Author Topic: New Member, Please introduce yourself  (Read 1433851 times)

Offline metalphreak

• Frequent Contributor
  • http://d.av.id.au
    • D.av.id.AU
Re: New Member, Please introduce yourself
« Reply #225 on: November 02, 2010, 06:42:06 pm »
Hey,

My name is David (no seriously :P)

I'm currently in my 4th year of an Engineering/Commerce double degree @ UWA Perth. Majors in Electrical/Electronic Eng and Management.

Found Dave's EEV Blog while reading about the Rigol 'scope (which is on its way!). It is another step in building my home lab :)

Latest thing I've learned: It is incredibly cheap, fast, and satisfying to have your own PCB design fabricated and shipped to you door in a week. There's something special about completing your first project that looks respectable and isn't on breadboard :D

Offline arcom

• Contributor
    • Arc's Lab
« Reply #226 on: November 03, 2010, 08:45:06 am »
Hello!

My name is Marko and I live in Croatia. I'm 26 year old EE working as an automation engineer, developing software for PLCs and commissioning industrial machines. I've been watching Dave's EEV Blog for a while now and decided to join the "club" to learn something new and help others :)

Cheers,
Arc

Offline a soBer Newt

« Reply #227 on: November 05, 2010, 06:57:48 am »
Hello all my name is Nathan Bowers, I am from sunny Southern California, I deeply enjoy the EEVblog and the Amp Hour. I have my own blog at asobernewt.blogspot.com please stop by if you so do decide to.  Hope to lean some new electronics related material here!

Have a good day,
Nathan Bowers

Offline Frenchie

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #228 on: November 10, 2010, 05:03:45 am »
Heya,

I'm a Chemical Engineer who has tinkered off and on with hobby electronics for 10 years or so. Will probably lurk but enjoy the blog posts / advice given as it's really useful for someone who's only done a few EE units at university and is otherwise more or less self taught.

F.

Offline gobblegobble

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #229 on: November 11, 2010, 01:31:10 am »
Hi all.

I'm a student in the area of residential electricity. Stumbled upon the blog while I was looking for some info about multimeters and boy did I found some! ;D
Learning heaps of new stuff about low voltage electricity in general while at it too, and that's not a bad thing in my book either.

Offline Chad1

• Contributor
« Reply #230 on: November 13, 2010, 09:09:59 am »
Hello! I'm Chad1, and have been an active viewer of this blog for quite some time now. Finally decided to join the forum after hearing Dave talk about some of the chatter in one of the earlier episodes! I'm a student in the USA, going into my third year majoring in electrical engineering. I've decided to take the microelectronics track. I've used this blog (pretty close to when it first started) as a way of learning more about electronics, and thus giving me more knowledge that one can't learn in a university classroom. I love fiddling around with electronics and instrumentation. The engineering lab is open 24/7, so I can go to the lab whenever I want to play with one of their scopes, bench dmm's, fun/arb gens, etc.

Offline tuo

• Contributor
« Reply #231 on: November 13, 2010, 09:58:37 am »
I'm 36, eh, 37 years old (yesterday was my birthday) software engineer. Yes, software, so my area of expertise contains OO-programming, Java, JEE, Linux, databases and that kind of stuff. So, "why am I here?" you might ask. For hobby. I'm a audio enthusiast who likes to build his own equipment, like speakers and amplifiers. And of course likes to know how that stuff works while building them.

Offline johnmx

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #232 on: November 13, 2010, 01:48:05 pm »
Hi, I’m João, 31 years old, born and living in Portugal. My interest in electronics started at 11 years old. However until finished the secondary school I didn’t have too much access to electronic components (living in a small inner town). On that time I had more success dismounting things rather than building  :-[
In the university I had access to internet and electronics stores. During that time I was able to develop some personal projects. Although I’ve a master degree in Electronics and Telecommunications, all of my practical knowledge comes from self-learning.
Now I’m working in the optical communications field but also develop electronic systems to control optical components.
Apart of work I love riding bikes, all types (motocross, enduro, street, custom, etc.) and outdoor sports (snowboard, skate, in-line skate, running, off-road cycling, etc.).
Best regards,
johnmx

Offline imants

« Reply #233 on: November 13, 2010, 09:56:25 pm »
Hi!
Some time ago I subscribed to EEVblog's youtube channel which I found via makeblog. Today on youtube I saw a link to the contest, so I found that there is a forum too on EEVblog  :o
I'm automotive engineering student with interest in electronics(I even think about getting education in EE after I graduate, so I could turn my ideas into reality).
Currently I'm taking my first steps with Arduino.

Uncle Vernon

« Reply #234 on: November 14, 2010, 01:02:03 am »
Welcome from a long term nerd residing in Sydney (and hoping soon not to). Scratching a living with Building Automation, GSM telemetry and PLC systems, dabbling with micros.

I'm so old, I can remember a time when DSE actually sold electronics and manufacturing within Australia wasn't considered an expensive novelty.

Offline DARKHORSE

« Reply #235 on: November 14, 2010, 05:26:48 am »
Hi EEVblog My Name is Dylan Smith, I'm new to this game and I am currently studying Electrical engineering at Camosun Collage, and I have used Dave's fantastic reviews to purchase several pieces of equipment.

Offline Nerobro

• Contributor
« Reply #236 on: November 15, 2010, 09:16:54 pm »
Well, I'm Nerobro.  .... It;'s a fairly legitamate claim, as I've been nerobro on the internet since 94 or so.  ;-)  I'm from chicago, IL. In the USA.  (I'm used to very US-centric websites... given dave is an aussie, I should specify, eh?) 

I've very much been enjoying eevblog, and the amp hour.   I figure it's time to say hi to the rest of the fans.

I am more of a ohms law kinda guy, versus EE.  But that seems to get me far enough.  I have dabbled a little in PIC, and while I haven't hooked any up, I've got everything ready to give AVR a swing. I've also played a bit with arduino. 

I learned my big lessons running electric motors with stacks of batteries in my bedroom late at night.  That led to lessons with r/c cars and planes.   80amps at 7.2v is still some serious power!  And eventually, with help of a friend, retrofitting and improving the firing mechanism of a paintball gun. 

My latest endeavors are building a CNC mill, from scratch.  And I'm making an attempt at a good electronic shifting mechanism for bicycles. 

Offline SolidFloyd

• Contributor
  • mmmmmmMechatronics...
« Reply #237 on: November 19, 2010, 04:54:36 pm »
Hi, I've been following the blog fore som while, and desided to join the forum  ;D

I'm 26 years old, from Norway, been working as an machinist and CAD/ CAM supervisor for 7 years, 2 years ago I quit my sweet job to get back to school. I have an Technician Degree in mechanical engineering from the local Technical Institut, and these days I'm doing my last year on an Bachelor degree in mechatronics at University of Agder, Norway.

I love taking things apart  ;D , I also love putting them back together again..
I've been doing some small Arduino projects, and I always loved electronics so I desided to get more in to it. I just got my first scope, bought an Rigol ds1052e, not that I need it, but it shure is fun ;D I will see up on my self as an newbie in this field, I know my basic electronics, but I need to learn more... ;D

I'm also into R\C helis, been flying since 2005, but in the whinter time it is way too cold up here in Norway, so don't get much fly time these days...

cheers!
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."  - A. Einstein

Offline Gall

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #238 on: November 19, 2010, 08:46:20 pm »
I'm 30 years old, from Russia. I'm software engineer in Yandex (www.yandex.ru), M.S. in physics. My hobbies include holography and lasers, electronics, making wooden cases for my projects and jodo (martial art, not to be confused with judo).
The difficult we do today; the impossible takes a little longer.

Offline senso

• Frequent Contributor
    • My AVR tutorials
« Reply #239 on: November 25, 2010, 03:19:17 am »
Hello to everyone, im from Portugal and I'm a student, actually taking a Master in Electronics and Telecommunications engineering.
I'm addicted to robotics and electronics, and I'm actually a member of the Robotic Soccer team of my university.
I love to play with micro-controllers, actually I have only used AVR's, but want to spread my knowledge to ARM's and PIC's 30/33 and 32.
As a side kick I love to tune two stroke engines and to get the best out of them.

Offline Adama

« Reply #240 on: November 25, 2010, 08:46:10 am »
Hi to everybody,
Lucky to join this creative forum and community.
I am located in the very southern parts of Germany.
Specialized in electric motor design and manufacturing. Focus is on DC-Motors (brushed and brushless), as well as magnetic and hysteresis clutches and brakes.

Kind regards,
Cheers,

Adama  ;)

Offline abraxalito

« Reply #241 on: November 26, 2010, 02:14:28 am »
Hi - I'm Richard, I just joined up yesterday as I'm a Tekway DST1102B owner and loved the thread about upgrading it so much I wanted to see all the pictures!

I'm a British guy living in China since 2005 - retired as an engineer but still continuing the hobby I started when I was around 10 years old. Main interest is
digital audio, amps and speakers at the moment - reverse engineering commercial products to learn and experiment. I've been a fan of Dave's YouTube blog for some time.

Offline wardenclyffe

• Contributor
« Reply #242 on: November 26, 2010, 02:50:25 pm »
Hey, my name is Chris and I am a recent graduate in electrical engineering. I studied at Virginia Tech and graduated with an undergraduate concentration in power electronics from our Center for Power Electronics Systems (CPES). I am a big fan of hobby electronics and test equipment. Most of my home projects focus on PIC controllers or renewable energy systems but every now and then I might throw in a buck-boost LED driver for fun.

Offline williefleete

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #243 on: November 28, 2010, 09:28:43 am »
hi guys, my name is william. aka williefleete on youtube and twitter.
i am located in christchurch new zealand, a regular on new zealand's electronics forum Brightsparks, i know quite a bit about most electronics and i am very good at PICAXE BASIC, i have done some quite interesting projects using single (or even multiple) 08M's which is a "rebadged" 12f683 type pic, most of the stuff i have done is based on the little buggers and in the picaxe programmer has 256 bytes user program/eeprom space

my youtube channel is https://www.youtube.com/user/williefleete
twitter http://twitter.com/#!/williefleete
my main url www.resistorhelper.org (not really flash, havnt updated pages for a while i just use it for an image server for forums like this, easier than fotophucket and a server for my site name program "resistor helper" which can help with the resistor colour codes)

Offline Boloop

• Contributor
« Reply #244 on: November 28, 2010, 04:50:45 pm »
I'll try and join the list of these replies. I don't think anyone reads these. But I guess it will be a little odd landmark where people can find out a little more about me if they look through all your posts.

I have read a couple of posts above. Seems to be mixed ages. But all generally male engineers. And it's nothing new out of being in any engineering firm.

I am a student half way through my studies doing Computer and Electronic Engineering. Better at maths than most computer scientists, and better at software than most of the Electronic Engineers. But it doesn't end there. I'm mostly a passive observer of the electronic and a bit of computer hacker community.

Asides from electronics, I am a budding Amateur photographer. I mostly do it as a hobby, not really planning to do anything professional about it. I just don't think I am that good enough and it's too competitive for my tastes. I'll stick to what I know best, and that's programming in Verilog and C++. And shit load of other languages.
Boloop

Offline baljemmett

• Supporter
« Reply #245 on: November 28, 2010, 05:09:26 pm »
I'll try and join the list of these replies. I don't think anyone reads these.

Ah, don't be so sure!  I can't be the only one who tries to read everything, surely; and it's always nice to try and get some idea about people's background...

Offline Tasso

« Reply #246 on: November 29, 2010, 06:47:53 pm »
Hi all,

I'm a senior design engineer, working on instrumentation and industrial electronics in Bologna, Italy.

Ciao,

Tasso

Offline Slobodan

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #247 on: December 01, 2010, 08:39:24 am »
I forgot to introduce myself. I am an electronics student from Belgrade, Serbia.

Offline Crytone

« Reply #248 on: December 02, 2010, 02:05:16 am »
Thought I should chime in here to introduce myself.

I'm currently a 3rd Year EE student in Canada. I've worked in the Telecom sector for several years as a tech manager, building/repairing/testing/designing amplification units, modulators, filters, and custom PCBs before deciding to go back to school. Hoping to increase my knowledge and maybe share some of what I know with others.

-Crytone

Offline aldoaxel

« Reply #249 on: December 03, 2010, 02:26:14 am »
Hi, my name is Aldo, I'm 22 years old and I'm from Mexico. I've just gradauted as an Electronics Engineer this semester, so I really don't know what to do right now. I'm a little confused, because I'm not really sure if I want to get a job or maybe keep studiyng.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf