Author Topic: New Member, Please introduce yourself  (Read 1433741 times)

Offline Bubba

Re: New Member, Please introduce yourself
« Reply #2300 on: September 24, 2017, 09:11:26 am »
Just Call me Bubba   ;D
Medically retired. Been into electronics Hobbying since pre teens.

Only had 3 Quarters left to get my Associates Degree from ITT Before I had to give up to take care of my wife (RIP).

Getting back into electronics. Almost have my Bench together. Lost all my class notes and reference library due to circumstances beyond my control..I will probably be bugging everybody to help refresh my memory and fill in the gaps....
Licensed Ham operator....
Half Baked...

I have posted questions in the past on "Ham" boards and got the typical reply of
Google it (If I could find it on Google after searching for several days I wouldn't have been asking..)
with the general attitude of
"I don't know but I am superior to you anyhow"
etc etc etc...
Hopefully things are a bit different here 

Offline Gmm213

• Contributor
« Reply #2301 on: September 28, 2017, 12:11:53 pm »
Everyone calls me Woody.

Im getting back into electronics as I start to tinker on my stereo equipment. I was an IT for a few years then joined the Navy as a CTT (EW for any old salts, radar EET specialiast for you civvies.)

I'm hopefully starting my EE degree this spring.

The following users thanked this post: vk6zgo

Offline jeanguypataterub

• Contributor
  • I love photography and ham radio along with electronics.
« Reply #2302 on: September 28, 2017, 02:24:09 pm »
hi I'm Pierre from Florida. I am a hobbyist and ham radio operator KM4WSJ. Self learning electronics. Having fun but frustrated at times. I look forward to learning from you guys.

Pierre

Offline khs

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2303 on: September 29, 2017, 08:29:53 am »
Hi from the Free State of Bavaria, Germany!

I'm a manufacturer of (opto-)electronic instruments from the sensor to the user software.
Every time I look around I can learn a little bit more even it's basic knowledge.
So here from me a big THANK YOU to Dave and all contributors of this forum.

Offline dnessett

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2304 on: September 29, 2017, 10:11:54 pm »
I'm Dan, a retired software engineer, who relaxes by tinkering with electronics. My background is not EE, it is computer science via mathematics. So in regards to hardware, I am a hobbyist.

Offline Burke_GA

« Reply #2305 on: September 30, 2017, 01:44:40 am »
G'day,

I'm Greg from "the sticks" in Queensland, Australia. Been away from EE both hobby and professional for several DECADES!! Trying to start back at hobby level again and stumbled on this great forum by accident looking for old test bits to re-equip.  My mind boggles at degree of change since i was last involved. Lots to learn from scratch.

Offline precaud

• Frequent Contributor
    • LinearZ
« Reply #2306 on: September 30, 2017, 01:48:07 am »
I guess this is where we make our first post  :)

I've been a test equipment dealer for the last 21 years, so I've had a chance to play with pretty much everything I used to drool over back when test and measurement was a part of my work. IMO these are the coolest tools on the planet. Several google searches over the years have led me to this forum, so time I joined. Some very bright and clever people here.   :-+

Am heading for retirement in the next year or so, when I can go back to doing this for pleasure. Am in the process of repairing/refurbing some instruments I will want to have on the bench, fixer-uppers picked up along the way. Just finished a Wayne Kerr 6425 a couple weeks ago. Now working on an Anritsu MS420K (almost done) and an HP 4192A (success eludes me as yet - may be beyond my skill set).

Cheers.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 01:53:20 am by precaud »

Offline sprintcarfan

• Contributor
« Reply #2307 on: October 01, 2017, 08:12:19 pm »
I'm John, a mechanical engineer from Indiana.  I am mostly interested in electronics from an automotive standpoint.  EFI, Programming microntrollers ,etc.

Offline edalsan

• Grumpytronics
« Reply #2308 on: October 02, 2017, 02:58:53 pm »
Hello everyone!

I'm new here, so first things first.

I'm a young spaniard freshly graduated in Electronics Engineering. I'm very interested and working on brushless motor control with STM32 microcontrollers. I'm also starting to set up a little electronic lab which will allow me to test things at home as I will not be using the university equipment anymore.

Hope I'll find good people in there and share my (little so far) knowledge with you!

Offline Zenrei

• Contributor
« Reply #2309 on: October 13, 2017, 12:04:45 am »
Hello there
Industrial engineer with moderate experience in all things engineering.
I've been born with...the "knack"
My motto is:
If i dont know the answer when you ask me. you shall have the answer next time we meet.

Offline Kendhill57

« Reply #2310 on: October 13, 2017, 05:24:10 pm »
Hi all... I've worked in verious electronic related fields... aviation, oil field automation,built my first computer while in navy over seas in 78 ; got a bare board apple-clone an have been hooked on building things sense...learned software before most of you where a twinkle in you mother eye. I'm versed in several programming languages. ..playing with fpgas and some test equipment atm. ..picked up a lot of insight on cmu200 from this forum. ..

Offline dwonga

« Reply #2311 on: October 20, 2017, 03:22:33 am »
Hi everyone! I'm David Wong. I'm a computer engineering, graduated 10 years ago from Universidad Nacional de Trujillo, in Trujillo, Peru. All my whole life I've been attracted by computer and electronics (since I was a kid). But most of my adult life I have been programming and managing several projects (non-electronics related). But now, I discovered the Internet of thing(tm) stuff and I felt in love (again) with electronics and circuits. I bought a oscilloscope (Hantek DSO5102P) a function generator (Siglent SDG1025), a multimeter and several canned circuits (like HC-SR04, arduinos, fpgas, etc). I'm very excited to build things with can be controlled over the internet (I found the ESP8266 projects sooo cool).

I hope write very often here, give a hand on whatever I could know and also, ask for help. Thank you for read this post. Count me as a friend.

Offline hedgepig

« Reply #2312 on: October 22, 2017, 11:06:43 am »
Hello everyone,

I'm a junior (3rd year) undergraduate computer/electrical engineering student at the University of Virginia. I've been lurking these forums for a while now, and have really enjoyed watching Dave's videos (they are a great way to learn during "off-hours").

I'm currently interested in just learning more in general about electronics, though I'm starting to look at how I would get a bit more serious about things-right now I'm taking a look at the videos listed at https://www.eevblog.com/forum/projects/electronic-loads-cp-cv-cr-how-to-implement/

There's a real trove of valuable information here... hopefully I'll be able to contribute to that one day (:

Offline arisma

• Contributor
« Reply #2313 on: October 23, 2017, 12:22:04 pm »
Hello all,

One more from Spain.

Regards.

Offline ToxicBacon

« Reply #2314 on: October 24, 2017, 01:52:29 pm »
Hi my name is Danny, in a high school student and I'm just interested in electronics :scared: \$\Omega\$ :horse:
Ps I'm also an edgy meme lord

Offline soggymushrooms

« Reply #2315 on: October 25, 2017, 08:56:44 am »
Hi, I'm Liam, I'm a second-year student studying EE and physics at Southern Methodist University

I'm here more for general insight from people much more experienced than me, particularly on how to stop using arduinos as a crutch in many of my projects.

Offline kulla

• Supporter
« Reply #2316 on: October 25, 2017, 10:48:18 am »
Hmm, I missed to introduce myself, how impolite of me.

Hello from "warm" Sweden.

A hobbyist here, ham radio operator, self learner in everything including electronics.

Did lot of DIY projects, with 3d printers, esp, pic, arduino, lasers, cnc, etc.

Have a 20 years of experience in IT, network, security, operating systems, etc.

I'm here to learn more, much much more and I hope to be able to help someone with what I can.

Cheers

Offline poof

« Reply #2317 on: October 26, 2017, 04:15:42 pm »
Hello

Offline maglin78

« Reply #2318 on: October 28, 2017, 04:29:59 pm »
Hello, I'm Jeremiah from USA, Kansas.  Been active in electronics in one form or another.  I've built a few boards like MegaSquirts for automotive electronic fuel injection and some other projects like an Arduino plasma torch height controller...  I'm looking to dive deeper into EE and this looks to be the best place on the internet to ask and learn it looks like.  I'm looking at getting a D1054Z scope at some point and maybe a few other items that are maybe required for a proper lab.  I currently have a Fluke 88 and recently purchased a DSO138 for a simple single-channel scope.  I look forward to learning more about electronics.

Maglin
Maglin
-Newb

Offline Squarewave

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2319 on: October 28, 2017, 10:11:16 pm »
Hello, new member here. Electronics/electrical/instrument tech (depending on who I'm working for at the time).

I'm a massive Avometer collector too, so if you're ever selling one, let me know :)

Offline twinpeaksr

• Engineer Looking to Play
« Reply #2320 on: November 03, 2017, 07:34:05 pm »
Twinpeaksr from USA.  I spent 12 years doing rugged electronic hardware design for off-highway equipment, and recnetly 4 years doing system engineering design work at the same company.  While I love system engineering work, I am trying to rekindle my hardware design years and stumbled across this forum as I researched getting a scope.

I spent most of my design time on displays and telematics hardware design, test and development, with a background in digital logic (FPGA, CPLD, ASIC durring my BSEE) and RF/High Speed communication (MSEE).  Also started learning SysML and system modelling recently as I completed System Engineering Grad Work.  I hope to start learning software, always been a weak spot for me, but I have several FPGA dev kits I hope to use.  Look forward to checking out the knowledge that is shared here.

Thanks!
"If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem."

Offline coffee

« Reply #2321 on: November 04, 2017, 01:55:59 pm »
Hello everyone!

I'm Carter and I'm currently working at PRS guitars helping design their guitar tube amplifiers. Loads of fun and I am learning alot.

Joining this forum because I want to build a couple of amps at home and therefore want to pick up a scope and signal generator for the basic testing of things. If you have any suggestions that would be great!

I am probably going to pick up a Rigol 1054z, because after reading this forum that seems to be the overwhelming bang for your buck scope. So if any of you guys have a used one you are looking to part with I am in the market! Taking a break from college getting my EE degree to pursue learning this stuff so money is still a little tight.

Also if you guys have a recommendation for a good budget friendly function generator I would love to hear about it.

Thanks and happy to be a part of the forums!
Carter

Offline maleetronic

• Maleetronic
« Reply #2322 on: November 06, 2017, 02:01:29 am »
Hi,

not my first post, but here is my "Hello EEV Blog Forum".
I am Mark from Thailand(original from Germany), living here now since about 8 years.
Since 1 year I am designing and selling my own hardware, while I am working on projects as freelancer in the automation industry.
If you want to know more about me and my designs, have a look at Maleetronic.com.
Mark

Offline kjr18

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2323 on: November 07, 2017, 03:41:23 pm »
Greetings everyone on this glorious forum!
I'm Kazek, I live in Poland. I'm a hobbyist, my skill in electronics could be summed in one sentence: I manage to NOT blow any stuff lately. :-DD
Sometimes I use Dave's videos as a background music when I'm working on something, his voice is somewhat calming, when something is not working as intended. ;D

Offline CoalCreekPlastics

• Supporter
  • !
« Reply #2324 on: November 09, 2017, 04:18:03 am »
Hello all, this post is way past due, but there are so many cool topics to offer my uninformed opinion on.  ;D My name is Patrick and I am fascinated with electronics.  I work as a software engineer, but have a "second shift" job called Coal Creek Plastics.  I am about to undertake an injection molding business and do some 3D Printing additive manufacturing.  I am a total electronics noob but I have learned a ton from Dave's videos and this forum.  He taught me how to solder properly, and that's a great start.  Thanks all!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf