Author Topic: New Member, Please introduce yourself  (Read 1440802 times)

Offline j3h4

Re: New Member, Please introduce yourself
« Reply #425 on: October 04, 2011, 06:41:02 am »
Greetings from Denmark.

I have a major in computer science and a minor in mathematics, but have always been very interested in electronics. I played a lot with bread boards and kits when I was younger. I was also into ham radio at the time.

Now, I am into to the hacker movement, and dabble with all sorts of projects, both analog and digital. I like especially working with MCU's and developing firmware for them. My biggest ongoing project is a quadcopter build, where I try to make as much as possible from scratch.

I have three kids, so much of my time goes into that.

Offline macsopals

• Macs Opals
« Reply #426 on: October 04, 2011, 06:56:19 am »
Hi everyone, I am Mac, I own several electronic stuff too. I am glad to be with you guys.

Offline JohnnyG

« Reply #427 on: October 04, 2011, 07:35:32 am »
Hello everyone,

I'm a 4th year electrical engineering student in Canada. I'll be entering an MSc. in EE in the fall focusing on electromagnetics and medical imaging, but I still love to tinker with simple circuits. I've been watching the EEVBlog for a long time, but I finally decided to jump into the forum now!

Offline ZachFlem

• Contributor
  • Telco Tech/Rigger, Crane Operator
    • seezed solutions - communications solutions
« Reply #428 on: October 05, 2011, 10:38:45 am »
Hi Folks,
I'm Zach, a telecommunications tech from Australia.
I'm currently getting myself ready to go out on my own, and am here to talk about options for meters etc.

Hope I can contribute on some level, but I suspect there is a wealth of knowledge already here that far outweighs my limited experience!

Offline AscendedDaniel

« Reply #429 on: October 05, 2011, 11:41:47 pm »
Hello everyone,

I'm Jason from Santa Clara, CA, USA. I work at a Silicon Valley tech company. Technically, I'm a firmware engineer, but I do a lot of procurement, hardware tools development (including pcb layout as well as mechanical tools), and design of automated testing. I do analog and digital EE, mechanical, and software engineering.

Offline goldenrebel

« Reply #430 on: October 09, 2011, 12:18:26 pm »
Hi!

I'm an electrical engineer by education, but spend most of my time in systems engineering.

Peter

Offline BloodyCactus

• Frequent Contributor
    • Kråketær
« Reply #431 on: October 11, 2011, 01:04:05 am »
Hiya. I'm another Aussie, living in the usa tho (wife does not want to move 'home') :( software engineer for largest nuclear company in the world.. just getting into electronics as its one of my winter projects is going to require a pcb/chips/etc.. should be quite fun!
-- Aussie living in the USA --

Offline dougsisco

« Reply #432 on: October 14, 2011, 05:52:30 pm »
I'm Doug Sisco, and I'm a 1988 EE Lafayette grad. I've been involved with many embedded and programming projects both in industry and at home. Lately I've played with the MSP430, the Mbed, and the Parallax chips. You can visit my website at http://www.dougsisco.com

Offline pcbraSil

« Reply #433 on: October 15, 2011, 11:20:17 pm »
Hi,

I am a brazilian student who enjoy electronics and to know how things work.

Offline Makezilla

« Reply #434 on: October 16, 2011, 04:12:47 am »
Hello from Canada.  I've been a programmer for years but was recently introduced to arduino and have since been rediscovering an old interest in electronics.  I have watched several of the videos here and have found them to be an awesome resource.

Offline SiBurning

• Contributor
« Reply #435 on: October 17, 2011, 04:18:11 am »
Took apart my first radio when about 5 years old. Managed to put one back together at 11. Gave up the hobby around 1992, but got involved again a bit a few years back. Was (and am) mostly into audio--restorations and fixes. Do a bit of kit building, too. Haven't designed anything since 92, though.

My nick is... well... I love the smell of silicon (burning) in the morning.

My day gig is computer programmer.

Offline Puma

« Reply #436 on: October 17, 2011, 06:09:09 am »
Hey, I'm Matt from Illinois.  I'm 26 with a BSEE degree and am currently looking for a job. 

My main interests in electronics are with RF and microcontrollers.  I have a General amateur radio license KC9SCJ, but currently only have a 2 meter HT.  I hope to buy my first oscilloscope soon which will help me with debugging mcu peripherals and in producing my own receiver/transceiver circuits.

Offline ellisg

« Reply #437 on: October 20, 2011, 02:25:14 am »
Hello there, I am Ellis a student of electrical engineering.  I am most interested in diy projects concerning a remote control car servos and the main component of running them.  Though my latest builds are geared toward simple weather stations I could implement portably, which meant that some third party power source had to be used aside from the one you could port on your car trunk.

Offline Mikedelectric

« Reply #438 on: October 26, 2011, 01:10:26 am »
 :D Hi, an Electrician by Trade, (if I'm lucky enough to find work), I zigged when most everyone i see here zagged, Have been working on the Large stuff compared to all the

small stuff everyone else works on normally. Have been brushing up on my Electrical theory and soldering skills,and watching all of Dave's videos.

Have learned alot, and enjoyed the Dmm testing, Dave probably  saved me from blowing my hand off with one of the One hung low brand Dmm's!!

Have a Fluke 189, and will be keeping an eye out for a fluke 87,(can't have to many test meters!!), will be looking forward to all the posts and blogs on the EEv blog web site. :D

Offline don.r

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #439 on: November 12, 2011, 07:00:44 pm »
Hello everyone (and Dave),

I'm a retired EE from Canada. Nice to see such a blog and forum on the web aimed squarely at us tinkerers. Remember, disassemble before reading the manual!  ;D

Offline kaz911

• Super Contributor
« Reply #440 on: November 13, 2011, 11:07:30 am »
Hi im Kaz, about 40 years old. EE from a long time ago and have not used my EE skills for years. So I'm trying to catch-up and restock on tools and components etc. :-)

I used to work in a Kit company like "Velleman" doing everything from Test, Assembly, Construction, and *sigh* kit packing. At that time it was Protel and Orcad. The company I worked for was one of the first to do PC Cards in kit form (ISA) and published an Electronics Magazine. So I built MIDI cards, Network cards (ARC Net if anyone remembers - coax 1mbps) plus FIBRE implementation of ARC net (and testing each card with 2 km fibercable on a big drum...) and a lot of other things. And then of course wrote the some of the software for it.. That was all < 1988.

Then I became an editor of PC World in scandinavia - then the Internet happened and now I am in the United Arab Emirates - looking to update my old skills and maybe do a bit of construction. :-) But I worked on PC 's with 4.77Mhz and 8Mhz turbo... And now even my phone runs GHz.  So I have a lot of catching up to do.

Nice to see you all and hope to learn even more than I already have.

Offline mcinku

• Contributor
« Reply #441 on: November 14, 2011, 10:24:09 am »
My name is Mirc and I'm 39 living in Slovenia.
I work in IT but I have some background in electronics... my high school education is electronics science.
My main interest are old tube amps... I build them, fix them, mod them and play them...

Since I'm following EEVblog I also became electrical measuring tools adict.  :o
Just an example, ... before I was quite happy with my old Voltcraft multimeter, it does everything what I need, even with only 4000 counts and 0.9% DC precision... but now I have four (40.000, 50.000 counts - 0.025% precision) and two of them are Fluke obviously... damn I hate you Dave.
 ;D

Offline scarletpimpernel

« Reply #442 on: November 14, 2011, 09:37:31 pm »
Hi everyone,

Ahmed from the UK.  Ph.D. in Computer Science from Cambridge and M.Sc. in Microelectronic Engineering from Manchester.

Currently interested in on-chip networks from a reliability and redundancy perspective, as well as hardware emulation of microcontrollers using FPGAs.

All the best ..
Between love and madness lies the thin line of obsession (anonymous)

Offline John Wilson

« Reply #443 on: November 18, 2011, 02:21:48 am »
Hello, everyone (and Dave, of course).

I have recently come back to electronics after discovering microcontrollers. My background is programming (since 1973) and some electronics. I'm trying to relearn everything and get back up to speed. At this point I've concentrated on PIC microcontrollers using assembler.

I've been a career firefighter in Canada for the past 20 years and developed an e/911 interface and developed a rudimentary (very) computer aided dispatch system.

john

Offline spikyjoe

« Reply #444 on: November 19, 2011, 06:22:41 pm »
I am an Electronic and Embedded software engineer from the UK.
I currently work in the off-highway automotive sector.
 ;)

Offline CosmicGecko

« Reply #445 on: November 21, 2011, 09:05:06 am »
Howzit from Hawaii,

I'm a software engineer by trade, but have always had an interest at the hardware level -- despite not having any formal training or a degree in Electronics Engineering. Looking forward to studying some of the designs and project ideas posted in these boards.

Offline justy

« Reply #446 on: November 21, 2011, 11:26:28 pm »
Hello, I'm Justin- my website is http://justy.me and I run Arduino Workshops for Little Bird Electronics.  I'm a digital guy trying to improve my analog chops.

I make my own double sided boards and solder SMD under a microscope.  Last night I made an 8x8 SMD LED display that's 15mm squared.

I'm looking for some advice on how to troubleshoot my Kikusui DSS5040's storage mode (the trace just sits in one spot now) but I'm not sure where the best place here is to post such a question?

Offline PeteH

• Supporter
« Reply #447 on: November 23, 2011, 11:50:13 pm »
Hi Everyone,

I am an Electrical Engineering Student in Canada. I have watched videos on the blog for a long time and only recently joined the forum. My interests (passions) are PCB design, Schematic Design and of course, electronic analysis (Mostly a fan of power systems). I have experience with the Cadence tool set, RISC/ARM architectures, HDI design and low/micro power circuits.

-Peter

Offline benkev

« Reply #448 on: November 25, 2011, 01:00:11 am »
Hello,

I am Leonid Benkevitch, or simply Leo. I am physicist and I work in MIT Haystack observatory in Westford, Massachusetts. However, I live in New Hampshire, on the border with Massachusetts.
Electronics is my hobby. I joined this forum due to my interest in hacking the Hanteck DSO5102 digital oscilloscope inflamed by the user "tinhead".

Offline tamtam

« Reply #449 on: November 27, 2011, 10:36:14 pm »
Hi

I'm Mike from Switzerland. I work in industry as electrician. I came to the blog when I searched information about multimeter :) In my job I work more with PLC and drives, than with electronic.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf