international  forum too.
So here I am. I've been a Sub for eevblog for a long time so the choice of forum was not hard ;)

I'm doing all kinds of projects. and I try to save them on my site, both in pictures and video clips on youtube.

Glad to be here =) :scared:

Offline donmr

• Regular Contributor
  • W7DMR
« Reply #1551 on: October 19, 2014, 11:55:19 pm »
Hi, still working after about 35 yrs.  20+ with HP in calculators, printers, cameras.  Then Agilent, and Avago.  They sold our group and the wild ride has continued through several more changes.  Still doing embedded stuff for a living.

I'm also into amateur radio as a hobby and community service (W7DMR).

Don

Offline bills

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1552 on: October 20, 2014, 01:24:12 am »
Hi
my name is bill and I have a electronics problem,I have tried a 12 step program but it did not work.
So here I am.
regards
bill
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline bingo34

« Reply #1553 on: October 20, 2014, 09:47:07 am »
Hello,

My name is David,
I am 33 years old i live in Paris
I search to softmod a graphic card on graphic professionnal card.

My search from google go here.
Regards
David

Offline pordzio

« Reply #1554 on: October 23, 2014, 10:35:02 am »
Hi all,
My name is Piotrek.
Currently I'm a Java programmer in a big corporation.
I'm also a certified electronic technician by education - currently really rusty, although Dave's videos make want to refresh ;D

Cheers

Offline kb1uif

« Reply #1555 on: October 25, 2014, 02:50:00 pm »
Hi,
My name is Andy, I'm 57. I was born in England but now live in the USA.
I have been studying electronics since I was back in England at the age of 8, when my parents bought me a Philips electronics set. It became a career when I joined a TV repair shop as an apprentice at 16. At 21 I left there to work at British Telecom repairing exchange equipment. After a few years I was asked if I would like to move into the training department to teach the 15 or so annual intake of technician students which I did for several years. The company went through various changes over the years and our section became more manufacturing than repair. We also started running courses on the products that were manufacturing some were Unix based. Fujitsu eventually took over our section of BT and we started manufacturing communication products for them.
After a serious illness I left BT to work at a local college as a Computer services and Network manager.
Around 2000 I moved to the USA. I had enough of the corporate life style so now I work at a residential home for special needs clients. I still love to repair electronic equipment when I get the opportunity, some domestic equipment and some computer or radio equipment as I am a Radio Ham, hence the KB1UIF & G6JVS.
I have a good selection of test equipment that I have aquired over the years some old and some new.
I also have lots of radio equipment that I like to repair when required.
Well that's enough of my waffle, I hope to meet you folks on the forums to throw around a few ideas.

Offline pdlservices

• PDL-Services
« Reply #1556 on: October 25, 2014, 04:42:31 pm »
Hi All my name is Pete i am from the Uk and run an Electronics assembly company.

Offline G-Nerd

« Reply #1557 on: November 01, 2014, 07:49:40 pm »
Hi all Gareth from the UK

I have mostly worked with garage equipment (engineering) and as a domestic appliance engineer, I have always been interested in electronics and getting down to the fun stuff and now I have a bit more time and cash I decided to give it ago!

Current Status  |O getting started lol but enjoying the vids and hope to gain some knowledge from this forum

Cheers

Offline Framebuffer

• What a bobby Tesla!
    • Updated once every century.
« Reply #1558 on: November 01, 2014, 11:35:04 pm »
Sup everyone!
I've been an EEVBlog lurker for a while now, and I keep hearing bout the famous forum Dave keeps on saying on his vids, so I joined.
I'm a complete n00b when it comes to electronics, but I know my way around software (also I code! yay!) and computer hardware. Sp yeah, hai. :blah:
If you happen to know someone called WafflesAndPancakes anywhere else on the web... err it's me.

Offline Absintu

« Reply #1559 on: November 04, 2014, 02:07:27 am »
Hi.. Im Absinto from Portugal
Almost graduating in Telecomunications anda Electronics Eng
 :D

Offline awde

« Reply #1560 on: November 04, 2014, 09:48:06 am »
Hi, I'm EE student from Finland!

Offline PatrikLundin

« Reply #1561 on: November 05, 2014, 02:48:24 am »
Hi there. Patrik, originally from Sweden, now in the US. Mostly a web back-end guy, formerly more application programmer/system designer/whatever I could convince people to pay me for. Some HW experience but mostly software guy. Turned 40 this year, realizing hardware is still really fun and these days it doesn't look as brutal as it was twenty-twenty five years ago.

Offline wazzokk

• Contributor
« Reply #1562 on: November 05, 2014, 04:48:00 pm »
Hi All
I am Dave, i've been a enthusiastic follower of EEVblog videos for quite a while, Luv Em Dave.
I have been, vehicle mechanic, TV engineer, British Telecom engineer and various others. Now retired, married, two kids, two grandkids. Always been into DIY and I like repairing things that are not supposed to be serviceable, I guess thats recycleing but really I just don't like A throwing things away B spending money (Yorkshire Man). I  have been an amateur electronics constructor since I was 11 (valves even) but still don't know much, now playing with Picaxe chips. Inactive Radio Amateur, once  I've built something somebody else can play with it. At the moment wondering whether to buy a Hantek 6022BL/BE after following the "Hantek 6022BE 20MHz USB DSO" thread really excellent work by RichardK with support from others.

Offline RLBennett

• Contributor
« Reply #1563 on: November 05, 2014, 07:36:10 pm »
Hello fellow Nerds & Geeks! Been doing radio and electronics for awhile....well, since the early 1970s. Got my ham ticket in 1977 and still active, my call is WD4DUI and I hang on 14.300.
Spent 8 years in the USAF as a microwave radio systems troop and worked on many different microwave tranceivers from tube types to solid state types in the 4 to 8 GHz ranges. Also worked on FDM and TDM multiplexers, teletype muxes, battery systems. Stationed at Feldberg Germany, Kwag-Ju Korea, Rome NY & Sumpter S.C. Learned lots a good stuff in the Air Force.
While in high school, I attended Ahren's Trade School and studied Radio & TV repair in Louisville, KY. I loved breaking them rectifier tubes and getting the mercury out of them.
I wish that I had more space for my electronics shop, I have tons of stuff but not enough space to work.
Also, was Cheif Engineer at a wireless MMDS TV company, engineer and manager for a radio direction finder company and other jobs in the radio, telecomm and electronics field. Now retired and need to do more with my radio electronics endeavours. (Pardon my spelling)
73 to all here.
Rob WD4DUI

Offline chew

« Reply #1564 on: November 09, 2014, 01:47:27 pm »
hello
I have been watching Dave's video since episode 1, but finally got off my butt to join teh Forum.
Worked in the electronic industry for many years mainly in product development.  Tried to quit the field one time but being a diehard nerd, just can't hack it anywhere else  :-DD

Offline dizgah

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1565 on: November 12, 2014, 09:16:38 pm »
hi every body
im Mahmoud,from iran
with best regards
; )
Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.
Albus Dumbledore

Offline inness1948

« Reply #1566 on: November 15, 2014, 07:07:49 pm »
Hi there everybody my name is Bob and I joined this forum on 4 Nov 2014, This is my first post, just to say hello, it as taken me until now to find where to place this post ( so I will have no chance of finding my way round circuit boards  :-DD )I retired a few years ago so I started looking at electronics, I have followed Dave and his EEVblog vids on you tube for quite some time and I thought it was time to join, so here I am, I have read lots of other boards and I decided that this one was the most friendly, people seem to respect each other on this board, they can have a dig at people but they don't resort to swearing and name calling, quite civilised, for this I thank you all, I hope that one day I will be able to add to the knowledge that is here, but until I get that good I will just ask daft questions. Many thanks for reading this far, Bob

Offline Arlen moulton

• Regular Contributor
  • awesomeness in radios
« Reply #1567 on: November 15, 2014, 07:35:38 pm »
Watch a I'm Arlen I collect vintage radios and I have 76 of them! I have been a collector for five years and know a fair bit about basic test equipment power supplies factory and home made and amplifiers and the way to get high sound quality from small speakers

Offline Supercharged

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1568 on: November 15, 2014, 10:47:21 pm »
Hi my name is Jerome.
i live in Swizerland and im looking forward to study EE at the ETH (Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule => Swiss Federal Institute of Tecnology) in Zürich.
I am a interestet hobyist and verry thankful to Dave for doing the EEVblog it helped me a lot.

Looking forward to great experiences in the Forum.
Science is about what is, engeneering is about what can be.
-Neil Armstrong

Offline samnmax

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1569 on: November 17, 2014, 02:08:42 pm »
Hi everybody!

I'm a computer enginneer from Catalonia with an interest/hobby in electronics. I like taking things apart and repairing them, and Dave's videos have been very useful and instructional (and funny  :D)
I finally decided to join the forum to post about the repairs I've done to my first oscilloscope, a Philips PM3218.

Cheers!

Offline blundar

• Contributor
« Reply #1570 on: November 21, 2014, 05:25:03 am »
My name is Dave.  I've been lurking here for years but finally got around to registering on the forum.  I work with automotive electronic systems a lot.  I'd love to play with more high voltage stuff, like SSTC/plasma speaker kinda stuff.

Offline -jeffB

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1571 on: November 23, 2014, 06:37:13 pm »
I'm Jeff. I'm a longtime electronic hobbyist, although I've been pretty inactive for the last decade or so. I cut my teeth on LS TTL and op-amps in plastic DIPs, so your modern chip capacitors and BGAs confuse and frighten me.  :)

I was drawn here by the lengthy discussion of the Seek Thermal camera dongle -- I've got one on order, and I've got some vague ambitions of doing more than just point-and-shoot work with it. My professional and academic background is in computer science and usability, and I spent a lot of time working with ImageJ at a previous job, so I'm hoping I can do a bit of useful tinkering on the software side.

Offline TubiCal

• Tube Tinker & Mad Musician
« Reply #1572 on: November 23, 2014, 11:28:32 pm »
Hi #?,

This is TubiCal and i just found this fred here. I studied EE/telecommunications @ "Technische Hochschule Darmstadt" or FHD nowadays calling itself h_da. I worked as a PCB design engineer for about four years until the company sourced it all out. Prior to that i was a student employee at VDE here in germany, as i liked to blow up things on purpose and got paid for that;)

Now i earn my money i a complete different field of activity, as i do not want to work my ass off for absolute minimum payment.

But electronics remains as it is one of my major hobby, along with music and recording.
As i done both part time professional. I was a part time musician for a studio, played in various bands (hard rock, funk, jazz, electro, trance...)Run a studio until we closed as money margins had been cut to nearly zero.

I had most fun while done some ProAudio rental service during the 199x. Popping cones from 18inch woofers prior to its reconing was a lot of fun, as well as bowing up serious PA-Amps on purpose to see if they are as good as claimed by the manufacturer (mostly - there where not;)

Last, but definitive not least, i *like* tubes.
Because Tubes run hotter than any 1/2(0nDUCK<>

Offline john44066

• Satellite Tracker
« Reply #1573 on: November 25, 2014, 02:03:54 am »
Hi,

My name is John Eccles. I live in Cheraw, South Carolina, USA and I am 66 years young. I am now retired from the electronics industry as a hardware/software/firmware design and development engineer where I worked on Coastal Radar systems, military systems for aircraft flight displays, fuel quantity measurements systems, and landing systems, and then finally design and development for military vehicle computer systems in support of the Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts.

While in retirement I am active in the following areas:

Amateur radio

Live sound production and DJing both video and audio

Astronomy - tracking systems for telescopes such as Meade and Nexstar. I have a website http://www.heavenscape.com as well as a forum. I have recently purchased all rights and ownership to a satellite tracking program software package called Satellite Tracker. This is a very interesting aspect of my life. I have a Meade LX-200 ACF 10 inch telescope and a Nexstar 8SE 8 inch telescope for use as my development environment. Now the fun begins.

I have a full lab for doing hardware, firmware and software development. I just upgraded my computer to a Dell XPS 8700 i7 Win 7 with four 23 inch monitors along with a Dell XPS 17 i7 Win 7 laptop.

Well, anyway, there is a lot more that I could share but this is enough for now.

I find this forum very, very interesting and I just stumbled upon it a week or so ago.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 02:17:10 am by john44066 »
Regards, John Eccles, Owner of Satellite Tracker Application, the Satellite Tracker Forum, and the Yahoo Groups called Satellite Tracker

Offline SCase

« Reply #1574 on: November 25, 2014, 09:31:05 pm »
Hello. I'm Steve living in Thousand Oaks. I've been in the test equipment business for the last 35 years or so, now working mostly in RF / microwave gear.

In my spare time I build gadgets out of Arduino's, Pic's and Picaxe's; and my latest platform is the Raspberry PI.

I also teach an after school science program for 4th and 5th graders at a local school. Tying to give them as much hands-on time as possible with electronics and computers. Fortunately, they love it!

I have some vintage gear too. Fluke 910 AC Meter, 801 Differential Meter, and my favorites: Fluke 1722A Controller  and 1020A Touch Terminal. I even have some bubble-memory cards, (256k I think) for the 1722A.

Cheers to Dave for the awesome vids!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf